Are You A Big Spender For A High End Bed Mattress?

Yeobt

Look for California King loh... not much brand have this size... 

Would it be easy to find mattress protector and bed linens for this size? Never seen such size before when we buy bed linens.

put a bench at the end of the bed.

Bedroom-Design-Ideas-For-Small-Bedrooms-

The length of our room is only 2.8m long leh. Not staying in a bungalow.

Now the mattress is already 2m long. Plus the wall mount tv abt 20cm protruding from the wall. So walkway only 60cm. If add bench at the end of the bed, no need to walk liao.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I just bought 2 mattresses from JB from USA, brand Eclipse Chiroligh 15" Indivitual pocketed Spring with latex pillow top. Due to their launching promotion. Queen size at RM1,799, super single RM1,599. Normal price RM2,990. Shipping to SG add RM400+7% GST to SG custom.

I tried it there and I fall in love with it. Mattress is firm, latex pillow top is cooling comfortable with cushion yet with firm support by the pocketed spring below. The sales guy told me if this in SG, I need to pay at least SGD2,990 or more. Over here I'm paying in RM, which means 1/3 of the price in SG. In fact not just mattresses, a lot of things in JB, u are paying in RM vs SGD in SG.

Cost of living is high in SG, rental, salary etc are high too. Of coz marking up got to be high to cover e cost n overhead. The cost of mattress itself is low, just that how much they mark up and how much they wish to make out it from consumers. Same like cars in SG, after adding COE to LTA, AD, custom etc...

It is good that you spend on good brand n high quality mattress at 7k or more, just make sure it is value for money, worse if you spend big amount n don't get e quality. For my case I'm sure I pay low price with very high quality n very much value for money.

Hope my abv sharing helps n pls don't jam up the causeway n coz all mattresses in JB run out of stock. Wahahaha....

USA mattress is different size right?

Did you have problems getting bedsheets?

Which mattress size is over 6ft in length? My legs always hanging out. Need longer than 6ft mattress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

• Praise 1

(edited)

i was told by the sealy promoter that MBS and a few top hotels are using this brand of mattress. well, am looking at this brand but

am still open and wish to hear more from end user point of view.

any personal review to share here?

I bought a Sealy king size mattress from Robinsons Orchard five years ago and no issues so far. Before buying I had visited a number of mattress boutiques eg Simmons, Sealy, Slumberland but prefer the sales staff from Robinsons as they do not hard sell. They carry a number of brands and you could try different brands at the same time. 

I managed to get the staff to give me more freebies eg extra pillows, extra mattress protectors etc.As I was waiting for my flat to be ready, I was advised by the staff to put a deposit and lock down the price as I was told the price of the Sealy mattress will increase. When my flat was ready, I went back to Robinsons to make payment and true enough the price of the mattress had indeed increased by a few hundred dollars.

I had stayed at a few 5* hotels on my work trips and actually removed the bedsheets to check the mattress brand :)

Just to share Westin/Sheraton use Simmons, St Regis use Sealy and Shangri-la use Slumberland. I have not seen the brand Serta despite their claims.

Edited by Altis72
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

I bought a Sealy king size mattress from Robinsons Orchard five years ago and no issues so far. Before buying I had visited a number of mattress boutiques eg Simmons, Sealy, Slumberland but prefer the sales staff from Robinsons as they do not hard sell. They carry a number of brands and you could try different brands at the same time. 

I managed to get the staff to give me more freebies eg extra pillows, extra mattress protectors etc.As I was waiting for my flat to be ready, I was advised by the staff to put a deposit and lock down the price as I was told the price of the Sealy mattress will increase. When my flat was ready, I went back to Robinsons to make payment and true enough the price of the mattress had indeed increased by a few hundred dollars.

I had stayed at a few 5* hotels on my work trips and actually removed the bedsheets to check the mattress brand :)

Just to share Westin/Sheraton use Simmons, St Regis use Sealy and Shangri-la use Slumberland. I have not seen the brand Serta despite their claims.

Also depends on types of rooms..... top suites use different mattresses.  [laugh]

actually not really. I'm a side sleeper with a bolster. U just need a firmer pillow. I use those charcoal pillows.

no wonder your face so black  :D

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Now the mattress is already 2m long. Plus the wall mount tv abt 20cm protruding from the wall. So walkway only 60cm. If add bench at the end of the bed, no need to walk liao.

Can put bench somewhere else in the morning. Buying an extra long mattress will not solve your space problem.

• Praise 1

we are spending half lives sleeping and hope to wake up healthily everyday.

we need not buy mattress that the hotels use as they cater for wise to rough sleepers all year round.

A horse brand will do the trick as long it is firm and guarantee a good night sleep is good enough 

for the next 3-5years and change again you feel like it or affordable.

