No Idling for cars

Showster

(edited)

How about electric, hybrid or vehicles with stop-start function? How can this rule be enforced when the vehicle is in idle but in electric mode?

That been said, we are far behind developed countries that already had this law in place eons ago. However these laws are applied to countries with temperate climate and so far have not seen any tropical countries adopting such a law. 

Edited by Herz22
↡ Advertisement

Next time bring a along a few potatoes and stick them up their exhaust pipes if not their a$$ !

If I see supermarkets always run out of potatoes then I will know must be a lot of bros from MCF follow your suggestion.

Supersonic
(edited)

I just came back from the expo. Who date to say they didn't waited minimum 20 plus minutes for a lot with engine running.

Suggest to nea. Shut down the expo. It contributed at least 10% daily emission level.

Edited by Kopites

like that very difficult to pika pika in car liao.. cannot open window also cannot on aircon

Same scene in Titanic.

Twincharged

I just came back from the expo. Who date to say they didn't waited minimum 20 plus minutes for a lot with engine running.

Suggest to nea. Shut down the expo. It contributed at least 10% daily emission level.

They already take action to reduce emissions. Have to switch off engine while waiting. Btw, do you all normally switch engine off while waiting for a lot?

Turbocharged
(edited)

LTA enforcement officer also never switch off thier bike when issue summon .

Please read again the exemption list. The list is found in post #1 and #41

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

They trying very hard to climb the world pollution control efforts ranking lah.

SG ranked very low.. like 13x out of all the nations.

Please lah. They don't even want to acknowledge electric cars.

All bulls**t lah. Wayang here and there only.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

So if need to wait n too hot too off aircon, circle/loop the area issue resolved. Just keep moving.

Don't worry, there is not enough resources to police the whole country.  None of my friends were ever caught for idling the engine.

Usually, when they change law, they only be on the ball for the first month.  Then it is life as usual after that.

How many times have you all use phone while driving ?

What about weekend cars driving after 7am ?

As for all the greenery effort, after all these years, we are still one of the worst polluter in the world by per capita.

Even Taxi still idle their engine while he is taking his lunch in the coffeeshop.

You should take action only when your friend is caught and fined. And driving your car round and round could cause even more pollution.

As for me, I cut the engine and get out of the car.  I will even park and walk 500m to the hawker centre type.

So if need to wait n too hot too off aircon, circle/loop the area issue resolved. Just keep moving.

• Praise 4

LTA enforcement officer also never switch off thier bike when issue summon .

It falls under exemption.

Also exempted for illegal parking in the course of discharging the duties.

They only want money la..

Look at how they backstab those CNG car owners with CNG tax and you know already.

Yes. These government agencies should work together toward a greenter country. Example lower taxes for electric vehicle, allow those Europe 6,7,8 (whatever they want to call it), encourage people to take up cycling, design road that tend to get congested(there is another thread on flaw design of our road system), implement more solar power powered infrastructures. The list can go on and on.

Take the easy solution of penalise motorists is like digging shit hole only when you want to shit.

I don't off engine when waiting for lot.

Have to be ready to chiong for the lot mah. If off engine, you need time to start the engine again when you see a lot. By the time you do that, another car drives by and goes for it.

How? [laugh]

They already take action to reduce emissions. Have to switch off engine while waiting. Btw, do you all normally switch engine off while waiting for a lot?

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

They only want money la..

Look at how they backstab those CNG car owners with CNG tax and you know already.

I don't off engine when waiting for lot.

Have to be ready to chiong for the lot mah. If off engine, you need time to start the engine again when you see a lot. By the time you do that, another car drives by and goes for it.

How? [laugh]

Exactly, on one hand they say "Go green", on the other hand they tax you for choosing petrol alternatives like diesel, CNG, electric...

• Praise 4

Money > Encouraging green effort.

That's FamiLee Pte Ltd for you. And more recently, P@P Pte Ltd

Exactly, on one hand they say "Go green", on the other hand they tax you for choosing petrol alternatives like diesel, CNG, electric...

• Praise 1

most basement car park are stuffy, open air are hot... cant bring myself to switch off the engine.. lol

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

most basement car park are stuffy, open air are hot... cant bring myself to switch off the engine.. lol

Looks like I am the only one that switches of my engine whenever I am waiting for lot. lol. I only turn on engine when i see someone going to leave.

Edited by Nzy

It's silly that we need this rule... but sometimes, some people lack the common sense and empathy to think of others or their environment. So a stick like this is necessary.

Take the pic I've attached for example... this is for the side gate - marked by X - for the primary school my daughter studies in. Those two yellow signs I've circled in red, are new additions for the last year or so. They read asking parents to have consideration and to switch their engines off while waiting for their children.

Why was such a sign even necessary? Surely as a parent, don't they know that while they're cocooned in their AC car - sometimes for as long as 15+ minutes - waiting for their children to come, there are others also waiting outside inhaling the damn fumes?

There are children, babies in strollers, old people, maids all waiting in that small shelter as one has to wait for the school children to be released by the side gate. Couldn't go in earlier.

Even after the sign was put up, there were still idiots who had reading issues. And when I tapped on their windows and pointed the sign out, they just ignored and went back to playing fcking candy crush on their phones ð¡

Sometime i feel like it is a joke that those whom doesnt follow law are those who exploit the law. Imagine if u smash her car window when she wind up to ignore you. What will she do next? She will call the cop and sue u. Since she is the one that dont obey the law/rule, why should she expect other to do so?

Yes NEA policies are for show only.

The enforcement is also for show only.

The place I go for my sport activities, still have people smoking at the building edge, sometimes near the door.

Then chiller truck how?

Summon each time they do delivery?

If they don't summon then why have double standards?

Yes NEA policies are for show only.

The enforcement is also for show only.

The place I go for my sport activities, still have people smoking at the building edge, sometimes near the door.

Then chiller truck how?

Summon each time they do delivery?

If they don't summon then why have double standards?

They did say chiller truck, cement trucks etc exempted

↡ Advertisement