The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Nostalgia

Price wise it loses out to its competitors like Audi A4. Volvo s60, Infiniti Q50, and Jaguar XE, with the Audi being the most recognizable brand.

BMW 318I and C-class prices are within Alfa Romeo Giulia range.

If their strategy is to make Alfa a premium and exclusive brand in SG, they should just bring in only the Giulia Quadrifoglio, 4C, and Stelvio Quadrifoglio and market it to the likes of Audi Sport / M / AMG

I recall in the past, they marketed Guiletta GV as cheaper but faster car than Golf GTi. Though it is true, somehow it didnt move many units of the GV.
↡ Advertisement

I recall in the past, they marketed Guiletta GV as cheaper but faster car than Golf GTi. Though it is true, somehow it didnt move many units of the GV.

Too many fingers burnt by past models with abysmal reliability records... plus current dealer isn't very encouraging judging from the comments here?

Price wise it loses out to its competitors like Audi A4. Volvo s60, Infiniti Q50, and Jaguar XE, with the Audi being the most recognizable brand.

BMW 318I and C-class prices are within Alfa Romeo Giulia range.

If their strategy is to make Alfa a premium and exclusive brand in SG, they should just bring in only the Giulia Quadrifoglio, 4C, and Stelvio Quadrifoglio and market it to the likes of Audi Sport / M / AMG

Based on sgcarmart article, their profit is 7%, one of the low profit dealers tats y it was featured in the article. There were others like Suzuki earning only 2%.

EA pricing is thus ok n it only suggest they had little pricing power due to the high omv.

Maybe once word gets around Giulia is a normal auto, it will swing the german buyers over

Quite hard to compete cos ultimately gti is a wet clutch setup, known to be more durable n easier to handle

iDrive is now touchscreen and prob one of the best infotainment systems ui around.

Because GTi. No need fight.

iDrive is now touchscreen and prob one of the best infotainment systems ui around.

Because GTi. No need fight.

BMW iDrive FTW !!!

after using and experiencing many types of display and infotaintment ... iDrive is the best [thumbsup]

Based on sgcarmart article, their profit is 7%, one of the low profit dealers tats y it was featured in the article. There were others like Suzuki earning only 2%.

EA pricing is thus ok n it only suggest they had little pricing power due to the high omv.

Maybe once word gets around Giulia is a normal auto, it will swing the german buyers over

Quite hard to compete cos ultimately gti is a wet clutch setup, known to be more durable n easier to handle

The sgcarmart article is inaccurate bro. That OMV is meant for the Veloce going at 229.

The Super's OMV is about 39-40k. At 189k, the dealer is still making a decent margin although not "outrageous" like the Volvo And other competitors.

Alfa car specs always look good on paper, but as for reliability, it is an issue. My relative drove a Alfa156 years ago, told me always have to send the car back to agent and the servicing and repair was very expensive. 156 was a problem car and I was told 159 has improved a lot, not sure how true.

Problem free if you compare with Alfa 156, but problematic if you compare with Japanese cars

The sgcarmart article is inaccurate bro. That OMV is meant for the Veloce going at 229.

The Super's OMV is about 39-40k. At 189k, the dealer is still making a decent margin although not "outrageous" like the Volvo And other competitors.

Agree bro, my Lexus OMV$41k plus plus but paid $191k for the car this EA is not having a thin margin base on some argument of 7% margin on OMV 39 to 40k selling at 189k

Agree bro, my Lexus OMV$41k plus plus but paid $191k for the car this EA is not having a thin margin base on some argument of 7% margin on OMV 39 to 40k selling at 189k

so bro.. r u gonna consider buying the Giulia?  [:p]

(edited)

so bro.. r u gonna consider buying the Giulia?  [:p]

ha ha no! saw the roadshow at parkway parade, think the roadshow end this sunday 3 june 2018. the Giulia didnt get my heart beating..... on contra their "model" dress all in black giving out brochure , not the sales stuff in red polo T is actually quite cute LOL I took a 2nd look at her but not the giulia ha ha

Edited by D3badge

Am in UK for work. Didn’t see a single Giulia. Did see 2 Mito...

Yup, I was there for two weeks - London, Bath, Swansea & Cotswold... not a single Giulia... a few older Mitos yes... and the much older 156 & 159... very very few... also seen the older Alfas in France but not the Giulia...

But I saw 2 Giulias in Switzerland... a white one and a black one... no reds interestingly... and interestingly, there are more Alfas in Switzerland than in France & UK... and that's considering that I drove across UK, and France (Paris to Blois to Lyon to Geneva)...

Am in UK for work. Didn’t see a single Giulia. Did see 2 Mito...

i saw some in Tokyo lately too. one giulietta, 147, 8C. 

Problem free if you compare with Alfa 156, but problematic if you compare with Japanese cars

the parts of the 159 are actually more costly than 156, at least the gearbox parts. U got 3 selespeed parts in the 159, each cost nearly 3k. the 156 only has 1. 

there are a couple of 156 renew coe. the twinspark was the last port injection so it has less carbon build up. i doubt i will 159 renew coe. 

i saw some in Tokyo lately too. one giulietta, 147, 8C.

Woah 8c! That’s a rare beast. Does EA still display an 8c in its showroom?

Yup, I was there for two weeks - London, Bath, Swansea & Cotswold... not a single Giulia... a few older Mitos yes... and the much older 156 & 159... very very few... also seen the older Alfas in France but not the Giulia...

But I saw 2 Giulias in Switzerland... a white one and a black one... no reds interestingly... and interestingly, there are more Alfas in Switzerland than in France & UK... and that's considering that I drove across UK, and France (Paris to Blois to Lyon to Geneva)...

According to sales data from carsalesbase.com, European sales of the Giulia are pretty decent, comfortably beating the Jag XE. It's "best-of-the-rest" behind the 3 Teutonic giants, especially when the Volvo S60 is now EOL.

More telling is in the US, where Alfa has been inactive for 2 decades, Giulia sales are double that of the XE, although Stinger sales are even better..hehe!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1