Brexit - Remain or Leave EU?

Vid

For every one gareth bale, there will be a few scottish bruisers  [laugh]

Yeah that's very true. I know what you mean.

Like him.

:D

post-23002-0-20225400-1466597265.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Yeah that's very true. I know what you mean.

Like him.

lol.

Duncan Ferguson is the real scottish bruiser. Albeit a more skillful bruiser.

This one only know how to kick boots and cut pretty boy's faces

Edited by Lala81

Next thing you will be telling us all the top spy chiefs in the 60s

were Russian agents and they pass all the England secrets

to the USSR and gave the jet engine to them free of charge.

Yes Prime Minister had a brilliant episode inspired by the Cambridge spy ring. It's called "One of Us". :D

Are you old enough to remember all the fuss about the banning of Peter Wright's "Spycatcher"?

• Praise 1

Yes Prime Minister had a brilliant episode inspired by the Cambridge spy ring. It's called "One of Us". :D

Are you old enough to remember all the fuss about the banning of Peter Wright's "Spycatcher"?

Yes a young lawyer from Australia made a name for himself on this case.

He is now the Prime Minsiter of Australia.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

well said. The EU seems to be too confining and definitely brings a lot of counttries and cultures together in a vague brothership.

I'm not an economist, so i can't say for sure.

The economies you mention earlier are not really global economies on the scale of britain. Much like how Singapore would be better positioned if Asean is a large bloc of economies.

I think LHL said earlier in the year, he thinks the UK need to think very carefully about leaving, cos he said there are quite a lot of implications. Their global relevance will definitely suffer significantly considering that UK isn't really a global economic superpower.

A lot of their relevance to the world is linked to their heritage and they being part of the EU.

The problem is EU should not be set up in the 1St place. It is because of this EU the drag those Europe country this is doing well down. Those countries are doing well are put to subsidise those not doing well.

Look at Switzerland, she is not part of EU and is doing quite well, if Switzerland is part of EU, Switzerland will be drag down from it also.

So UK exit EU will be a good thing.

Brilliant! I hadn't known about that one. :D

very interesting, thanks for the information.

Before my time.

(edited)

i'm totally baffled how 19 countries to agree on 1 currency

little countries has no say but to kiss big brother ASS? [sly]

The problem is EU should not be set up in the 1St place. It is because of this EU the drag those Europe country this is doing well down. Those countries are doing well are put to subsidise those not doing well.

Look at Switzerland, she is not part of EU and is doing quite well, if Switzerland is part of EU, Switzerland will be drag down from it also.

So UK exit EU will be a good thing.

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged
(edited)

i'm totally baffled how 19 countries to agree on 1 currency

little countries has no say but to kiss big brother ASS? [sly]

The intention is good, but then you know no country is perfect, some countries are just not as productive as compared to others. Some maybe thinking good can relax abit and still enjoy the benefit. So end up those productive country are pulled down by those not doing well.

So hopefully the brexit will break the chain and then one by one also followed to exit EU.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged

I think Oliver's main concern is the creeping xenophobia... and the "Leave"message is spoken more loudly by the right-wing parties... he hates that as a liberal. 

But... other much smaller economies are doing very well being outside of the EU... have common access to market and labour... with free movement of people, etc. Everything the Remain campaign has been fear mongering about.

My opinion is that if the people of UK feel they need to take control of their affairs from unelected bureaucrats; by having to secure their borders; by renegotiating trade deals through WTO, so be it.

Much smaller countries have been in federations and have prospered after leaving

• Praise 1

(edited)

Dont know much about all these but I read somewhere before the reason the Europeans move closer because they look at past history of wars and fighting and felt that by getting together will reduce conflicts among themselves. The 2 world wars were prime example mentioned in it. Of course there are other smaller scale wars and events leading up to the 2 world wars. But integration among themselves means they can no longer think in terms of expansion through conquest against each other for economic purpose. 

yup, that's one of the major reasons for EU to be formed.

But it's like bringing a lot of different families to stay in a small apartment complex. And each family come from a distinctly different background.

Haha sure a lot of  [furious]  [furious]

Problem is that each country has different economic strengths and social priorities.

The refugee issue is a big thing. Germany took in over 1 million refugees. Many of the other countries hardly took it any. Or they were rapidly overwhelmed.

Pegging the weaker economies to the Euro also force situations like Greece to occur.

Spain, Portugal are also at risk.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

one MIL also beh tahan liao ... ask Jamesc

not to mention ah gong ah ma uncle auntie and da yee ma all living under one roof

ok ... not living under one roof ... but whatever you do or rolex you want to buy ... must get consensus ... WTF !

yup, that's one of the major reasons for EU to be formed.

But it's like bringing a lot of different families to stay in a small apartment complex. And each family come from a distinctly different background.

Haha sure a lot of  [furious]  [furious]

• Praise 1

I wanted to make a post earlier, but @ins1dious has already said it well. My main issue with Brexit is that idiots are supporting it for the wrong reasons. All that guff about subsidising Europe and being straightjacketed by Brussels legislation etc., are just window dressing for the real motivators: xenophobia and racism. And since you can't fight irrationality with reason, arguments against this are futile.

Anyway, here's a clip from my all time favourite Brit com Yes Minister that explains, in a nutshell, what Britain's real feelings on Europe have always been. :D

Honestly, that show is more of a funny documentary than a strict comedy.

one MIL also beh tahan liao ... ask Jamesc

not to mention ah gong ah ma uncle auntie and da yee ma all living under one roof

ok ... not living under one roof ... but whatever you do or rolex you want to buy ... must get consensus ... WTF !

Germany is the one who gives out the pocket money and is the one who owns the majority of the house somemore  [:p]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Merkel is the MIL whom you don't wish to meet during CNY ...

sure kena nag nag nag that you are not good enough ... LOL

Germany is the one who gives out the pocket money and is the one who owns the majority of the house somemore  [:p]

Edited by Wt_know

Not sure how it will pan out... but I'm pretty sure those undecided are singing the hit song by The Clash - should I stay or should I go.

iirc ... some years back there was talk of Germany thinking of pulling out ... not sure if it was due to :-

- voters pressuring Merkel

- Germany simply too lan with the dead beats

and buzz was that they had already printed DMs and standby already ...

• Praise 2

Darthrevan, on 22 Jun 2016 - 5:35 PM, said:

.... not necessarily a bad thing for the masses..currently wages are depressed due to migrants

How true.... for Singapore!  And we are not even part of EU!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2