Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Yes. Ya right. For those whom been following Opel will realize the local AD change hands and it's the previous AD which causes the owners to starts searching for other brands (including me)

With the new Astra, I've decided to give the brand a chance to try out this brand again.

Test driven both 1.0 & 1.4

Personal preference,

Personal view is that 1.0 is decent for daily drive, the half clutch feeling does exist when moving off.

1.4 6 speed auto is smoother, power is creamier as well.

Size & specs for both variant is same except power & gearbox.

Rear legroom is generous, built quality is there. Well weighted & very sturdy built. Curvy sleek looks which attracts me to it.

Decided to book the 1.4 turbo version. Guaranteed Coe + some other freebies thrown in. My SE is friendly & knowledgeble compare to some other SE which I purchased from in the past by the more reputable 3 pointed star brand. Given me a good deal. Find no reason to say no to the pricing and specs amongst it's league.

mind to share the price and freebies thrown in for the deal??

the new model does look very curvy and sexy indeed...congrats on your purchase... =)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yes. Ya right. For those whom been following Opel will realize the local AD change hands and it's the previous AD which causes the owners to starts searching for other brands (including me)

With the new Astra, I've decided to give the brand a chance to try out this brand again.

Personal preference,

Personal view is that 1.0 is decent for daily drive, the half clutch feeling does exist when moving off.

Rear legroom is generous, built quality is there. Well weighted & very sturdy built. Curvy sleek looks which attracts me to it.

Decided to book the 1.4 turbo version. Guaranteed Coe + some other freebies thrown in. My SE is friendly & knowledgeble compare to some other SE which I purchased from in the past by the more reputable 3 pointed star brand. Given me a good deal. Find no reason to say no to the pricing and specs amongst it's league.

Great stuff. Hope you enjoy the car.
  • Praise 1

Personal preference,

Hi can you pm me the deal you got? Price and what freebies the agent threw in? I test drove both the 1.0 and 1.4 and must say both are driver's cars.Now very tempted........

• Praise 3

(edited)

Test drove the 1.4T today..

Torque very good..

Overtake n power on demand almost immediate..

Served by a friendly uncle..

Build quality std for a German made car..

However , the 6 speeder is a Dry type gear box..Reliabilty a big question mark...hope its different from those DSG problematic model..

Price abt 115k ...to me is on the high side as 124k can get the A3 sedan ..u know wat I mean ..A3 drive also not bad wat..

Final verdict(my feel only hor) : Good Drive but not worth the price..Resale for Opel cars will be

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3

Torque very good..

However , the 6 speeder is a Dry type gear box..Reliabilty a big question mark...hope its different from those DSG problematic model..

Price abt 115k ...to me is on the high side as 124k can get the A3 sedan ..u know wat I mean ..A3 drive also not bad wat..

Final verdict(my feel only hor) : Good Drive but not worth the price..Resale for Opel cars will be

• Praise 1

???

The 1.4T is a traditional AT. The SE told you its a dry clutch DSG?

The A3 uses the problematic DSG (but newer owners say it is ok already), its a slightly less powerful car and no longer 124k. Anyway a different car and 10k more, can consider if have budget for it.

Opel Astra resale may be an issue but at 115k, it is the one of the most powerful and well built car already. Of course, badge not there. If badge there, think need to add another 20k. 

Hi

Care to share what was done to make the new batch ok for A3?

From my understandin, nothing changed except the type of oil used for the gearbox. this does not solve the problem

Hi

Care to share what was done to make the new batch ok for A3?

From my understandin, nothing changed except the type of oil used for the gearbox. this does not solve the problem

Nt too sure. Saw from the net that for vw dsg they change the oil. I have a fren that owns a newer golf saying that the car gb had no problems.

For the a3, you can ask at the a3 forum. The newer owners, 1 to 2 yr old car say the gb is still as smooth as ever. Previously think the juddering issue occur quite early on like within 6mths to a year of getting the car.

No one has any feedback on the 1.0? Everyone is just concentrating on the 1.4t [confused]

There are a few feedbacks ma. Enough for city driving and the half clutch feel. 0 to 100 in 12.6 sec. Can roughly imagine the performance already. Torque number is decent.

Apart from gb and engine, both cars are the same. Best go test drive ba.

(edited)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easytronic

Easytronic is the Opel tradename for a type of transaxle-based semi-automatic transmission or gearbox, as used in some Opel/Vauxhall cars.

Easytronic is not a tiptronic gearbox design; it does not have a torque converter. It is fundamentally a conventional manual transmission, with a single-plate dry clutch. The transmission is controlled by an electronic control unit (ECU).

As mentioned it's fundamentally a manual transmission hence think of the clutch smiliar to that of a manual transmission not the dsg type of clutch pack transmission.

Edited by Watwheels

Torque very good..

Final verdict(my feel only hor) : Good Drive but not worth the price..Resale for Opel cars will be ð Unless u want to drive till scrap...[;)]

It's using a 6 speed conventional auto

Saw e car at suntec. However i noted e headlight is halogen n not matrix led in e brochure. E SE i engaged dun seem to know his stuffs.

Anyone can confirm:

1) is it matrix led headlight?

2 ) able to disable e lane depart and safety distance perpectually?

↡ Advertisement