Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

The battery was only replaced June last year. There is multiplie clicks and the electronic parking brake light is flashing.

When the battery is spoilt, the electronics in the car will go haywire, with warning lights appearing everywhere, even though there is no problem with the other systems.

Need to change the battery and also get the workshop to restart the electronics.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

When the battery is spoilt, the electronics in the car will go haywire, with warning lights appearing everywhere, even though there is no problem with the other systems.

Need to change the battery and also get the workshop to restart the electronics.

Alright. Thanks guys.

• Praise 1

Alright. Thanks guys.

Hi Han,

It is a known problem ... I changed mine at 10th month, 14th month and few weeks ago after 2 yrs 5 months.

It has nothing to do with stopstart but the charging circuitry and affects 2.0l also ...one bro with 2.0l had his changed 4 times at 7.5 mths interval.

Tanchong changed battery from stock efb battery type meant for stopstart vehicle to expensive agm battery with superior charging/discharging performance meant for hybrid vehicle for 1.2l to alleviate this issue after countless cases. 2.0l bros did not get this agm battery since under the impression without shop start and hence also affected.

Please ensure tanchong gives you agm type .... and yes, go back to tanchong if less than 12 mths and 24mth respectively as earlier advised by various bros.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Wai,

Get a used pair which are from ebay uk .... take your time to choose excellent used ones.

Less than sgd500 including shipping, gst and installation.

Not sure and doubt any adhesive with these broken plastic parts of the headlights will work especially longer term.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard, shall see how it goes. Had went to several shops at Kaki Bukit and Sin Ming area and mostly told me as my headlamp is 2.0 ones so cost a lot. But will see how it goes.

Just an update, managed to get some quotes on repairing. Likelihood will do repair on the catch instead. Apparently they will bond the plastic part with metal so that it would be secure.

• Praise 3

Thanks Richard, shall see how it goes. Had went to several shops at Kaki Bukit and Sin Ming area and mostly told me as my headlamp is 2.0 ones so cost a lot. But will see how it goes.

Just an update, managed to get some quotes on repairing. Likelihood will do repair on the catch instead. Apparently they will bond the plastic part with metal so that it would be secure.

Hi Wai,

Good to know !

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Dear friends,

I reversed into a pillar and cracked one of my rear lights. No other damages. TC quoted me $380 for the tail light unit (one side) but I reckon it is a little on the high side.

Appreciate if you could PM me if you know of any reasonable workshops in SIn Ming area for replacement.

Have a nice day ahead.

Hi warlock,

Cracked my rear light and it cost me $200+ to replace whole unit.

I visited this shop at Kaki bukit Autobay First floor facing the exit. Shop is called something and battery, forgot the name

Edited by pelican_
  • Praise 2

Planning to change front wipers. What length or spec to get? What brand or model do you recommend? Is it easy to change by ourselves?

it is easy to change.

Wiper Size:

Driver:26"

Passenger:16"

Rear:12"

If you want the best, PIAA.

• Praise 1

Planning to change front wipers. What length or spec to get? What brand or model do you recommend? Is it easy to change by ourselves?

If you are on NPMP or planning to sign up, front wipers are included FYI.
  • Praise 1

it is easy to change.

Wiper Size:

Driver:26"

Passenger:16"

Rear:12"

If you want the best, PIAA.

Do I get the whole wiper frame or just the rubber strip? Sorry I have not removed it before so not sure how it is constructed.

Hi warlock,

Cracked my rear light and it cost me $200+ to replace whole unit.

I visited this shop at Kaki bukit Autobay First floor facing the exit. Shop is called something and battery, forgot the name

Thanks, I just got it replaced. $288 inclusive of GST at Sin Ming BH Auto.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi folks

I am considering getting a June 2015 QQ.

I have heard some nagging issues about this car that I don’t hear from Altis or Civic.

May I know what should I be taking note of before buying this car? What are the nagging issues that you guys faced?

Do I get the whole wiper frame or just the rubber strip? Sorry I have not removed it before so not sure how it is constructed.

getting the frame with blades would be better.
  • Praise 1

Sent my car to Bukit Timah for servicing today and noticed few deep "chips" on one of the rims when pumping air at petrol station.

Going back tomorrow morning to seek explanation.

Bros, pls check before driving off..

• Praise 2

getting the frame with blades would be better.

Thanks for all the advice for the windscreen wiper replacement. Just got a new pair from Autobacs today. Bosch Aerotwin, 650mm and 425mm for the front pair. Changed the whole frame as there was no suitable replacement for just the rubber strip.

Anyway now got offer, $34.95 for a pair of the Bosch wipers. Very easy to change by myself also.

• Praise 2

Sent my car to Bukit Timah for servicing today and noticed few deep "chips" on one of the rims when pumping air at petrol station.

Going back tomorrow morning to seek explanation.

Bros, pls check before driving off..

When there is a tyre rotation scheduled, also needs to do some markings of sort to ensure that they do it.

For your case, they shall deny and put the blame on you for not checking. This is Singapore ... we pay big money for lousy services:)

• Praise 2