Just imagine replacing one very good one and struggling heavily to change the bedsheet is NG,

unless you are working as an experienced chambermaid tossing around.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsingpromos.com%2Ffurniture%2Fsea-horse-8-off-storewide-35-to-50-off-selected-items-from-17-20-jun-2016-182147%2F

• Praise 1

personally I find hotel-grade mattresses too firm.

its built to last ... not to support ... me thinks ...

• Praise 3

Twincharged

we need not buy mattress that the hotels use as they cater for wise to rough sleepers all year round.

A horse brand will do the trick as long it is firm and guarantee a good night sleep is good enough 

Just imagine replacing one very good one and struggling heavily to change the bedsheet is NG,

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsingpromos.com%2Ffurniture%2Fsea-horse-8-off-storewide-35-to-50-off-selected-items-from-17-20-jun-2016-182147%2F

I think it is misconception to think that firm = good. 

Supportive = good. A mattress can be soft yet supportive.

Of course expensive does not necessary =good.

• Praise 1

1/3 not half, maybe less for some people [sweatdrop]

You need to take a step back and look at your problem again.

Your limitations that you cannot change:

- your height

- your room length

Factors that you can change

- bed/mattress length

- TV depth

Bed/Mattress length change: you have to consider the cost, including the rare/hard to come by/more expensive sheet and mattress protectors. Change of divan/bed support.

Jman's suggestion is actually the most sensible as the bench gives you more flexibility. If choose those with rollers even easier to move them aside during daytime.

TV Depth: Consider is it time to upgrade to the newer LED TVs with slim picture frame kind of mounting. Maybe can cut your depth by more than half.

Would it be easy to find mattress protector and bed linens for this size? Never seen such size before when we buy bed linens.

• Praise 3

Heh roller bench mai lah.

At night supposed to be sleeping, then roll here roll there  [:p]

Yeah i would just get a bench and put it there. But must measure just nice height for your bed. If everyday sleep need to do this, think after a while also sian  [:p]

You need to take a step back and look at your problem again.

Your limitations that you cannot change:

- your height

- your room length

Factors that you can change

- bed/mattress length

- TV depth

Bed/Mattress length change: you have to consider the cost, including the rare/hard to come by/more expensive sheet and mattress protectors. Change of divan/bed support.

Jman's suggestion is actually the most sensible as the bench gives you more flexibility. If choose those with rollers even easier to move them aside during daytime.

TV Depth: Consider is it time to upgrade to the newer LED TVs with slim picture frame kind of mounting. Maybe can cut your depth by more than half.

Turbocharged

I think u mean the sales girl more Chio.
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Hmmmmmm............. nothing much mentioned about "Water Bed".... :slow:

According to old tales, "water bed" will cause 'hong sip' .... [grin]

i used to have one queen bed. c/w heater. it provides full body support.

Cos our good govt campaign very successful....

save_water.jpg

LOL

Anyway, most people still have concerns about leaks and maybe even drowning in them.. [:p]

My concern will be more of whether they offer proper back support given their fluid nature and the natural tendency of water to be displaced making your back sag in more than that of spring/foam mattress?

the density can be adjusted by the volume of the water inside the bed. if you want it hard, pump more water.

• Praise 2

i used to have one queen bed. c/w heater. it provides full body support.

the density can be adjusted by the volume of the water inside the bed. if you want it hard, pump more water.

What is your opinion on waterbed? Why no longer using waterbed? What are the issues?

Not be big spender, just get the right comfort level mattress, for you and spouse.

I never like soft mattress, but my wife wanted mid-softeness mattress. Wanted one that doesn't have "tremor" when I turn and toss.

Tried many brands, so gotten a sealy.

Really like what they did in the TV comnercial. Can sleep very soundly.

Think age also comes into play as one gets older, would want softer and more comfortable bed.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

everytime i go on holiday, cannot sleep well. Cos ... no bolster. A pillow just doesn't cut it [bigcry][bigcry]

never hear before honestly.

I also sleep with bolster.

If hotel, usually have 4 pillows per queen bed

Will use 1-2pillow as "bolster"..

• Praise 3

Supercharged

What is your opinion on waterbed? Why no longer using waterbed? What are the issues?

we bought the waterbed for our wedding room in my parent's house but did not transfer to my new house after we moved out.

my parents rented out that room to several tenants over the years and most of time, the new tenants felt sleeping on a waterbed

is a kind of pleasure.

personally, i think it is very comfortable too. maintenance for waterbed is easier now. they have water conditioner that can last for

7 years before next water change or just add the water conditioner every 7 years. in fact, if given a chance again, i will still buy a

waterbed again. 

water temperature is reverse from the day and night. if your room is warmer during the day (west facing), the water inside the bed will

turn warmer at night. my wife scare hot one, so she doesn't like it.  [;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1