Microsoft retreats in smartphone battle, 1,850 jobs to go

Tigerwoods

Can Garmin mobile XT be installed on it? If yes, then Windows phone is on my list for future upgrade.

You wait long long...

Garmin already ended support for mobileXT for Windows lor.

I'm already switching to Garmin/Asus A10 phone... yes, it may be a crappy asus but at least it runs on android. It begs to be rooted. [laugh]

You wait long long...

Garmin already ended support for mobileXT for Windows lor.

I'm already switching to Garmin/Asus A10 phone... yes, it may be a crappy asus but at least it runs on android. It begs to be rooted. [laugh]

If Win 7 backward compatible with win6.5 application? If yes, still got chance to install mobileXT.

I will not get it next week. As only two models will be released.

I will wait I'll Christmas. For newer models. Also for the reviews and verdict from early adopters.

I think W7 phone will be as great as iPhone.

saw on websites the main interface of windows fone already sian half. wat's with all that huge @ss boxes, not to mention the color of those as well.

Three things that prevent me from going near it ....

1) The fonts are flat , front page tiles are flat , the colors are flat and most probably the battery will go flat very fast by the looks of it's animation tiles !

2) Every email address you sent to will be automatically saved in the phone , some may like it while I don't

3) Looks bulky

...and I forget to mention it does look as if it lagggggg in many ways .Go to youtube , see them scrolling , and you'll see the jerking effect of the slow scroll ! [shakehead]

But these are only my opinions , pls dun blast me ! [blush][grin]

Cough.... calling it WINDOW PHONE 7 is not wise . [sly]

Edited by DKSCORPIO

i still remember my SGD1200 O2 Atom...no window on my phone unless it can proof to me that it can perform its basic function as a phone and not hang when I want to make a call...that why no more smart WM phone for me anymore... :D

best part is it hang without u knowing.... home screen looks perfectly working fine

saw on websites the main interface of windows fone already sian half. wat's with all that huge @ss boxes, not to mention the color of those as well.

I also realise the Interface main screen looks very kiddy and why they Tiles fill only 2 columns and not 3 on the screen and leaves a gap on the right and a small ->...

The UI header "Videos" or appeared too Big for the screen ?

Everything appears very messy IMO...

I also realise the Interface main screen looks very kiddy and why they Tiles fill only 2 columns and not 3 on the screen and leaves a gap on the right and a small ->...

The UI header "Videos" or appeared too Big for the screen ?

Everything appears very messy IMO...

I would say it is catered to a geriatric population with the BIG boxes for the visually challenged old folk [laugh][laugh]

According to MS. WP7 is build from scratch and not link to WP6.5 or earlier.

meaning no backward compactablilty.

However, this could also mean that its wont hang??

very messy UI interface which are not showing the whole words properly...ugly light blue boxes which do not indicate anything about each function clearly.

i know they try to be trendy and sophicated but its not user friendly.

Edited by Babyt

bro Ender any idea if therez a complimentary upgrade to win phone 7 for HD2?

Cannot, because WP7 requirement is must have the 3 buttons it requires, and HD2 don't have all the 3 buttons for WP7.

so u suffer same fate as me...i almost wanted to slam the phone onto the floor...but the SGD1200 I pay for it put me off...nowadays i only used free phone from telco or anything that does not cost more than SGD100....no more SGD1k phone for me anymore.... :D:D

↡ Advertisement