Hyflux RPCS aka Securities

Freeder

Something is fishy in this debacle...

Ms. Lum need to cum cream on this although she wants to donate all her worthless share options ..

Well, at least she took some responsibilities for her decisions and donated her shares.

She has already made her money (despite the huge setback), our heart should be with those who invested substantial amount of their life saving into the perps paying 6/8 %p.a., thinking this is a “national” water company.

There may be some merits to suggestion that if you do retail bond/ perps issuance, an external rating should be required but some will say that is overregulating.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Important thing is you learnt something from the $3k.

I have also paid a lot of tuition fee along the way, so now I only have 1 ownerâs company in my portfolio.

Pls share good kang tao ?
  • Praise 3

Something is fishy in this debacle...

Ms. Lum need to cum cream on this although she wants to donate all her worthless share options ..

i thot hyflux went into the electric grid game as well and one of the indian venture also burst.

So re boot everything as hyflux issue bonds as well . So everything come at once ...

Ya lor kenna means kenna..... I just admit it anyway my stake was only 30 lots ($3,000)

Ok lah downgrade to China car next time

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 5

i thot hyflux went into the electric grid game as well and one of the indian venture also burst.

So re boot everything as hyflux issue bonds as well . So everything come at once ...

next round buy electric car liao lor.. just dont get into the purchase where the agent tells you batteries not included after you sign the loan...

Yes Sir ...... in fact I kenna Ketuk today..... went to buy charger and remembered your wise words of wisdom and now fighting with this shop fella .... so how now?? I told him buy battery charger must include battery mah

post-157298-0-85225400-1550390496.jpeg

• Praise 1

Yes Sir ...... in fact I kenna Ketuk today..... went to buy charger and remembered your wise words of wisdom and now fighting with this shop fella .... so how now?? I told him buy battery charger must include battery mah

i thot hyflux went into the electric grid game as well and one of the indian venture also burst.

So re boot everything as hyflux issue bonds as well . So everything come at once ...

next round buy electric car liao lor.. just dont get into the purchase where the agent tells you batteries not included after you sign the loan...

My friend, who works in the infrastructure/ plant building/ engineering field, told me many years ago Olivia is a chemist.
  • Praise 1

Me also curious how a sure win company can land up like this?

Wrong investment?

You are rite , its a sure Win biz . Its crazy to end up in this way. Bad mgt , bad biz acumen made core biz running into red . 

Maybe too layback . They did some oversea acquisitions , heard lost money too. 

• Praise 3

Wrong investment?

The moment you treat any investment as sure win, then you already lost.
  • Praise 2

Wrong investment?

Be like warren buffett. Stick to businesses he knows. She invest in sg power sector when even billion $ players already give warning.
  • Praise 1

Sure win only in SG coz got Temasek and Govt backing?

To me when disaster strike like flooding or hurricane is when water is most required. I would have gone all out to get the biz during the recovery processes

Important thing is you learnt something from the $3k.

I have also paid a lot of tuition fee along the way, so now I only have 1 ownerâs company in my portfolio.

Which Co would that be ??
  • Praise 2

I remembered asking questions years ago when they build huge reverse osmosis and presented the model in water week. I am just low grade engineer, but my question was where to get the power to run this power hungry plant? It was bit hard to imagine taking for national grid then they have their own gas fired power plant. In my opinion still not possible to support large scale reverse osmosis plant, since SG is not like Middle East where oil or gas wells are at their backyard. To make it feasible may be need nuclear power plant, if not cost of producing this reverse osmosis water will be very expensive at the end the end user may bear the brunt of the cost.

• Praise 8

I heard hyflux doesn't have their own tech (membrane, etc) and are just licensing it from others.

So what advantage are they supposed to have?

• Praise 1

You must be a compulsive accumulator. Lol... IPO in 2001 and even Olivia had cashed out around $100m (10% stake sold around 2005/6) and you are still holding the darling.

I admit I am really a compulsive accumulator

I like to buy but I hate to sell

That’s why i decided not to buy shares

• Praise 3

The moment you treat any investment as sure win, then you already lost.

To me there are 3 constants events that happens. Taxes , medical and mrt breakdown.. if u provide services to the last one you will be a winner
↡ Advertisement