All Road Accidents Involving Cyclists

Sabian

Might he have been upset that you were riding on the pavement? (my assumption).

Typo here nvm. As long as he dun prescribe wrong meds.

ya lo...skali DIGOXIN, he prescribe DIOXIN.... :grin:

hor @vratenza

↡ Advertisement

EXACTLY! Only takes 1 incident for them NEVER to have that opportunity to ever learn and do it right.

Our nice govt even build special cyclist crossing along the pedestrian crossing. Who would dismount and push?

(edited)

In general, I think pedestrians/cyclists who have never driven a car in their life, especially older folks, will never appreciate the real danger of crossing the road.

My mum for example, she has hearing issue and we're still convincing her to get hearing aids. When told how dangerous it could be if she can't see/hear an incoming car, she say "don't worry the driver can see ppl crossing the road will stop one".

So don't expect all pedestrians to think like a driver and we'll just have to try our best to be more attentive for pedestrians and jaywalkers.

Edited by Jellandross

That's why I treat unsuspecting pedestrians to a concert on Stebels.

To educate them to think like a driver. [laugh]

In general, I think pedestrians/cyclists who have never driven a car in their life, especially older folks, will never appreciate the real danger of crossing the road.

My mum for example, she has hearing issue and we're still convincing her to get hearing aids. When told how dangerous it could be if she can't see/hear an incoming car, she say "don't worry the driver can see ppl crossing the road will stop one".

So don't expect all pedestrians to think like a driver and we'll just have to try our best to be more attentive for pedestrians and jaywalkers.

LOL, the pharmacist have to go burn a lot of plastics to fill the prescriptions

most patient don't care anyway, but they will flip table if the MC 7 days write look like 1 day. [grin]

ya lo...skali DIGOXIN, he prescribe DIOXIN.... :grin:

hor @vratenza

Twincharged

Our nice govt even build special cyclist crossing along the pedestrian crossing. Who would dismount and push?

Those crossings where they draw a cyclist crossing don't have cars turning while pedestrians are crossing. If you noticed, those crossings where there are cars turning right/left while the green man is on will not have a crossing for cyclist.

Supersonic

A few weeks back near my place, minor road.   On my way home, at the other direction, Ah Pek lying down in middle of the road.  2 Car length in front, presumably the car that hit the Ah pek...

Along this road, this is the SOP i observed of the more senior, they stand at the divider, see me coming, then look straight & boh hew me & cross slowly.  Its really to the point where cars (residents at least) dont bother to honk or beam anymore.    

• Praise 5

I remember the words "STOP, LOOK, WALK" used to be painted on the pavement of some crossings.

If every pedestrian / cyclist follows this advice we'll have less of such accidents on the road.

• Praise 1

A few weeks back near my place, minor road. On my way home, at the other direction, Ah Pek lying down in middle of the road. 2 Car length in front, presumably the car that hit the Ah pek...

Along this road, this is the SOP i observed of the more senior, they stand at the divider, see me coming, then look straight & boh hew me & cross slowly. Its really to the point where cars (residents at least) dont bother to honk or beam anymore.

some have the old mindset of 'I'm old and all must give way' they forget it just takes one fark care or careless driver to knock him down [sweatdrop]

old people are like that one!

Turbocharged

Old estate is liddat one. Ah Pek Ah Soh have been crossing the roads there since the days of bullock carts ok! My place also same same, just need to go slow and keep an eye out for them. Also slow down from afar so as not to give them heart attacks.

But seriously let's not forget the old people might have compromised judgement due to poor vision as well as reduced mobility and slower reflexes. We need to take the lead in keeping them safe.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

some have the old mindset of 'I'm old and all must give way' they forget it just takes one fark care or careless driver to knock him down [sweatdrop]

old people are like that one!

Some is just don't care about their life already. I rmb that whenever we ask my grandmother to use the pedestrian crossing, she will reply, "so old already, die then die la. Live so long also don't know what to do."....

Was searching for a suitable thread to post this but found threads about cyclist accidents on specific roads or in the complaints section about cyclist. So here goes...timing is quite tragic.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/woman-killed-cement-mixer-while-cycling-yishun?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1463443842

Three women were cycling across a pedestrian crossing in Yishun when tragedy struck.

A cement mixer turned into their path and collided with the woman in the middle.

It then ran over the same woman, Madam Lin Shui Yu, 59, killing her on the spot.

Madam Lin was on her way home with her two friends when the accident happened at the T-junction of Yishun Avenue 9 and Yishun Central, her family members told the media.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force was alerted to the accident at 11.25am, and pronounced her dead at the scene.

DISTRAUGHT

Madam Lin's family members who were at the scene were distraught. They said she was taking care of her grandchildren and had celebrated her birthday last weekend with her grandson.

A female relative knelt at the spot where Madam Lin was hit and wailed: "Why did you have to go?"

She had to be supported and moved away by other family members when the pedestrian light turned red and vehicles started turning into the junction.

Madam Lin's daughter, who declined to be named, said she wanted justice to be served.

"I just want to know why the driver did not stop. He should have been able to see my mother," she said.

The driver of the cement mixer, a 50-year-old male, was arrested by the police.

A reader who wanted to be known only as Ms Ho, 34, called The New Paper hotline when she saw the blue tent along the road.

Police are investigating.

Many of these concrete truck driver were driving in their dreamland. They do not know how to give way. Very often when i enter into the expressway and i had to make sure they look out for me instead. If i felt that they did not slow down i had to give way and let them pass to avoid a collision. The authorities need to make sure that they went for safety training at driving schools periodically. Its very dangerous for such driver to be on the road especially in singapore where we had congested road. 

These cyclists really sometimes take things for granted. End up pay with life. Arent they suppose to dismount n push the bicycle at all crossing? I think so far I only saw 1 or 2 person doing that. Sometimes they r just courting death..

• Praise 2

I find that pedestrians, cyclist, pmd users who are regular drivers themselves are more aware of the dangers on the road than non-drivers. The behaviour is very different.

Eg. Whenever I cross the zebra crossing, I will make sure i stop at the curb side, and the car indeed stopped to give way before stepping onto the zebra crossing.

I have seen some idiots zooming pass the zebra crossing despite an ah mah already starting to cross the striped road.

Crossing a junction at a pedestrian crossing with green man in my favour, i will always look out for cars in my left rear blind spot by turning my head to check periodically. I have seen idiot drivers who make a right turn cutting dangerously close to the crossing pedestrians.

• Praise 3

How?

Singapore LTA very good in implementing all this one la and sure got way one like only minimum age restriction like under 15 only allow cycle in the park , must compulsory install head light and turn on whole day like motorcycle and register all bikes with insurance.

How?

Singapore LTA very good in implementing all this one la and sure got way one like only minimum age restriction like under 15 only allow cycle in the park , must compulsory install head light and turn on whole day like motorcycle and register all bikes with insurance.
  • Praise 1

Are you sure they good in implementation??

↡ Advertisement