Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi anyone installed approved exhaust?? Any significant gain? And is it loud?

based on my last check, the only approved one is the remus. it would be loud.

Hi, Iâve been driving my QQ 1.2 for 20 months and quite satisfied overall except the slow pickup. Sometime, you just rammed but the car just wonât move. I wonder if any of our fellow drivers ever experienced such slow pickup in our QQ. Also, I like to know what is the alternative tyres profile that would suit our car other than the original 215/60/17. Thanks to all who are able to enlighten.

it is normal since it is a small engine and heavy body. there are ways to make it responsive with some performance enhancers. ideally, it should have at least a 1.5 engine.

are you intending to stick with the same rims or changing to 18/19"?

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback.  I totally agreed with all your points.

One question, if switch to 18' does it impact to the TPMS due to tyres size.  I remember I had installed the Orange TPMS in the past and you will require to replace all the tyres' valve stamp with their sensor device on each wheel.

Thanks

Hi zipzoom,

Congras !!

1. Indeed quiet especially road noise is almost none if you are on quiet tyres like primacy 3 ST and 17"/215 width. Not many even luxurious car can compete pls see 11.

2. Nil

3. Yes, it is firm but compliance ...nice and comfortable. You wun want bouncy and rolling left/right ride of forester ..pls see 11.

4. Nice, simple but yet classy fitting but indeed rear legroom for 2.0 is a bit wanting and not for big family or 6 footers in rear seats.

5. Nil

6. Nil

7. Ok but radio reception is so so .. integrated navigation is fine

8. 360 deg cam is nice !

9. BSM is nice !

10. Nil

11. Stock 19 is a bit too much for qashqai ...18" suffice else FC, road noise and ride comfort are compromised. Replacement 19" tyres are expensive and stock rims design is barely acceptable at best and make sense to change to 18" together with tyres when stock tyres run out.

Worksmanship issues like your poorly fitted hose is not ususual ... cannot compared immigrant workers and british beer drinking redneck to Japanese attention to quality and details.

Believe 5 yrs warranty covers engine and gearbox only, 3 yrs for other car parts, 1 yr for audio system, 2 yrs for leather seats etc.

Cheers.

Richard

Good ... I want the Auto-Lock badly and the price is very affordable.  

But need to check whether it will fit on the new Facelift model (I am driving 2.0).

Itchy finger and bought this:

https://ezbuy.sg/product/158064476385428.html

Confirm working for TPMS, Auto-lock and all other functions. Pre-FL 2.0

TPMS reading quite close though sensor-less, as I just pump up to 240 before attaching the OBD dongle. 

For less then SGD 20, no-brainer add-on.  

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback. I totally agreed with all your points.

One question, if switch to 18' does it impact to the TPMS due to tyres size. I remember I had installed the Orange TPMS in the past and you will require to replace all the tyres' valve stamp with their sensor device on each wheel.

Thanks

Hi Zipzoom,

TPMS is regardless of tyre/rim size.

The TPMS sensors will have to be removed and transfered to the new tyres at tyre shop even if you change to same new 19" rims.

The sensors of your orange TPMS are the internal type of sensors while there are also external type sensors like valve caps that you can diy to transfer them but are a bit more troublesome since it comes with anti-theft nuts that you need to remove when you pump up at petrol station.

Hope I understood and responded to your query correctly.

Cheers.

Richard

Good ... I want the Auto-Lock badly and the price is very affordable.

But need to check whether it will fit on the new Facelift model (I am driving 2.0).

Hi Zipzoom,

One bro with new FL 1.2L came by my place to try out another autolock module with TPMS and we found out that it does NOT work.

As such, I believe this will also not work since they must have change the BCM for the FL while tiong qashqai are only still the pre FL version.

Sorry for the possibly bad news but think no harm to try a sgd20 and share with your finding with FL bros and lelong it easily to pre FL bros .. or just meet up with bro who bought it to try like me and the 1.2L bro.

Cheers.

based on my last check, the only approved one is the remus. it would be loud.

it is normal since it is a small engine and heavy body. there are ways to make it responsive with some performance enhancers. ideally, it should have at least a 1.5 engine.

are you intending to stick with the same rims or changing to 18/19"?

Hi Babyjyo, thanks for reply.

To improve the pickup, can I know what can be done and what is the damage like? As for the changing of tyres, I intend to use back the stock 17” rims.

• Praise 2

Hi Babyjyo, thanks for reply.

To improve the pickup, can I know what can be done and what is the damage like? As for the changing of tyres, I intend to use back the stock 17â rims.

just to name a few..

vortex generators/surbos, ethrottles, performance air filters, piggybacks, exhaust upgrades, reduce weight (light rims, remove spare tyre)

Hi anyone installed approved exhaust?? Any significant gain? And is it loud?

Hi Eug,

Remus exhaust fitted on 1.2L for one whatsapp bro ... try RaceTech workshop c/o Ricky at Ubi.

Such aftermkt exhaust only give top end power which is usually after other engine mods and not too significant since only at high rpm ... certainly not significant gain in my opinion and $ betta spent on ethrottle etc.

It is not loud and sounds nice.

Cheers,

just to name a few..

vortex generators/surbos, ethrottles, performance air filters, piggybacks, exhaust upgrades, reduce weight (light rims, remove spare tyre)

Babyjyo,

Our QQ 1.2 doesn’t comes with spare tyre. Anyway, appreciate your suggestions. What about the alternate tyre size if I want to retain my 17 inch rims? Our current 215/60/17 only limited range. Can I change to 215/55/17 or 225/55/17?

Babyjyo,

Our QQ 1.2 doesnât comes with spare tyre. Anyway, appreciate your suggestions. What about the alternate tyre size if I want to retain my 17 inch rims? Our current 215/60/17 only limited range. Can I change to 215/55/17 or 225/55/17?

235/55/17 could be the closest alternate

Hi, how much less fuel efficient will a 1.2 QQ be if i were to switch to 18" rims? Or will the difference be negligible?

Thanks.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback.  I totally agreed with all your points.

One question, if switch to 18' does it impact to the TPMS due to tyres size.  I remember I had installed the Orange TPMS in the past and you will require to replace all the tyres' valve stamp with their sensor device on each wheel.

Thanks

Hi, how much less fuel efficient will a 1.2 QQ be if i were to switch to 18" rims? Or will the difference be negligible?

Thanks.

Hi Qashy,

From bros who had changed to 18", it is NOT neligible but it is also NOT significant ... comments are indeed arbitrary since FC discussion is also arbitary since dependent on driving style and city/hwy ratio.

Perhaps to add is that no bros changed back to 17" after changing to 18"

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Babyjyo,

Our QQ 1.2 doesn’t comes with spare tyre. Anyway, appreciate your suggestions. What about the alternate tyre size if I want to retain my 17 inch rims? Our current 215/60/17 only limited range. Can I change to 215/55/17 or 225/55/17?

Hi R1480yjs,

Please check out tyre calculator here for alternatives of 17" or other sizes:

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

Btw, the general guideline ia that we try to stay within 2% difference in diameter.

Cheers

post-149594-0-80775700-1517327938_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Richard, Thanks for the info. You are really a car guru.

Hi R1380yjs,

Most welcomed and thanks for kind words but I only know on macro level and what I learnt from bros sharing in this forum as well as from whatsapp qashqai group.

But yes, I am a bit more free being 55 yrs old with grown up kids and hence repeating them when bros have queries.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement