New Suzuki Vitara 2016

GohLaiChye

collected my car and after driving for two weeks, i have these observations:

side mirror have to press button to close when you park. i thought it should be automatic enough to open/close when you start/off engine.

avg FC has been 11+km/L. i'm not sure why it is so low. i used to drive manual, but i do not consider myself a heavy footer.

avg speed 26+km/h. this is weird too, but small matter

range the max i seen is 380km+ when at full tank. maybe the computer will not calculate the full tank range :/

start/stop feature not really necessary... thing is i have to "off" it everytime i start the car.. weird..

"auto" feature for AC also need to switch on everytime when start the car. why can't the car remember my preferred settings??

car lock does not lock itself when i step on brakes. nor does it unlock itself when i switch off ignition (my previous car does it).

tripmeter also weird. A trip sometimes reset itself sometimes not. weird.............

but overall i am enjoying my ride. it's just a point A to B car.. so i can accept them....

Thanks for sharing, I didn't check these details during test drive, abit worried now.

My current ride auto locks when speed above 20km/h, unlocks upon engine off, thought that's logical. I believe the electrical components quality make a difference. Mirror should fold/unfold upon engine start/ stop, the button just a manual overwrite, but then my bro's honda civic also like that. Maybe try complaining at service centre make them change it. Should be able to reconfigure.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all!am letting go my latest vitara 2016.I have a 3months old pvc car mat grey in color for front driver and passenger seat to let go for only 20$.and also the 'ALLGRIP' rear emblem for 25$ too.pls visit Carousell app or website and search under suzuki accessories and Im sure you are able to view the items there..Thank you once again!

• Praise 1

collected my car and after driving for two weeks, i have these observations:

side mirror have to press button to close when you park. i thought it should be automatic enough to open/close when you start/off engine.

avg FC has been 11+km/L. i'm not sure why it is so low. i used to drive manual, but i do not consider myself a heavy footer.

avg speed 26+km/h. this is weird too, but small matter

range the max i seen is 380km+ when at full tank. maybe the computer will not calculate the full tank range :/

start/stop feature not really necessary... thing is i have to "off" it everytime i start the car.. weird..

"auto" feature for AC also need to switch on everytime when start the car. why can't the car remember my preferred settings??

car lock does not lock itself when i step on brakes. nor does it unlock itself when i switch off ignition (my previous car does it).

tripmeter also weird. A trip sometimes reset itself sometimes not. weird.............

but overall i am enjoying my ride. it's just a point A to B car.. so i can accept them....

To add on, the auto gear mode does not indicate which gear I am at on the dash board. Weird...

The car cuts off all electricity once u switch off the ignition. Good bad is your preference. Previous ride some electricity remains so u can still wind down window if u are waiting in the car.

Sgcarmart says it has remote assist boot. Well, it doesn't...

Tried using manual and my FE increased. My peeve is that I cannot tell what gear I am at when at auto hence I am not using the optimum gear. Manual allows me to see which gear I am in hence I can increase gears faster, importing the FE

Anyone has the "stinky" aircon issue?

Whenever I start the car in the morning, I always get this smell coming out of the aircon.

I read that its due to mildew growing inside the aircon system.

In my previous car, I never had this issue even after driving the car for 10 years and existing car is only less than half a year old.

I have the same issue, and it seems to happened after I did my first servicing. Now it's better but I worry go for my next servicing and the same thing happen.

And the good thing is that they deliver on their promises.

They had ready stocks in their warehouse so SE told me just need to secure coe and they can deliver the car within 2 weeks.

True enough, got my car in 2 weeks and no unnecessary delays. Overall a good experience and price was competitive for a reliable car that's made in Japan.

So far no one has complained about suzuki as compared to other ADs too.

Vitara is made in Hungary, not Japan, last time I checked.
  • Praise 1

I have the same issue, and it seems to happened after I did my first servicing. Now it's better but I worry go for my next servicing and the same thing happen.

Vitara is made in Hungary, not Japan, last time I checked.

Was referring to my experience With suzuki swift

Hello Vitarian,

Anyone knows if there's any T&C to the $8,888 discount stated on the website?

Thanks

When I booked my Vitara Last July 16.

They offered me EITHER an armrest console or Spoiler.

Top up 3~4K more you get the rugged/ urban version ... then you get the Spoiler free + other bumpers + 2Din DVD with reverse Camera.

There's never such freebies such as front/ Rear Cameras. Reason given is that they get spolit easily and the Management stopped giving out .....

So I only go only armrest Console which I waited from Oct 16 till Apr 17 then I got it. Freaking CMI ... lousy management really.

Anyway updates on the Vitara Sunshade. See attached list .. Vitara is inside liao!!!

How is FC so far

Hello Vitarian,

Thanks

no TNCs, just a marketing gimmick if you ask me.

How is FC so far

my FC now is 12.7km/L. not sure isit my driving improved or the car getting used to my driving style. have been using a mix of manual and auto not sure if it played a part.

no TNCs, just a marketing gimmick if you ask me.

my FC now is 12.7km/L. not sure isit my driving improved or the car getting used to my driving style. have been using a mix of manual and auto not sure if it played a part.

Is your FC based on actual calculations or trip computer?

I realised that the trip computer always show better results that actual calculations.

Is your FC based on actual calculations or trip computer?

I realised that the trip computer always show better results that actual calculations.

using trip computer. a brother here managed to get 16 even 18km/L. i can't even reach 13.

i guess the trip computer is a gauge, may not be fully accurate but i guess won't be too far off.

will try to update mileage when it goes empty.

using trip computer. a brother here managed to get 16 even 18km/L. i can't even reach 13.

i guess the trip computer is a gauge, may not be fully accurate but i guess won't be too far off.

will try to update mileage when it goes empty.

The onboard calculator is not accurate. Use a different method.

Record the amount of petrol you pumped and divide it by the mileage travelled.

My FC is 14+ from the display, actual calculation is 13+.

One thing I dislike is the transmission/gearbox. Sometimes it likes to maintain at high revs, like going down slopes or when it refused to change to a higher gear. During times like this I will manually switch.

Does anyone get this too?

Hello Vitarian,

Thanks

The condition is that you have to take loan + their insurance (AXA)

are you taking the car this week??

Yes, you too?

My FC is 14+ from the display, actual calculation is 13+.

One thing I dislike is the transmission/gearbox. Sometimes it likes to maintain at high revs, like going down slopes or when it refused to change to a higher gear. During times like this I will manually switch.

Does anyone get this too?

Is yours 2wd or 4wd version?

The condition is that you have to take loan + their insurance (AXA)

Yes, you too?

Is yours 2wd or 4wd version?

Axa insurance and in-house loan is for the $2000 rebate only. $8888 "discount" is separate

Anyone feels the normal headlight is too bright? It feels like a high beam to me. The high beam like unnecessary...

↡ Advertisement