DBS moves local 1500 IT jobs to India

Supersonic

What did you mean ?

He is asking if you've been using one telco (like Singtel/M1/Starhub) religiously over the years - never comparing the prices between the 3 every time your contract comes up for renewal under the misguided assumption that they were the best priced when you had done the comparison 15 years ago so they should still be the best now.

↡ Advertisement

Bro.. Have to disagree.. Annual Wages just 30% of SPoreans here. N less benefits.

Uncle also moved 70% of biz out. Bo pein wages to exp... N gov initiative to train local.. Not working.. Local only know how to manage n do admin work..all in opex 50% of SG.. N that is good enough...

SG workers lack Skills n competencies like:

(1) coding

(2) basic & translational engineering

(3) broadmindness

(4) adaptability

(5) cultural emphaty

bro, their wages is 30% of Sporean for a reason, we are trained to do the job, ie attending uni to acquire the skills and get it certified by getting a degree by paying through our noses. their degree are available in the night markets.  and if our govt allows our top 3 banks to take lead of exporting jobs then we are pretty much screwed and overnight all sme will follow suit and spore will be nothing but a overly glorified empty shell maybe it already is.  

Bro.. Have to disagree.. Annual Wages just 30% of SPoreans here. N less benefits.

Uncle also moved 70% of biz out. Bo pein wages to exp... N gov initiative to train local.. Not working.. Local only know how to manage n do admin work..all in opex 50% of SG.. N that is good enough...

SG workers lack Skills n competencies like:

(1) coding

(2) basic & translational engineering

(3) broadmindness

(4) adaptability

(5) cultural emphaty

bro, their wages is 30% of Sporean for a reason, we are trained to do the job, ie attending uni to acquire the skills and get it certified by getting a degree by paying through our noses. their degree are available in the night markets.  and if our govt allows our top 3 banks to take lead of exporting jobs then we are pretty much screwed and overnight all sme will follow suit and spore will be nothing but a overly glorified empty shell maybe it already is.  

4th Gear

Hi Kusje, thanks for your input and don't mean to be rude (nope, no rude gesture)...  Are you the same person or are you the spokesperson ?

He is asking if you've been using one telco (like Singtel/M1/Starhub) religiously over the years - never comparing the prices between the 3 every time your contract comes up for renewal under the misguided assumption that they were the best priced when you had done the comparison 15 years ago so they should still be the best now.

Hi Kusje, thanks for your input and don't mean to be rude (nope, no rude gesture)...  Are you the same person or are you the spokesperson ?

Kusje was never my spokesperson   [sweatdrop]

i mean things have changed with the wide use of technology and information, no one is brainwashed to stick to one bank, one coy,  one telco or one girlfriend. If you are not informed mean you dun mind leaving your money in the bank for 20 years.

Supersonic

No worries. I'm not his spokesman nor am I him.

Just giving my observation of what he meant as his comments were quite clear to me and being a forum, I would have thought that anyone can give their input.

Kusje was never my spokesperson   [sweatdrop]

i mean things have changed with the wide use of technology and information, no one is brainwashed to stick to one bank, one coy,  one telco or one girlfriend. If you are not informed mean you dun mind leaving your money in the bank for 20 years.

Don't need to sweat la. I charge very little to be yours spokesman.

Turbocharged

bro, their wages is 30% of Sporean for a reason, we are trained to do the job, ie attending uni to acquire the skills and get it certified by getting a degree by paying through our noses. their degree are available in the night markets. and if our govt allows our top 3 banks to take lead of exporting jobs then we are pretty much screwed and overnight all sme will follow suit and spore will be nothing but a overly glorified empty shell maybe it already is.

thats one of the challenges faced in developing countries. India is not exempted for such practices. Think global companies have a way of establishing competencies and skills. I see the changes in the SG education landscape and the focus on application, translation and design in getting things or services to market. That's the reason I still 30 % of my business in SG.

The average age for this 30 % is 38.. The rest have to put out to other places esp back end functions.

Just to give an example. My risk management and internal audit team is based in Malaysia. Supply chain in SG.

Twincharged

To add and confess, I was a sucker for many years just leaving my money in DBS.  One day I woke up and realize why are all the other banks, both local and otherwise, are actively promoting and soliciting customers to save with them, but not and never by DBS.

See, sucker like me, who was brought up with pasting stamps on the little key-logo bank and brainwashed to be loyal with them.  That brainwashing was actually a good thing as there's huge educational message in there.  But then forward to today, look around, our long beloved POSB is long gone. 

The sooner people realise that and not to feed DBS with cheap and easy money, the better it is for themselves and their next generations.  If you need more obvious illustrations why I said that, let me know.

Oh yes, I've long taken out all my money from DBS (I refused to add POSB to it) and park it somewhere else.

u can easily see how many people have been brainwashed

POSB and DBS ATM queue easily 3 times longer than other ATMs

i always wondered why don't people just put their money in OCBC or UOB, and save all the needless queuing [smash]  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

And how many of these 1.5k jobs are being done by locals now anyway?

That was the first question I had when I saw the title.

Then I started to smile because it doesn't matter anyway since 99% is theirs to start with  :grin:

i always wondered why don't people just put their money in OCBC or UOB, and save all the needless queuing [smash]  

agreed, OCBC and UOB ATMs much more convenient to use.  [:)]

Supersonic

DBS got more atm locations la. 

That's the reason why I use DBS for withdrawing money.

Singaporeans like to Q.

I'm using shittybank, almost every MRT stations also have. No Q.

Also, POSB/DBS no alliance one. Can only use POSB/DBS ATM.

Other banks have ATM alliance, cross-sharing; no extra fees involved.

Still keeping POSB/DBS to do transactions - CC and bills payment where Q is not involved.

(edited)

quite OK lah except always screw up the statements and e-statements.

Initially, it was quite good.

I think the MY and CN banks are giving better service and interest rates now.

now you know why lor........

Edited by Kangadrool

Supersonic

quite OK lah except always screw up the statements and e-statements.

Initially, it was quite good.

I think the MY and CN banks are giving better service and interest rates now.

CN bank good meh?

When I changed my CC with BOC, have to physically go down to their branch again to register the card with the internet banking acct....

Twincharged

That was the first question I had when I saw the title.

Then I started to smile because it doesn't matter anyway since 99% is theirs to start with :grin:

U are so wrong... Monkey see.... Monkey do..

If fintech is a growing niche.. The next leap just cause a cement of state of affair..

And the rest of the industry will follow.

The big picture here is unless you are give a chance to be in the running. Unless there is a critical mass. You will be uncompetitive.

Take a look at history.

The outsource model started in the US. Little did they realise that it soon became thir jobs to loose.

Now that our cost are high. We need to crave a higher end of knowledge cycle.

We are not talking about losing jobs for our construction workers. We are not talking about losing manual labour jobs that no one's will take. We are looking at jobs with cutting edge that will fuel the finance industry.

As an example. With fintech. Many banking branch will closed because the business is now done on line. So there are huge cost savings from a business angle. And if this niches is not anchor here. The competitive advantage will be lost.

And to think the slogan think.local, go global is now think further go further

↡ Advertisement