Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Haha. I wanted to do stage 1 at monster tune. 900+ before gst.

But I scared the gearbox tok sound will become gearbox destruction. Haha

good excuse to retrofit with 6T40

Any Astra owners wanna go do the euc tunning ? Can book together.. Hehe

Me been looking around but no one seemed interested.  [shocked]  Gains we are looking at around +30bhp. Which is 180bhp. Not too bad for an astra already, can go close to 8 seconds already  [bounce1]  

• Praise 1

Sorry bro..i mean go Auto Germany Ubi flash the new Ecu firmware.. Free !!!

Lol.... This one also need jio go and flash together meh.  :a-confused:

Hi All,

Anyone knows how to view your downloaded videos from your Iroad V7? can't seem to share it or view it after download in my phone's gallery? Tried pluging into my  PC doesn't work also...

• Praise 1

Been on the new ECU map for a few weeks now and just felt below 2k revs the car seems sluggish as compared to the old map. Seems like the old map is slightly more aggressive and the new one more to comfort.

I tried to observe performance throughout the rev range through my OBD device also and it seems peak torque comes slightly later around 2500-2800rpm. 

Anyone with the same observation? 

(edited)

Been on the new ECU map for a few weeks now and just felt below 2k revs the car seems sluggish as compared to the old map. Seems like the old map is slightly more aggressive and the new one more to comfort.

I tried to observe performance throughout the rev range through my OBD device also and it seems peak torque comes slightly later around 2500-2800rpm. 

Anyone with the same observation? 

am on the new map since 2 weeks ago and have a different feel...

overall it felt much smoother, similar torque that comes in perhaps abit later (depending on condition) but more free revving that corresponds with the pull.

with the same driving style my observation before and after:

Before

intermittent loss of power (reluctant to revv , no pull, noticeable turbo lag after downshift) very apparent after a hard left turn

violent engage/disengaging of GB on low/mid speed aka "tuck sound"

overtaking can sometimes be hit or miss (due to above 2 conditions)

Power feels lumpy, not as refined as Euro Car of the Year 2016 should be

FC only good if cruising, mixed driving definitely underperform

getting 500km and below per 44L Ron95 (also due to undercarriage ongoing issues)

After

Smooth revving, linear power delivery, linear acceleration, able to pull leisurely from low revs when cruising 60-80 (previously had to downshift), turbo lag minimized in most conditions....quite well matched

no more violent GB behaviour, noticeable in/out clutching on low speeds which can be avoided with a well callibrated right foot

Overtaking puts a consistent grin to driver's face  observed on 40-80km/h, 80 - beyond km/h, no longer hit or miss, little or no noticeable dead spot

Torque feels as adequate as before around 2krpm on low speeds. only sometimes feel that 2500rpm pulls better. not entirely sure

Power is plenty on Ron98, perhaps suited for consistently high rev driving style

Currently on Ron95, so far prefer it as feels better matched especially low end

FC was only satisfactory on prior tank of 98 as testing out the newfound power

Going moderately light foot on current tank of 95 with frequent bursts on overtaking, should be pretty easy to exceed 500km for 44L, and on track to hit 550km for my current driving style (YMMV)

daily commute to and fro work is around 30Km each way consisting of moderate to heavy traffic along highway (frequent braking) mixed with normal roads.

driving style is moderate foot off the line, light foot when cruising, will usually overtake when car in front has more than 3 car length empty space

so to me its quite commendable if can hit 550km 

tires about 260kPA all round

will update after another tank of 95

Edited by Johnny86
  • Praise 3

am on the new map since 2 weeks ago and have a different feel...

overall it felt much smoother, similar torque that comes in perhaps abit later (depending on condition) but more free revving that corresponds with the pull.

with the same driving style my observation before and after:

Before

intermittent loss of power (reluctant to revv , no pull, noticeable turbo lag after downshift) very apparent after a hard left turn

violent engage/disengaging of GB on low/mid speed aka "tuck sound"

overtaking can sometimes be hit or miss (due to above 2 conditions)

Power feels lumpy, not as refined as Euro Car of the Year 2016 should be

FC only good if cruising, mixed driving definitely underperform

getting 500km and below per 44L Ron95 (also due to undercarriage ongoing issues)

After

Smooth revving, linear power delivery, linear acceleration, able to pull leisurely from low revs when cruising 60-80 (previously had to downshift), turbo lag minimized in most conditions....quite well matched

no more violent GB behaviour, noticeable in/out clutching on low speeds which can be avoided with a well callibrated right foot

Overtaking puts a consistent grin to driver's face  observed on 40-80km/h, 80 - beyond km/h, no longer hit or miss, little or no noticeable dead spot

Torque feels as adequate as before around 2krpm on low speeds. only sometimes feel that 2500rpm pulls better. not entirely sure

Power is plenty on Ron98, perhaps suited for consistently high rev driving style

Currently on Ron95, so far prefer it as feels better matched especially low end

FC was only satisfactory on prior tank of 98 as testing out the newfound power

Going moderately light foot on current tank of 95 with frequent bursts on overtaking, should be pretty easy to exceed 500km for 44L, and on track to hit 550km for my current driving style (YMMV)

daily commute to and fro work is around 30Km each way consisting of moderate to heavy traffic along highway (frequent braking) mixed with normal roads.

driving style is moderate foot off the line, light foot when cruising, will usually overtake when car in front has more than 3 car length empty space

so to me its quite commendable if can hit 550km 

tires about 260kPA all round

will update after another tank of 95

Thanks for the detail update. More or less the same from what I experienced. 

With 80% city driving only around 10.5km/l

Thanks for the detail update. More or less the same from what I experienced.

With 80% city driving only around 10.5km/l

I think your FC is okay.

I am on RON98, 60% highway, very heavy right foot. My FC is 9+km/lit. Lol. 1.4T. Turbo is damn addictive.

post-176323-0-43633600-1528336926_thumb.jpeg

I think your FC is okay.

I am on RON98, 60% highway, very heavy right foot. My FC is 9+km/lit. Lol. 1.4T. Turbo is damn addictive.

Exact same sentiments. So much so fuel consumption quite rabak.

wow didnt know got bros here drive so spiritedly....

good to know im not remotely close to being the fastest around!  :a-panic:

wow didnt know got bros here drive so spiritedly....

good to know im not remotely close to being the fastest around!  :a-panic:

Gotta clear carbon.  [smash]

• Praise 2

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of getting this car as second hand in e market, is there any major / persistent minor issues encountered by your experience so far? Thanks alot!!

Me been looking around but no one seemed interested.  [shocked]  Gains we are looking at around +30bhp. Which is 180bhp. Not too bad for an astra already, can go close to 8 seconds already  [bounce1]  

some 1.0 owners did tuning at tdi tuning if I remember correctly.

from 105 horses become 130 horses, not bad for a light car.

but as with the additional power, fc starts to suffer due to more 'spirited' driving.

↡ Advertisement