Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Supercharged

Is the Opel astra 1.0 considered to be EOL already now that it's slapped with a 20k VES?

Don't see it being sold brand new anymore.

Any concerns for existing owners?

Been asking around and got quoted 65-70k for my 11 months old 1.0 HB

So fast selling??
↡ Advertisement

There was a Direct Seller in opel forum selling his Astra 1.4.. Could be his? U can go Facebook see see

No not too sure, think that sellers astra sold off already if im not wrong.

Hi all

I saw an opel astra 1.4 turbo for sale 2nd hand at Mayfair motoring via SGcarmart. Pricing about 76K plus for 1.5 year old car. COE left 8.5 years. Any potential issues to lookout for this model as considering to buy this car ? Understand gearbox is 6 speed AT which should be reliable vs all the DSG gearboxes in many VAG cars?

Current ride is 2010 ford focus 1.6 NA 150K milleage which COE left 1.5 years till expiry. Thinking whether to continue holding on to the ford until COE expire as its still ok mechanically. ( other than changing fuel pumps 2x in a year >_>)

If trade in can get paper value only im guessing about 11k-12k max. Limited budget so can only downpay max about 20k plus.

Thanks

The price abit too low. I find it suspicious. I got my 1 year Opel Astra K 1.4T at 90k. From republic auto which is under Cycle & Carriage.

Even my 2 year old Kia K3 when I trade in for the Astra also got trade in value of 68k.

I am not saying Mayfair is not trustworthy. (I never buy or sell car through them anyway). But this price is abit too low to be true.

Just my humble opinion.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

No not too sure, think that sellers astra sold off already if im not wrong.

Hi Guys, 

I was the direct owner selling the car. It is not sold yet, I am now working overseas and the car is being used sparsely by my brother. 

I am still keen to sell, and car is in good condition without prior accidents. Still under warranty of course. 

The Astra is quite niche so I had many viewers who were interested but lastly decided on "safer" brands. As such I am realistic about the selling price as well. 

The car is a 1.4T HB, color is Emerald Green. Registered in 30 Dec 2016, and current mileage is about 26,000 km.

Anyone who is keen please contact me at 90287168, I can arrange a friend to help with viewing. 

Regards, 

Kelvin

• Praise 1

Hi all

I saw an opel astra 1.4 turbo for sale 2nd hand at Mayfair motoring via SGcarmart. Pricing about 76K plus for 1.5 year old car. COE left 8.5 years. Any potential issues to lookout for this model as considering to buy this car ? Understand gearbox is 6 speed AT which should be reliable vs all the DSG gearboxes in many VAG cars?

Current ride is 2010 ford focus 1.6 NA 150K milleage which COE left 1.5 years till expiry. Thinking whether to continue holding on to the ford until COE expire as its still ok mechanically. ( other than changing fuel pumps 2x in a year >_>)

If trade in can get paper value only im guessing about 11k-12k max. Limited budget so can only downpay max about 20k plus.

Thanks

Do be careful with that company. My old car trade in to cycle n carriage and one or two weeks later saw it being sold under that company. I traded in with mileage of 140k km but it was advertised as 100k km mileage n even with photo of odometer.

If they can tamper with that then they can tamper with other things too.

• Praise 2

Do be careful with that company. My old car trade in to cycle n carriage and one or two weeks later saw it being sold under that company. I traded in with mileage of 140k km but it was advertised as 100k km mileage n even with photo of odometer.

Oh okay didnt know that.. Now will be more wary. Thanks

Tampering with odometer is like S.O.P. in the industry. Regulators know about it but they choose to close one eye. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/customer-sues-over-tampered-mileage

Singapore Vehicle Traders Association first vice-president Raymond Tang said odometer-tampering is "quite common".

• Praise 1

Tampering with odometer is like S.O.P. in the industry. Regulators know about it but they choose to close one eye.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/customer-sues-over-tampered-mileage

Singapore Vehicle Traders Association first vice-president Raymond Tang said odometer-tampering is "quite common".

They know there is no enforcement by authorities. That's why it's rampant in the used car industry

just checked sgcarmart and the opel astra 1.4 turbo under mayfair motoring sold liao.

Another astra turbo popped up at AL auto.

If you like the 1.4T HB so much, just go for it. You may wish to send it for an evaluation check with STA for peace of mind.

BTW, I have made countless trips up north with the 1.4T since March 2017 till now and it certainly did not disappoint me. I am not talking about driving to JB but driving to Bentong, Janda Baik, Rawang, Melaka, Sungkai, Port Dickson, Putrajaya, KL, Cameron Highlands etc.

There is no such thing as a "perfect" car. All cars have their disadvantages.

People have told me that driving a continental car is a different feeling - Now I understand what it means. Coming from one who has driven Japanese/Korean makes, yes, driving a continental car does make a difference.

The choice is yours.

• Praise 3

..becoz pappy don't lost any $$..Try sthing else like punt football to private bookies or evade taxes or cheat on gst..Then you will know..
  • Dislike 1

recently kanna side swiped by a msian vehicle near causeway, already file insurance & police report, thinking to go outside and do as will not affect my NCD cos estimate from Opel SG is 3.5, but outside body panel and spraying is only about $500....

Opel SG service centre tell me need to leave for 5 working days, whereas outside 1 day will be done. 

So if say the msian car claim me than how much NCD it will affect me? if i dun claim my own self damage?

Any bro have any advice?

recently kanna side swiped by a msian vehicle near causeway, already file insurance & police report, thinking to go outside and do as will not affect my NCD cos estimate from Opel SG is 3.5, but outside body panel and spraying is only about $500....

Opel SG service centre tell me need to leave for 5 working days, whereas outside 1 day will be done.

So if say the msian car claim me than how much NCD it will affect me? if i dun claim my own self damage?

Any bro have any advice?

If I am not wrong, if someone claim you, your NCD will be affected. Should be drop to 0. Unless you got NCD protect.

any 3rd party claim will be subjected to 30% NCD reduction, not zero.

if at present has 50% NCD, next renewal will be at 20%.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Praise 2

Than if I don't claim own damage also 30% NCD huh?

if 3rd party claimed you, 30% still gone so might as well claim own damage as well.

The above statement is applied when one is at fault for the accident caused.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1