Car weak cranking after a short engine stop.

Sleon383

Hello.. Need some advices.
One day, I off my car engine for a while (maybe around ten minutes) to buy some things, and when I push start the engine, it shows a weak cranking and the dashboard lights up showing the battery and the oil warning light. Try second pressing the start switch and the car engine starts.

This happens twice and the second time is after a fuel pumping.

This car is now 168000km.

What can be wrong? The battery and starter switch is checked OK.

Thanks for the help

↡ Advertisement

I encountered the same problem as u a month ago. problem was weak fuel pump . u may bring to car workshop to test it out . for my case , change fuel pump and everything well now

The battery is checked with the tester and working good. It is only three months old.

I encountered the same problem as u a month ago. problem was weak fuel pump . u may bring to car workshop to test it out . for my case , change fuel pump and everything well now

Noted.. Besides can't start the engine, what other issues you have with a bad fuel pump.

Where u get the problem diagnosed and solved?

Supersonic

Fuel pump wont cause weak cranking. If fuel pump is having problem, cranking can still be strong but car wont get started. Weak cranking could be battery , if not , could also be the starter motor that is going off soon. Especially if you experienced no crank at times , it is a indication that the starter is about to be replaced. The problem is there is no good way to check a starter condition.

Supersonic

The battery is checked with the tester and working good. It is only three months old.

What is your driving pattern ?

Average 20~30 min drive or 5 min drive each time you start and stop engine ?

Noted.. Besides can't start the engine, what other issues you have with a bad fuel pump.

Where u get the problem diagnosed and solved?

Other symptoms are car engine die off at stop junctions with battery signal light on and engine light on. Battery and alternatir tested perfectly fine . It takes a experienced mechanic to test out the problems .non trusted ones will tell u change battery change alternator and change all sort of things .

Other symptoms are car engine die off at stop junctions with battery signal light on and engine light on. Battery and alternatir tested perfectly fine . It takes a experienced mechanic to test out the problems .non trusted ones will tell u change battery change alternator and change all sort of things .

If u have trusted workshop,u may wish to go back to them . E workshop i use is in yishun

(edited)

Aiyo... Got warning light it's better to use a diagnostic tool to find out the fault codes. From there Google the fault code according to your car make and determine where the fault lies. Do not use guess work. Go to a workshop who has a diagnostic tool and fix the fault.

Imo it's good to invest in an obdii diagnostic tool. Those Bluetooth enabled plug in tool that connects to you phone/tablet do not cost much if you buy online. Better dan you come here ask. Ppl do not even ask for your car make & model. If you have warning lights on your dash get a diagnostic tool to fault find.

Stop going to those monkey workshops who do not even have a diagnostic tool and they any old how change parts on your car. Such dinosaur workshops need to upgrade as cars now are fitted with a lot of sensors and computers.

Edited by Watwheels

The last engine light on is two months back with P0172 ( system too rich). I had it rectify by changing the O2 sensor, air filter and breathers. So far so good. There is no engine light on after starts up.

So far, this happens when I turn on the engine within a short period ( ten minutes). Any body experience this before.

I think can check the pressure to tell if the fuel pump is faulty.

It is not easy to test the motor starter.

As in my first post, the battery and oil warning lights up after the weak cranking and the engine can't starts. But there is no warning light when I crank again to start the engine.