Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

Turbocharged

my mini orchid sprouted around 15 flowers on 3 new stalks last week.  :wub:  each sprout usually lasts 2 months.

post-19538-0-97538400-1538541912_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

my mini orchid sprouted around 15 flowers on 3 new stalks last week. :wub: each sprout usually lasts 2 months.

Beautiful

Edited by DACH

Turbocharged

Mine grew fast and started to branched......sakali dont know what think started to make web underneath the leaves. All died soon after......haiz.

spider mites. under the leaves have fine mist like webs?

they proliferate in dry windy conditions. suck the leaves dry. they are really tmd.

need to cut off the affected leaves/branches to prevent spread.

solution but not perfect:

1. buy neem oil solution from nursery - expensive
  2. DIY neem oil solution - add neem oil to water in a spray bottle and spray
  3. DiY - a few drops of handsoap, and some vege oil in a bottle of water and spray (effective)
  4. DIY - a few drops of handsoap and some vinegar in water and spray (effective but vinegar smell can be overpowering for first 5 min)

i did #1 before. Expensive.

Did #3 - it works but the oil sticks to walls etc, leaving a stain.

currently doing #4 - It works also.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 1

spider mites. under the leaves have fine mist like webs?

they proliferate in dry windy conditions. suck the leaves dry. they are really tmd.

need to cut off the affected leaves/branches to prevent spread.

solution but not perfect:

• buy neem oil solution from nursery - expensive
  • DIY neem oil solution - add neem oil to water in a spray bottle and spray
  • DiY - a few drops of handsoap, and some vege oil in a bottle of water and spray (effective)
  • DIY - a few drops of handsoap and some vinegar in water and spray (effective but vinegar smell can be overpowering for first 5 min)
i did #1 before. Expensive.

Did #3 - it works but the oil sticks to walls etc, leaving a stain.

currently doing #4 - It works also.

Ya.....looks like a flat cotton ball underneath the leaves.....2 plants like maybe a foot high both died. Sianz.....

Anyone wants to guess what is this?

abru47.jpg

Jasmine?

Ya.....looks like a flat cotton ball underneath the leaves.....2 plants like maybe a foot high both died. Sianz.....

Could be mealy bugs...same treatment suggested earlier..soap water plus vinegar. Or just spray with stronger jet of water. Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 3

Jasmine?

Could be mealy bugs...same treatment suggested earlier..soap water plus vinegar. Or just spray with stronger jet of water.ðª

Shared space......neighbours passing by sure wont like the smell....later tio complain! Water now expensive........better dont waste!

Turbocharged

Shared space......neighbours passing by sure wont like the smell....later tio complain! Water now expensive........better dont waste!

the vinegar smell only lasts around 5 min. after that no more smell.

Maybe can try as i have about a foot and a half of free space in the potter..........thanks....

Shared space......neighbours passing by sure wont like the smell....later tio complain! Water now expensive........better dont waste!ððð

Collect rainwater like mustank...lol.

OT a bit...you a fan of Dio? Just came across his song Evilution.

Collect rainwater like mustank...lol.

OT a bit...you a fan of Dio? Just came across his song Evilution.ð

Okay lar......not Dio as a band but Dio when he was with Rainbow/ Black Sabbath......those yrs he was one of best rock singer. But no........My nick got nothing to do with him.
  • Praise 1

Passion fruit plant

Quite similar, but passion fruit grow on vine leh, This plant look more like a jasmine plant no vine de... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1