The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Nostalgia

The fact is how would GPS in any way diminish the joy of driving? To me it is just a sheer excuse for bringing in low specs model and attempting to smoke consumers.

Yea se talk nonsense. If low spec, then price should be more reasonable but no
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Alfa SE also told me italians are into driving, that's why there's no GPS for their head units. ð¤£

Haha what a bunch of crap! Might as well say Italians also like to drive without Aircon. So Alfa dun have Aircon and let’s see how many cars can they sell.

Cost cutting means cost cutting la. What a blatant lie!

This sort of rubbish salesman can’t even bluff my primary school daughter!

Edited by Mkl22

The distributor here is just holding onto the rights but not bothering to sell the car... seems like Alfa Romeo also sleeping... until their global strategy changes, we'll not see much activity from the distributor here lar... a good example is Volkswagen... once the parent company took over, the marketing and pricing are so different and competitive...

Supersonic

sell fewer more exclusive lor.

C class and 3 series whole street also have. :XD:

But Maseratis are more common than Alfa Romeos.

Alfa SE also told me italians are into driving, that's why there's no GPS for their head units. ð¤£

Seriously nonsense.

They think all consumers are naive.

The distributor here is just holding onto the rights but not bothering to sell the car... seems like Alfa Romeo also sleeping... until their global strategy changes, we'll not see much activity from the distributor here lar... a good example is Volkswagen... once the parent company took over, the marketing and pricing are so different and competitive...

The distributor and SE are happily hitting flies. They cant be bothered to sell their cars and consumers also cant be bothered to close deal with them...win win situation

Supersonic

The distributor and SE are happily hitting flies. They cant be bothered to sell their cars and consumers also cant be bothered to close deal with them...win win situation

Boss is busy selling lambo and pagani lol. He sold more lambo than Alfa, so...

I believe last time Eurokars too. Sold more Porsches and RRs than Opel.

(edited)
  th_593355758_AlfaRomeoGiuliaRoadshow_122

Was at Parkway Parade yesterday, saw the Giulia in metal.

Must say, the Veloce really looks very good. Fit & finish top notch. I found the boot "mouth" a tad narrow. But rather deep. Boot opening not powered.

Love the tactile feel of the pedal shifters, ala Ferrari style. And so is the Start/Stop switch. Everything feels good to the touch. Certainly on par with BMW and Audi, however, as I have not tests driven the car, I cannot vouch of the build quality & NVH on the go.

The gear shifter feels a tad "flimsy" and smallish even when not operational.

Like the driver's seat which auto egresses backwards when opening the door. The Sports seats in the Veloce is certainly commendable & at least two notches up compared to the "standard" seats in the Super.

Interior finishes available in 3 colors; Red, Black and Brown.

The 4 pot Brembos certainly match the rims perfectly. The Veloce on display was black, which isn't my first choice of color. I didn't quite like the rims on the Super.

Veloce's tyres are staggered, ala BMW. The classic Alfa rims on the Giulia are perfect. Can't really comment on the Super's alloy rims.

Giulia's central info display isn't touch screen, operates like the BMW iDrive.

Minus points:

• No sunroof ($8,000 option)
  • No Harman Kardon sound system ($12,000 option) - Or was it the other way round (Can't recall the exact figures)
  • Only $10K discount (from the published prices), thought it was better than that
  • Come 1st July, will see up to $20K increase in ALL prices
  • Can't recall if the sales guy said there was HUD or no-HUD
Edited by Razzd
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

th_593355758_AlfaRomeoGiuliaRoadshow_122

Was at Parkway Parade yesterday, saw the Giulia in metal.

Must say, the Veloce really looks very good. Fit & finish top notch. I found the boot "mouth" a tad narrow. But rather deep. Boot opening not powered.

Love the tactile feel of the pedal shifters, ala Ferrari style. And so is the Start/Stop switch. Everything feels good to the touch. Certainly on par with BMW and Audi, however, as I have not tests driven the car, I cannot vouch of the build quality & NVH on the go.

The gear shifter feels a tad "flimsy" and smallish even when not operational.

Like the driver's seat which auto egresses backwards when opening the door. The Sports seats in the Veloce is certainly commendable & at least two notches up compared to the "standard" seats in the Super.

Interior finishes available in 3 colors; Red, Black and Brown.

The 4 pot Brembos certainly match the rims perfectly. The Veloce on display was black, which isn't my first choice of color. I didn't quite like the rims on the Super.

Veloce's tyres are staggered, ala BMW. The classic Alfa rims on the Giulia are perfect. Can't really comment on the Super's alloy rims.

Giulia's central info display isn't touch screen, operates like the BMW iDrive.

Minus points:

• No sunroof ($8,000 option)
  • No Harman Kardon sound system ($12,000 option) - Or was it the other way round (Can't recall the exact figures)
  • Only $10K discount (from the published prices), thought it was better than that
  • Come 1st July, will see up to $20K increase in ALL prices
  • Can't recall if the sales guy said there was HUD or no-HUD
At current prices already cannot sell. Up another 20k, and it coe doesn’t drop by a similar about.

It will be Giulia museum along Leng kee.

At current prices already cannot sell. Up another 20k, and it coe doesnât drop by a similar about.

It will be Giulia museum along Leng kee.

And suntec too

Actually I realised the AD is not getting high profit margin. Means it’s priced reasonably

Price wise it loses out to its competitors like Audi A4. Volvo s60, Infiniti Q50, and Jaguar XE, with the Audi being the most recognizable brand.

BMW 318I and C-class prices are within Alfa Romeo Giulia range.

If their strategy is to make Alfa a premium and exclusive brand in SG, they should just bring in only the Giulia Quadrifoglio, 4C, and Stelvio Quadrifoglio and market it to the likes of Audi Sport / M / AMG

↡ Advertisement