Brexit - Remain or Leave EU?

Vid

And the opposition leader got murdered after he won them.....  [thumbsup]

Jib kor won't get voted out lah. Everyone likes him in Msia.

He just won 2 by elections.

:D 

↡ Advertisement

I think Oliver's main concern is the creeping xenophobia... and the "Leave"message is spoken more loudly by the right-wing parties... he hates that as a liberal. 

But... other much smaller economies are doing very well being outside of the EU... have common access to market and labour... with free movement of people, etc. Everything the Remain campaign has been fear mongering about.

My opinion is that if the people of UK feel they need to take control of their affairs from unelected bureaucrats; by having to secure their borders; by renegotiating trade deals through WTO, so be it.

Much smaller countries have been in federations and have prospered after leaving

• Praise 1

I think UK should leave.

EU will still need them and will still trade with them even if they leave.

The sun will still rise from the east.

If UK do leave, will Germany still stay ...  :a-popcorn:

• Praise 6

(edited)

well said. The EU seems to be too confining and definitely brings a lot of counttries and cultures together in a vague brothership.

I'm not an economist, so i can't say for sure.

The economies you mention earlier are not really global economies on the scale of britain. Much like how Singapore would be better positioned if Asean is a large bloc of economies.

I think LHL said earlier in the year, he thinks the UK need to think very carefully about leaving, cos he said there are quite a lot of implications. Their global relevance will definitely suffer significantly considering that UK isn't really a global economic superpower.

A lot of their relevance to the world is linked to their heritage and they being part of the EU.

For sure there will be fallouts. So yea... this isn't a decision that they should take lightly.

But fact remains;

UK still has a seat in the Security Council... so political clout there;

Their economy is the 5th largest in the world;

They trade more outside of the EU than to the EU;

They buy a lot from the EU though;

London still remains the financial centre of the world; and

They have a healthy demography... population of ~64m... with more than 50% in the productive age of 15-55.

I think UK should leave.

If UK do leave, will Germany still stay ...  :a-popcorn:

Oh Germany will... it's in their best interest. They are happy to be lumped together with the lesser performing southern EU economies... as this keeps the Euro down... and Germany is a huge manufacturing and exporting country.

If by itself... for sure the Deutche Mark would be a lot stronger than the Euro... making their exports that little bit more expensive.

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 4

i put it to you.

Would you rather watch payet in the BPL or Sean McCormick  [laugh]

For sure there will be fallouts. So yea... this isn't a decision that they should take lightly.

But fact remains;

UK still has a seat in the Security Council... so political clout there;

Their economy is the 5th largest in the world;

They trade more outside of the EU than to the EU;

They buy a lot from the EU though;

London still remains the financial centre of the world; and

They have a healthy demography... population of ~64m... with more than 50% in the productive age of 15-55.

Oh Germany will... it's in their best interest. They are happy to be lumped together with the lesser performing southern EU economies... as this keeps the Euro down... and Germany is a huge manufacturing and exporting country.

If by itself... for sure the Deutche Mark would be a lot stronger than the Euro... making their exports that little bit more expensive.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

From economic point of view, I would prefer Brit to stay.

From entertainment point of view, I would like to see how the world would become if Brit exit, Donald Trumph become next presdient of US, and Jib kor get voted out. :XD::XD:

I think the chances of these happening are (in same order) 50%, 20% and 0.001%

And the opposition leader got murdered after he won them..... [thumbsup]

This is concrete proof that najib has nothing to do with the murder. There is no reason for him to kill the opposition since he has already won
  • Praise 1

From economic point of view, I would prefer Brit to stay.

From entertainment point of view, I would like to see how the world would become if Brit exit, Donald Trumph become next presdient of US, and Jib kor get voted out. :XD::XD:

Yes, you can't beat WW3 for popcorn value. :D

That, my friend, is the brilliant part...... [sly]

This is concrete proof that najib has nothing to do with the murder. There is no reason for him to kill the opposition since he has already won

(edited)

yes ... thanks to Euro ... our Mercedes, BMW, VW ... are cheap ...  [:p]

well, let's see how events turn out in the days ahead ...  :a-popcorn:

no matter what, will still have Euro 2020  [:p]

Edited by Blueray

I wanted to make a post earlier, but @ins1dious has already said it well. My main issue with Brexit is that idiots are supporting it for the wrong reasons. All that guff about subsidising Europe and being straightjacketed by Brussels legislation etc., are just window dressing for the real motivators: xenophobia and racism. And since you can't fight irrationality with reason, arguments against this are futile.

Anyway, here's a clip from my all time favourite Brit com Yes Minister that explains, in a nutshell, what Britain's real feelings on Europe have always been. :D

Honestly, that show is more of a funny documentary than a strict comedy.

• Praise 3

hahaha ... one of the best video

in order to stir shit ... we must be inside ... outside cannot stir ... and we call it "diplomacy"

• Praise 1

i put it to you.

Would you rather watch payet in the BPL or Sean McCormick  [laugh]

I rather watch Gareth Bale.

To me he is better than Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic,

Rooney, Mario Gotze, Antoine Griezmann etc

• Praise 1

Are the german contis really cheaper than before when it was pegged to Deutschmark?  :mellow:

yes ... thanks to Euro ... our Mercedes, BMW, VW ... are cheap ...  [:p]

well, let's see how events turn out in the days ahead ...  :a-popcorn:

no matter what, will still have Euro 2020  [:p]

(edited)

I wanted to make a post earlier, but @ins1dious has already said it well. My main issue with Brexit is that idiots are supporting it for the wrong reasons. All that guff about subsidising Europe and being straightjacketed by Brussels legislation etc., are just window dressing for the real motivators: xenophobia and racism. And since you can't fight irrationality with reason, arguments against this are futile.

Anyway, here's a clip from my all time favourite Brit com Yes Minister that explains, in a nutshell, what Britain's real feelings on Europe have always been. :D

Honestly, that show is more of a funny documentary than a strict comedy.

Next thing you will be telling us all the top spy chiefs in the 60s

were Russian agents and they pass all the England secrets

to the USSR and gave the jet engine to them free of charge.

Edited by Jamesc

I rather watch Gareth Bale.

To me he is better than Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic,

Rooney, Mario Gotze, Antoine Griezmann etc

For every one gareth bale, there will be a few scottish bruisers  [laugh]

I think UK should leave.

If UK do leave, will Germany still stay ... :a-popcorn:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2