Scratch by lorry

derron0102

Got a scratch around 2cm. Suspect scratched by lorry. Any suggestion bros here? I was quoted respect whole panel for $100. Any bros know where I can get a touchup paintjob?

Thank you all for any suggestion.

post-172054-0-54623100-1462276828_thumb.jpeg

post-172054-0-44834600-1462276839_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You can go to autobacs, they have touch up paint. Better to know ur color code then enquire before going. I had two stone chips .. got some decal from wrapstyle.. or you can go to the paintshop

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

Well. U lucky boy.

My left side mirror cover. Gone. Now i see wires liao. Lol.

Kinda like a mischief. Prank

Or stolen

Edited by Spurman
  • Praise 1

Got a scratch around 2cm. Suspect scratched by lorry. Any suggestion bros here? I was quoted respect whole panel for $100. Any bros know where I can get a touchup paintjob?

I also got similar dent with some white paint at front left wheel fender. Judging from the height, should be either van or lorry. May I know where you got the quotation of $100?
  • Praise 1

(edited)

From my experience, best solution is to use some "sports performance decal" to cover it up. Cheap n easily replaceable if you don't like it. Touch up paint may end up looking worse or more obvious if you don't apply it like an artist. Respray is a total waste of money - ask yourself how many times are you prepared to respray again if some other tiny dents appear in future?

You may not believe it but 3-6 months later, your brain will not even care to notice the dent any longer. Unless of course you're a hardcore OCD person.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

Ouch.. sorry to see that. I just had a very similar experience on a 4 months old car. Had to respray my whole rear bumper. Hit and run in carpark.

Anyway, looks to be rear quarter panel and down to bare metal. 2nd pic seems to show a slight dent. Bare metal will rust if left exposed, it's only a matter of time..

Depending on age of car, either cover with decal, live with it and move on, or PDR (for the dent, I prefer this to body filler) respray and move on. Make a decision and put the whole incident behind you [nod]

• Praise 1

I used a lot of bullet-holes stickers. My car looks like kena sprayed by mafia tommy guns. One guy at car wash got a shock before he wash then he looked at me and started laughing.

• Praise 2

TS,if i am nt wrong you are driving a pacific blue VW.

You can go to VCS to buy the OEM touch up pencil (base coat + clear coat) for 33 SGD. i have tried it myself, the quality is not bad

I wont recommend touch up paint by autobacs or NTUC end up u also paying close to 30 sgd. 

if you are a perfectionist, go and repaint the whole panel  with those body works garage.

• Praise 1

Bro, use marker and touch up and let it go ! let it go !!!

Cos in future sure may have such dents appearing, even you dont park next to lorry, after you park, the car next to your lot leaves and along comes a lorry / van.

If you free, after you park, you look at other cars front left fender on top, sure got many such dents... zzzzz

for a whole panel for respray is considered cheap already, out there minimum 150 to 200. if you need a good spray job i can pm you my contacts.

To me the most important thing is to prevent propagation of rust starting from that bare metal scratch. Which methd described above best deals with this?...

Yea...few weeks later u'll forget about it.

I kanna from my son...tricycle handle...the white rubber bua car door. ...zzzz