Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

If it does not work, do go back to the service centre.

Hi, new QQ owner here. Its my 2nd week driving it. I will switch off Start/Stop function most of the time but for the past 2 days i forgot to switch it off and realised that the Start/Stop function doesn't work (previously it did work on times when i forgot to off it) . Anyone encounter this beforw?

↡ Advertisement

Hi, new QQ owner here. Its my 2nd week driving it. I will switch off Start/Stop function most of the time but for the past 2 days i forgot to switch it off and realised that the Start/Stop function doesn't work (previously it did work on times when i forgot to off it) . Anyone encounter this beforw?

Hi 2503,

You should glad that it is not working FOC since we pay to get module to disable it ... lol !

More seriously, it should mean that you had not driven enough to charge up battery enuff or like nice cold aircon temperature which means Stop/start sense that it should not be activated in view of the load but it is black magic when it will activated.

Heard that if you turn a bit of your steering when coming to a stop, it will also not be activated but I cannot verify since I have the disable stop/start module to keep my car cold and comfy in these days of hot weather in between the rains and have my starter, battery, engine mounts etc. taken care of instead of subjecting them to repeated start.

Cheers,

Richard

Supersonic

You need to drive the car around a bit, charge that battery so it can turn the function on.

If you only do short distance driving, it won't charge enough.

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Would like to check with the Qashqai owner that already installed the Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar and Strut Bar. Any significant improvement can be noticed in term of handling.

I personally feel that the car is actually quite stable at high speed 130-140km/hr. 

Just that when I'm in multiple story car park especially just coming out from the parking lot and turning into some hump, the car can be quite big shaking. 

• Praise 1

Would like to check with the Qashqai owner that already installed the Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar and Strut Bar. Any significant improvement can be noticed in term of handling.

I personally feel that the car is actually quite stable at high speed 130-140km/hr.

Just that when I'm in multiple story car park especially just coming out from the parking lot and turning into some hump, the car can be quite big shaking.

yes, there will be more confidence when turning, especially sharp turns. there would also be less leaning when turning, giving more ride comfort.

bumpiness and shakiness can be improved by replacing the shock absorbers such as bilstein b6.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Hi Sohnice,

This ebrake light flicking issue is not an isolated case. Accordingly it should be solved by replacing the ebrake ecu module which TC is not so keen to replace. Since yours have been reset a couple of times without success, you may want to insist that they replace the faulty part.

Best regards :yeah-im-not-drunk:    

Yes, agreed with robtot.

I had this ebrake lighting up very often previously & despite sending in numerous times, the workshop diagnosis was always 'nothing wrong'. Even the SA deny there were many complaint on this issue when told that it was in the UK forum even since the previous model.

Finally wrote in to the HQ & was diverted to Ubi & the Workshop Mgr first remark was 'That's the brake module problem, why they didn't change it ?'.

Thereafter the change, it has never happen again for the past 1 year.

Edited by Olderman
  • Praise 2

Yes, agreed with robtot.

I had this ebrake lighting up very often previously & despite sending in numerous times, the workshop diagnosis was always 'nothing wrong'. Even the SA deny there were many complaint on this issue when told that it was in the UK forum even since the previous model.

Finally wrote in to the HQ & was diverted to Ubi & the Workshop Mgr first remark was 'That's the brake module problem, why they didn't change it ?'.

Thereafter the change, it has never happen again for the past 1 year.

Hi Olderman,

Good to know your problem has been solved. Others with the same issue may be more confident to ask TC for replacement.

Enjoy yr QQ

Have a nice day.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

I installed the strut bars a couple of months ago, can check it out at the link below.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/page-411?do=findComment&comment=6351042

• Praise 2

1st Gear

yes, there will be more confidence when turning, especially sharp turns. there would also be less leaning when turning, giving more ride comfort.

bumpiness and shakiness can be improved by replacing the shock absorbers such as bilstein b6.

Thanks for the advise!

I installed the strut bars a couple of months ago, can check it out at the link below.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/page-411?do=findComment&comment=6351042

Good info, I was told complete set of 6pcs. So your is stage 2?

They have quoted 2pcs $400 for strut and anti roll bar, is it expensive?

• Praise 1

Thanks for the advise!

Good info, I was told complete set of 6pcs. So your is stage 2?

They have quoted 2pcs $400 for strut and anti roll bar, is it expensive?

I paid 600 for the set of 4 that I installed.
  • Praise 2

hi, my stock front brake pads have lots of brake dust...has anyone tried other brands of brake pads that produces less dust n not compromise on the braking, if best enhancing the braking will be more ideal...thanks

• Praise 1

hi, my stock front brake pads have lots of brake dust...has anyone tried other brands of brake pads that produces less dust n not compromise on the braking, if best enhancing the braking will be more ideal...thanks

for little dust, you can try asuki or nibk. however, the braking will still be better using stock. i guess its dust vs braking performance.
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Hi JT88,

Only if you set to Sport Steering under car settings in my subjective feel.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi JT88,

Qashqai has one of the best ride stability and ride comfort in its class and beyond par none ... come try my Forester despite front topstrut/bottomARB and rear topstrut/bottoARB... haha !

Adding ARB means stiffer under carriage and bigger "shaking" ... strut and arb are meant for road holding around corners and do not believe will solve your subjective "big" shaking.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Its 24mths warranty :)

Got mine replaced for free 1 week before warranty expire

Think my car papago 360 just died on me. Does anyone know warranty is by tcm? How many years warranty?

• Praise 1

(edited)

How you know ?

For me to know for you to find out lor... haha just joking... how's life by the way? Edited by Pizzaboy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2