Hyflux RPCS aka Securities

Freeder

You single also..........  :grin: ???? or hot like.......   'ol  @Altisowner ????

....... well have your wet wet wet........... watered dreams :a-fun:

wahahahaha  :XD: I am a hot and old tiko pek lah [bounce1]  [:p]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

......... only thing is you never recieved your PG card ........... ask  Singpost lah!!  as usual never delivered ...... salah!  or check in some dustbin maybe have  :a-fun:     

wahahahaha  :XD: I am a hot and old tiko pek lah [bounce1]  [:p]  

......... only thing is you never recieved your PG card ........... ask  Singpost lah!!  as usual never delivered ...... salah!  or check in some dustbin maybe have  :a-fun:     

No PG card nevermind lah……now Garberment going to give me $300 hong bao ...............but hey I got a tiko card leh  [bounce2]  :XD: 

Hyflux perps won't be redeemed till divestment of Tuaspring

Water treatment firm Hyflux will not redeem its retail perpetual securities until the divestment of Tuaspring is completed, it said yesterday.

A $400 million tranche of the perps will reach their first call date on April 25. The coupon yield will step up from 6 per cent to 8 per cent a year until they are redeemed.

Hyflux aimed to partially divest up to 70 per cent of Tuaspring water desalination and power plant last year, but has not. Tuaspring is held on its books at a value of $1.3 billion.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/hyflux-perps-wont-be-redeemed-till-divestment-of-tuaspring

• Praise 1

Singapore rich bond buyers hit by worst-performer in Hyflux

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s individual investors have been burnt by water treatment firm Hyflux Ltd.’s perpetual bonds, the worst-performing local currency retail note this year among 10 such securities listed on the city’s exchange.

Hyflux, founded by Singapore entrepreneur Olivia Lum, posted its first annual loss last year since listing in 2001.

The stumble follows expansion in recent years in the energy business, beyond its mainstay building desalination plants.

Hyflux has said that oversupply of gas in Singapore depressed electricity prices and the weakness in the power market will likely pose challenges for its performance in 2018.

Singapore’s wealthy investors, stung by a series of unprecedented defaults in the past two years, remain vulnerable amid rising interest rates. The nation’s local-currency bonds are set for the first quarterly loss since late 2016, according to a Bank of America Merrill Lynch index. 

Hyflux, whose female founder was a poster child for local entrepreneurs, adds to signs of pressures that smaller borrowers in the local debt market face.

the company’s foray into the power business, and subsequent attempts to offload some of those assets, have complicated matters. The city’s electricity market was progressively liberalized since 2001, leading to more competition.

"While the losses from the power market affect all power generation companies in Singapore, the situation is not expected to be permanent as gas contracts will gradually expire and electricity demand will eventually catch up with supply,” Hyflux said in an emailed response to questions from Bloomberg. 

“The long-term outlook for the Singapore power market is still a positive one.”

Hyflux’s S$500 million ($380 million) 6 percent perpetual securities, which have no maturity date, have fallen 25 cents on the Singapore dollar this year to a record low of 55 cents, according to exchange prices. Hyflux sold S$329 million of the securities to the public in Singapore, and the rest to institutional investors and employees.

The company’s S$400 million preference shares, which pay a 6 percent dividend, fell to near a record low at S$76.6, after issuance at a par value of S$100 in 2011.

A delay in the sale of Hyflux’s single largest asset -- Tuaspring, which combines Southeast Asia’s largest desalination plant with a gas turbine power plant -- is likely to prevent the company from calling its preference shares on April 25, it has said. 

The company, which posted a loss of S$116.4 million in 2017, appointed advisers on the proposed partial sale of the loss-making plant.

The company said in its email that “it makes sense” for the redemption to be deferred until the sale is completed.

“Given the current sector dynamics, there is uncertainty over what price they can sell Tuaspring at, and when,” said Ezien Hoo, a Singapore-based credit analyst at Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. “Hyflux needs to sell the plant to alleviate financial strain.” - Bloomberg

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/19/singapore-rich-bond-buyers-hit-by-worst-performer-in-hyflux/#jL30GwMSCA23LzYx.99

• Praise 1

If can don't touch, then better don't touch ... my sincere advice ...

高手 spotted!!!!

If deal is so great.... They will all be eaten up by pte investrs before tis even hit the retail mkt .. avoid la.. :(

Another 高手

ya, i share yr pt of view. I siam this offer

Whoa!!!!!

Heng I got no money invest

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Actually what's their secret sauce that enabled them to grow to their current size?

My understanding is that they are currently functioning just as a systems integrator. Even the membrane tech is not theirs.

no one had an ans for my qn?  :mellow:

Muayhaha.

For the longest time, a few of us hv been saying that the company is way overleveraged.

So this event is absolutely predictable since many many months ago.

It’s not that they wont redeem, it’s more like they cant.

If Tuaspring is not sold, where got money.

Classic case of distressed asset sale.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Its good to be hungry once in a while becos you will remember what you dont want to be, but one must know that being permanently hungry WILL confirm 100% chop and stamp, lead to premature death.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Hyflux had always been touted as one of our national pride. I am shocked to hear this actually.

It was already in the cards long long ago.

Certainly not shocking.

If can don't touch, then better don't touch ... my sincere advice ...

..Wow..I'm impress by ur warning to others..hoped he took ur advice.
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

I guess same goes for Seagate too; was like our Govt darling .... slowed down and moved out.......must be in China

The govt just does not understand that the costs here are just too high & they (govt) are also stuck in a limbo with how to bring cheap foreign labour without ruffling feathers locally here; Apart from workers costs our land, electricity, water all are no help,  even infrastructure and financial/banking hub (others too are just as efficient)

I really also wonder how those companies in Jurong Island manage but since they might be high value industries with tax breaks... might work for the time being    

Many big Companies are still around here but like just operate like "Post Offices" here only for their HQ though production is in China/Indonesia/thailand  

Hyflux had always been touted as one of our national pride. I am shocked to hear this actually.

• Praise 4