How to search for landed property to buy

bellboy

My family is looking to purchase a 2nd-hand landed property for investment purpose and I'm the guy appointed to do all the grunt work...  :TT_TT: 
ie, I need to do the search and shortlisting. 

Criteria is this : 

- Within 400m of MRT station (existing or constructing)

- Freehold or 999 years

- If 3-storey, below $1,100 psf (land)

- If 2-storey, below $900 psf (land)
- Budget of $X million. (enough for terrace or small Semi-D. Don't wanna state the value here cos scared get sarcastic remarks)

I been looking at propertyguru and its been tough as most listings don't state their exact location.

How should I go about my search? I was thinking to just send out my above criteria to 20 agents who do landed property sales and get them to search for me. 

Any important pre-viewing criteria I missed out? I have another long set of checkboxes for viewing.

Seeking opinions from gurus please.  :mellow:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I am not an agent, may I know which area you prefer ?

Region is not part of my criteria. 

But I have a preference. Currently staying at Ang Mo Kio, so nearby there would be good.  

Twincharged

8 million TOTO winner?

My family is looking to purchase a 2nd-hand landed property for investment purpose and I'm the guy appointed to do all the grunt work...  :TT_TT: 

Criteria is this : 

- Freehold or 999 years

- Budget of $X million. (enough for terrace or small Semi-D. Don't wanna state the value here cos scared get sarcastic remarks)

I been looking at propertyguru and its been tough as most listings don't state their exact location.

How should I go about my search? I was thinking to just send out my above criteria to 20 agents who do landed property sales and get them to search for me. 

Any important pre-viewing criteria I missed out? I have another long set of checkboxes for viewing.

Seeking opinions from gurus please.  :mellow:

• Praise 1

They don't state the exact location, but they state the road names, so why not go to the map to take a look? If not, just call the agent and fix an appt to view the place.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

How about suggesting the Mrt stations you have in mind, location is everything so best if you can list some so we have some idea of your tolerance. Ang mo kio also developed so prices prob more exp

• Praise 1

Drive around each estate in the day and in the evening.  Maybe day time quiet, night time got a lot of activities.....

Find one YOU like.  Then zoom in listings there lor.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Since you have already stated within 400m of MRT station.

You can then map out the properties yourself.

Then you could tabulate the properties in the locale by price/size/type.

Volvo just gave the most important piece of advice. Drive around, walk around the neighborhood. If you see FW beer parties or houses used as FW dorms...

Any makan places nearby? How far to expressway? How many expressway?

A payoff is that you might be able to spot MCF premium member houses, all the ponies and Buffaloes.

The weather, the other residents.

For example if I like the retro sixties look for my neighborhood, so it's quite easy to find. Tip, near that lotus showroom area.

My suggestion is to know the neighborhood before viewing the house. You know lah, property agent is the same family as cars salesman....your own due diligence.

Speak with the neighbors. Surreptitiously ask the police if they need to patrol that neighborhood frequently for say illegal parking.

Saying the price means to me that you might not be serious buyer.

or that you are limiting yourself prematurely.

Cheers

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 3

(edited)

buy T2 hdb .... no $10M no talk ... $8M TOTO winner also buay sai ... hehe

happy searching [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

buy T2 hdb .... no $10M no talk ... $8M TOTO winner also buay sai ... hehe

happy searching [thumbsup]

Mai suan hor.

My silly CCK HDB can only sell $300-400k

(edited)

My family is looking to purchase a 2nd-hand landed property for investment purpose and I'm the guy appointed to do all the grunt work... :TT_TT:

Criteria is this :

- Freehold or 999 years

Seeking opinions from gurus please. :mellow:

Sorry for being blunt. If you have to ask something so basic in a car forum then I am not sure if your family selected the right person to help them look for an investment property. Edited by Nav14
  • Praise 4

All land within 400m of a mrt station is usually zoned for plot ratio 3 and abv. The bare land alone will easily be worth 2k psf. Even the amber rd compensation case .. SLA offerred 1050 psf for compensation.

Use propertyguru app... U can view by MAP. That will show listing proximity to mrt stations.

But based on your criteria, other than psf... U can look at bishan, springleaf, or the upcoming eastern mrt line route.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Sorry for being blunt. If you have to ask something so basic in a car forum then I am not sure if your family selected the right person to help them look for an investment property.

Wah lau, i refrain from being so straightforward already.......

You no give him face ah?

Muayhahahaha

Anyway, he is the ah sia kia type base on his post.....heehehee

Edited by Throttle2

(edited)

Region is not part of my criteria. 

But I have a preference. Currently staying at Ang Mo Kio, so nearby there would be good.  

Mayflower Garden Estate. Cheap and big and in AMK and next Mayflower MRT. McDonalds, Giants, Wet Market, Hawker Cntr, kopi shop, AMK West Garden, playground, childcare, top school (StNic) all within 100m.  

Edited by Matrix0405
  • Praise 1

U go to search by landed, then choose budget, maybe can put size then search every mrt station within 500m u desire

Yes bro, can. But too many MRT stations in Singapore. Plus alot of houses in propertyguru anyhow whack their location. 

Many of them quite far away, but appears in my 500M search criteria. 

I was hoping there's easier way....

Sorry for being blunt. If you have to ask something so basic in a car forum then I am not sure if your family selected the right person to help them look for an investment property.

Everyone gotta start somewhere.

Very basic questions, yes. I was hoping for your answer?

Wah lau, i refrain from being so straightforward already.......

You no give him face ah?

Muayhahahaha

Anyway, he is the ah sia kia type base on his post.....heehehee

Bro, you the guru. Can help? 

Sorry paiseh. ...

Different people like different things

So its all about what you prefer.

You and your family will know best what you all prefer

Moreover i got no experience buying private.

Only stay CCK hdb.

↡ Advertisement