Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Anyone experience an automatic updating of OPEL DAB software??  

Bro,

You are at the wrong thread. Join the SG Opel Owner's Club on Facebook.

A lot of Opel owners there to help you with any query you may have.

Regards

i having flapping sounds when i drive past 90 from my right side wheel arch and door but when i inspect there is nothing there caught in between, i only recently noticed this noise as the weather is cooler and i wind down my window for cool air and off the aircon...  

Any bros experienced this sound? It pretty loud when i open the window... but my window is only open with 0.5cm gap...so its not the noise from the wind... its an audible flapping noise...

i having flapping sounds when i drive past 90 from my right side wheel arch and door but when i inspect there is nothing there caught in between, i only recently noticed this noise as the weather is cooler and i wind down my window for cool air and off the aircon...

Any bros experienced this sound? It pretty loud when i open the window... but my window is only open with 0.5cm gap...so its not the noise from the wind... its an audible flapping noise...

I don’t drive Opel. But from my past experiences with 4 previous cars, out of 4 times:

2 times is tyre kena nails, so when the nail is rotated to contact the ground got that kinda sound

1 time is wheel arch/mudguard came loose

Last time is slight bulge in tyre and the bulge was rubbing against something in the wheel arch. Slow speed can’t really hear. Go expressway more than 70km/h and above then can hear.

So not sure if you have same case as me, just sharing my experience.

• Praise 3

U try wind down your passenger window together with driver window and listen if there's still flapping sound.

Not sure whether the SE know it or not.

i personally experienced once below 60km/h with a vehicle in front as i step on the accelerator while moving off. It activated the E-brake and stalled the engine. Now i have to set the anti-collision distance to nearer instead.

All along I believe there was no auto braking.

But today, I experienced it! OMG! Stupid van braked excessively. I didn’t apply sufficient braking and the car actually ebrake, ABS kicking in and all. Then the collision alarm went off! WTF

But today, I experienced it! OMG! Stupid van braked excessively. I didn’t apply sufficient braking and the car actually ebrake, ABS kicking in and all. Then the collision alarm went off! WTF

Wow! That means the Astra has Collision Alert and ACTIVE EMERGENCY BRAKING! Hip Hip Hooray!

Best bang for your buck with all these features!

I have never regretted my purchase 11 months ago.

• Praise 2

Congrats on choosing a car with the right safety functions. One accident that gets averted is already worth the money. 

But honestly I don't think the van braked excessively bro... you got lucky that you did not kiss his posterior... 

Expressway the fellow brake for nothing though the motorbike came close. He braked until 40kph. Then when I overtook him, he was texting on his phone $&!#%

My collision alert also got activated for the first time yesterday. Was crossing a traffic light and it turned amber, so I sped up but the van in front of my braked instead. There was a loud beeping noise and there's a flashing light on the dashboard that went off (Automatically gets reflected to your windscreen). 

But I quickly stepped on my brakes so I'm not sure if it was the auto brake or my own braking that slowed down the car.  [laugh]

How much is the astra now? I think they no longer promote as all hit by ves.

If I'm not mistaken. Only 1.0 is Neutral. 1.4 got slapped with a 10k surcharge.