All Road Accidents Involving Cyclists

Sabian

Ask your CO lah... not me... [:p]

Anyway it was written cos I mistakenly put "ALIFE" and was shamed by @RadX into correcting it to "ALIVE" ..LOL

I just love MCF's in house spell-check function.

:XD:

ya ... he powderful England one ...

me Singish-educated ... so long as meaning argah argah is there I can understand already ...  [:p]

↡ Advertisement

technically that is vocabulary liao [:p]

heng arh... one of the reason why I am not a teacher.

wit till @darryn correct your  grammer

you will be prostituted.......prosecuted

ya ... he powderful England one ...

me Singish-educated ... so long as meaning argah argah is there I can understand already ...  [:p]

stick to your bluray films and lingo....all the oooooooooooh and ahhhhhhhhhh

technically that is vocabulary liao [:p]

heng arh... one of the reason why I am not a teacher.

you be lecherer good.... [grin]  :a-happy:

I think its time for me to explain how my nick came about.

Long ago I bought a manual ES5 ... SHC got group buy to install lower tie bar ...

I chose a blue one (the other one was orange) ... so there ...  [flowerface]

• Praise 1

(edited)

eh.... I am over qualified for that...but no market value currently......

kiv till I retire, get my CPF and hang out at Pearl Centre People's Park open-air area.... Don't say don't have.....I reserve a good spot for you okay? :D

Edited by Vratenza

I have been driving for less than 10 years.

Till now, the number of times I seen cyclists dismount and push across any type of pedestrian crossing is less than 10.

So your guess is as good as mine.

Blind area is for real. Do not play play.

So did they push or cycle across?

eh.... I am over qualified for that...but no market value currently......

kiv till I retire, get my CPF and hang out at Pearl Centre open-air area.... Don't say don't have.....I reserve a good spot for you okay? :D

thought Pearl Centre going to demolish already ?

• Praise 1

Possible scenario:

Driver saw the first cyclist, gave way.

Thought all clear, proceeded to move off.

Next cyclist came along thinking the truck would continue to stop as per first cyclist, proceeds to cycle across. Did not ensure that the truck stopped before crossing.

Driver continued moving off and did not see the second cyclist in his blindspot.

Tragedy occurs.

That thought crossed my mind too. But what about the other 2 cyclists whom the deceased was cycling in between? Did they not see the truck? Very sketchy details in the article. 

Hopefully, the investigation sheds more light on the tragedy.

What I learnt about crossing roads:

1. Always ensure vehicle comes to a complete stop. Or if you can judge speed, make sure vehicle is slowing down instead of maintaining speed or speeding up

2. Always have eye contact with the driver. This is to make sure the driver sees you and is aware of your presence

I wonder how many people practice the above in real life, especially those who cross like it's their grandfather's crossing.

hohhohohoho...u are right....I meant People's Park....keep mixing up the names...

The one that has OG and many retirees appreciating beauties unabashedly

:D

thought Pearl Centre going to demolish already ?

hohhohohoho...u are right....I meant People's Park....keep mixing up the names...

The one that has OG and many retirees appreciating beauties unabashedly

its ok ... freudian slip ...

I understand.  [lipsrsealed]

Pearl Centre is known for R-rated cheesy shows with sticky dirty seats right?

[:p]

its ok ... freudian slip ...

I understand.  [lipsrsealed]

Pearl Centre is known for R-rated cheesy shows with sticky dirty seats right?

[:p]

No lah, Nam Ho Travel is there and there is a large chinese medical hall on the second floor ... 

黎三元was there long ago too ...

Possible scenario:

Driver saw the first cyclist, gave way.

Thought all clear, proceeded to move off.

Next cyclist came along thinking the truck would continue to stop as per first cyclist, proceeds to cycle across. Did not ensure that the truck stopped before crossing.

Driver continued moving off and did not see the second cyclist in his blindspot.

Tragedy occurs.

What I learnt about crossing roads:

1. Always ensure vehicle comes to a complete stop. Or if you can judge speed, make sure vehicle is slowing down instead of maintaining speed or speeding up

2. Always have eye contact with the driver. This is to make sure the driver sees you and is aware of your presence

I wonder how many people practice the above in real life, especially those who cross like it's their grandfather's crossing.

many time these accident is cause by assumption, like in the army, assumption is the mther of all f-- up.

they thought the vehicle got see them, they assume the vehicle will stop for them ,

so they just go . eye on the phone, mouth chatting, looking at birds , everything, expect  looking at the road, and vehicle.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hahaha for those crossing and looking at phone, i will treat them to a concert from Stebel concerto to wake them up.

Because if they don't hear the concert next time, there is a chance they might already be dead.

many time these accident is cause by assumption, like in the army, assumption is the mther of all f-- up.

they thought the vehicle got see them, they assume the vehicle will stop for them ,

so they just go . eye on the phone, mouth chatting, looking at birds , everything, expect  looking at the road, and vehicle.

Edited by Beehive3783

[;)]  [;)]  [;)]

No lah, Nam Ho Travel is there and there is a large chinese medical hall on the second floor ... 

黎三元was there long ago too ...

post-24957-0-53754100-1463551153.jpeg

• Praise 1

Hahaha for those crossing and looking at phone, i will treat them to a concert from Stebel concerto to wake them up.

Because if they don't hear the concert next time, there is a chance they might already be dead.

I agree ... many people at traffic junctions are pre-occupied with their mobile device instead of watching and assessing traffic conditions.

Supersonic

I always dismount and push my bicycle across. But drivers just don't like cyclists. Occasionally will have people stare or honk at me when i dismount. Like as if, I dismounted so I can take longer to cross the road and hold them up.

Just encountered one this morning. I dismounted just before the zebra crossing, and the driver started staring at me, then just as I reached the end of the zebra crossing, he honked and accelerated really quickly before I stepped off the zebra crossing.

Might he have been upset that you were riding on the pavement? (my assumption).

you from China ah?

ALIVE lah....knn :XD:

Typo here nvm. As long as he dun prescribe wrong meds.

Twincharged

Might he have been upset that you were riding on the pavement? (my assumption).

Wasn't from pavement. On PCN. I never ever ride on pavements.

↡ Advertisement