New Suzuki Vitara 2016

GohLaiChye

Guess you are referring to the headlights... SE will usually set those sensor-activated features on when going thru' the car with the new owner. If you read the owner's manual, it will guide in turning off this sensor-activated headlights. Cheers!

As promised to the bros here, my ride .... :)

Sexy .. classy ... vintage feel in my opinion.

Did anyone steal glances while I'm on  the streets .. Seriously . all the time.

From collection point to Vivocity .. then from East Coast Road to Hougang. From there to Geylang and finally to my home in the north.

Plenty of driving for day one. So I think I can make some conclusion. . it is fun to drive. 

One thing I didn't really like ... the front LED light self-on when engine starts ... holy crap .. wana snake a while in carpark also cannot ... people know you're in the car and the park in front of you with hazard lights on, don't you just hate it.. sianzz. 

I'm doing comparison to my previous ride . Terios.

Much quieter

Much wider

Standard cruise control, reverse sensors etc

Auto-cut off engine when stationry, kinda irritating especially the air-con also turn non-cold wtf

Typical same design with bluetooth conncetions for mobile .. fun to use but a bit noisy on the audio.

Blindspot surprisingly good and clear

Suspension can be better thou,

Light on the steering Wheels but easy to drive

FC : last recorded 11.3km/L .. is it considered good? Much better than Terios actually. 

Turning corners are crispy and well-balanced

Leg space ... pretty decent .. i'm 1.8M and so you can judge from the pictures ...Don't come and tell me all your friends or relatives/ loved ones are more than 1.8M tall ... you should seriously "go and fxxx yourself" ... sorry for my tone but I find it lame to compare legroom when most Asians are not even tall ... 

Vitara is a compact yet reliable and spacious enough Crossover. Don't compare it with 2L cars. I only compare it with Vezel and both are good in my opinion but in terms of conti-feel .. I still say Vitara stands out in a class of its own :) 

Overall .. 7/10 ... 3 more for future observation lol

KNS LOLOL ....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Guess you are referring to the headlights... SE will usually set those sensor-activated features on when going thru' the car with the new owner. If you read the owner's manual, it will guide in turning off this sensor-activated headlights. Cheers!

Oh ya

Its called Daytime running lights. Lolol the SE also nvr really explain clearly to me. Thanks for the tip bro! :)

Just hit my 2K mileage.

If this picture isn't convincing, nothing will ...

The condition achieved :

1pax in car

80-90km/h

70-80% highway driving

After topping up of petrol (duno if plays a part)

Before that, its around 16.4km/l

I would say generally its around 16.5km/l as average after 3 weeks of driving.

And yah, no Vitaras on the road? Keep it that way Lololol

wah, FC 18km/l (with spare tire) overtakes Vezel & attrage. Its size and FC makes it an ideal Uber.

• Praise 1

Kangadrool : You can refer to my earlier post: Spare tyre is behind; hidden

Matrix : Uber is here to stay and perhaps in the future? Maybe yes but even so, my car wont fetch good resale price eventually coz my mileage is high still ... lolol

That's great to hear. [thumbsup]

Thought most give Bygone spray bottle. [:p]

Matrix : Uber is here to stay and perhaps in the future? Maybe yes but even so, my car wont fetch good resale price eventually coz my mileage is high still ... lolol

• Praise 2

Ownself ask, ownself answer!!

So I finally went to CM to check out the Vitara

At the showroom, rep said the turbo version is not available in Sg.

so anyway, I test drove the Vitara 4WD.

2modes for its 4WD

- Auto mode that has 60/40 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. This mode is suppose to more frugal mode.

- Sports mode that has 50/50 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. The, well should give you more traction and thus burns more fuel.

The sports mode is fun to drive, and good pick up from stationary, and can really feel the traction of all 4 wheels on the ground. Tyre profile is 215/55R17(comes with continental tyre) so there should be a great selection of tyres at affordable prices to play with grip/comfort.

during normal cruising on auto mode, exterior sound (from engine or road) is not loud to me.

Ride is smooth, firm and feels more like ride of continental cars.

Only complain is that the engine (while rev-ing pretty responsively) does sound more strain when you get foot heavy as it goes up the gear ratio (of its 6speedAT). I didn't turn on radio during the ride so maybe if audio is on, you will feel less aware of engine noise.

The S-cross is said to have the same propulsion design, and drivetrain (for 4WD model) only diffrerence being its CVT model.
So maybe it will feel/sound more refine.

Exterior wise, the Vitara looks fun, youthful and definitely look better compared to most of Japanese sedans/SUVs.

• Praise 1

Any update on your FC? 

• Praise 2

Be getting the car finally!!!

July ...

August ....

September .....

Oct... BOOM!

The Salesman called me up .. Mr XXX , how are you? ha, your car finally reached Singapore liao. So can we meet up and you pay off the rest? You can get your car within 2 weeks after the necessary fittings at our workshop ... blar blar

Went down last week and paid the remaining Downpayment ... Settle the Trade-in of my car at the spot too.

Then ......

Armrest Console delayed so no armrest first ... WTF ... (then why you need 2 weeks for "necessary fittings"???)

Aiyo ... Suzuki Really needs to improve on the Service ... then I jokingly highlighted that he (salesman) should have replace it with the Spoiler (the other freebie) since this is not available. NO! a stright answer ... LOLOL .. this Uncle salesman very firm ..

Anyway ... will be getting it tomorrow (14/10/16) at the pick-up point ... Gonna miss my current ride but let's welcome the new one!

Henry?

Does ur vitara have rattling noise at the dash?

• Praise 2

I went to test drive the Vitara in August. Love the drive and it was smooth. The SE even suggest that I speed past road humps. 

I like the exterior and love the dual color option.

What I didn't like is that the interior is very dated. It does not have those 5" or 7" LCD screen for in-car connectivity.

Still undecided if I should get the car. 

• Praise 3

I went to test drive the Vitara in August. Love the drive and it was smooth. The SE even suggest that I speed past road humps.

I like the exterior and love the dual color option.

What I didn't like is that the interior is very dated. It does not have those 5" or 7" LCD screen for in-car connectivity.

Still undecided if I should get the car.

I tested the 4wd model and it comes with a 5 or 7 inch infotainment system.

Maybe it's the premium finish

Edited by shutterbox
  • Praise 1

Hi Mean76,

How your Vitara performance for the last few weeks?

Dun mind share the FC and comfort and performance?

I am also looking at this car and hoping to have more feedback from owners.

:)

Hi,

Any vitara owners here to share the pros and cons of this car after a few months of ownership?

Tks,

• Praise 2