Peugeot Partner

StevenTan_160358

(edited)

Hi,

Just to check, if there is any one here that drives a Peugeot Partner??

I'm driving a partner model 2015, and I do not have any good experience with them.

anyone here has any good or bad experience to share?

In a nutshell,

got my ride in dec and it's been 7 times that i have been to the workshop to resolve the same issues. and yes, same issues dont get resolve.

issues are not critical, but i wonder how many times do i have to visit them.

the vehicle is good to drive but it seems that servicing is pale in comparison. original intention is to buy a 5008, but i think i should just keep my money till my view changes.

Edited by StevenTan_160358
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Is it the signal/wiper stalk assembly, com2000? [laugh]

I had a Citroen Berlingo just scrap a couple of years ago. Non turbo 1.9L, first few year not much issues, actually non. After 5 years every 6 months issues starts to pop up one by one. Most common is the com2000. Thank goodness it's a manual transmission or else I go broke fixing issue after issue.

• Praise 1

dont half bake story mah....whats the issues and who do you send to for repair.

btw, pug partner is chevron.....hahahha, yes sibei lame :XD:

Supersonic

It is a norm for Peugeot and Citroen commercial vehicles to have many problems? Lol.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I used to borrow the company's Berlingo and 

it handles just like a car and very reliable.

The Pug diesel engine is one of the best.

Like a petrol engine except for diesel clutter 

on idle. The problem the TS is facing could

just be the nut behind the wheel.

:D  

• Praise 2

(edited)

the issues as follows. issues i found starting from the 2nd day of collecting a brand new Peugeot Partner

1. "rust spots" found on all door hinges. and yes, the same issue when i double check on their display unit. Peugeot claims this is not rust. but to be frank, i don't know what that is then. Pictures taken on both my vehicle and the display vehicle. They did not replace parts but rather oil the spots, went down 6 trips and yes,  one extremely minor spot is still there.

2. Windsreen is foggy when driven at night in raining condition. The heavier the rain the worse it gets. This windscreen issues worsen the already bad condition that it is driven in. You can wipe the inside and the outside of the windscreen, the foggy issue is still there. Unsolved till now. Extremely dangerous when driving in that condition and i had to drive extremely slow. (Video proof available)

3. Wheels alignment, always steer towards the left and was told they fixed it every time. I understand that wheels alignment is not exact. I requested them to over correct to the right the last time. but it's still steers towards the left.

4. other cosmetic issues which they were able to ratify on the 2nd trip. 

All issues has been properly communicated, going through the faults on site, video and pictures send and a meeting during the last trip. But then, for point 1,2 and 3 they cant seems to get it right the 1st, 2nd, 3rd time and so on and still an issue now.

The front line service is still trying to set things right, but it's really a lot of downtime sending the vehicle in for checks and comes back with the issues not resolved.

Still, a problem is a problem, the front line was able to lessen my pain by, collecting and returning the vehicle to my car park when they say they need 3 days to test and ratify the fault

So right now after all the trips,

for issue 1, i think its really minor now that i just live with it. hopefully, it does not gets worse.

issue 2, i recently had a cracked windscreen so i hope a new windscreen will resolve the issue

issue 3, until the next time, i was able to find time again to go down again. I will bear with the additional wear and tear of the tires

In terms of the Peugeot Partner, (compared to my previous ride which is a fiat doblo)

1. Its good to drive,

2. handling is fine

3. till now, no black smoke even at full throttle 

4 3 front seats!

5. spacious

6. 1.6l vs 1.9l previously, so less power i feel on gear 1 and 2.

7. driving needs a bit of getting use when i did the switch to the peugeot

8. lots of compartment to store things compared to similar range of vehicles

9. efficient use of space, left front seat can fold down have a flat space from the back to the front of maybe 3meters? or the left front seats can pull up to put a bulky item at the front. 

9. as with all diesels vs petrol, saves $$$. average 850km ~ 900km for 1 x 60 litre fuel tank. (of course depends on your driving habits)

10. i have lesser issues with my doblo then partner when i first got them

Edited by StevenTan_160358

Now that there are 6x more COE for Comm vehicle, am seriously considering getting a new van.

Anyone has any experience with the peugeot partner http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11637 or Fiat Doblo http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11572 ?

I had a berlingo before and currently a partner which is due for scrap dec. I have no major issue except wear and tear. My dad owns a Doblo before and quite ok except spoiled injectors around 190k km.. I suspect could be due to industrial diesel. 

All 3 are manual trans.. I think ETG has some issue..hearsay from a citroen nemo owner.

• Praise 2

I had a berlingo before and currently a partner which is due for scrap dec. I have no major issue except wear and tear. My dad owns a Doblo before and quite ok except spoiled injectors around 190k km.. I suspect could be due to industrial diesel. 

All 3 are manual trans.. I think ETG has some issue..hearsay from a citroen nemo owner.

Oh thanks for feedback. I need to get auto transmission. hmm maybe will go see look this weekend.

Reports suggest that prices will reduce by 30%, so the partner will drop to around $60k based on current listed $83k. Which is really attractive price.

Oh thanks for feedback. I need to get auto transmission. hmm maybe will go see look this weekend.

Reports suggest that prices will reduce by 30%, so the partner will drop to around $60k based on current listed $83k. Which is really attractive price.

But please take note of this ETG auto gearbox..

Not too sure for Doblo.. why not caddy 2.0 6spd DSG? Slurp!!

The caddy is almost $20k more than the Partner. Have to see what's the price after adjustment. But agree 6spd DSG is [inlove]

5th Gear

I am looking for front 3 seaters van and went to see Berlingo selling at 54k , Anymore other brand come with 3 seaters beside partner ?

I am looking for front 3 seaters van and went to see Berlingo selling at 54k , Anymore other brand come with 3 seaters beside partner ?

Did they bring in manual or only etg?

Semi auto .

Just came back from carshow @ expo. Berlingo is selling @ $53800. 6 NG bid. Rebate @ $10k.

SE is very keen and friendly... Price is quite good buy but never drive berlingo before.. any advise?

• Praise 2

5th Gear
(edited)

Just came back from carshow @ expo. Berlingo is selling @ $53800. 6 NG bid. Rebate @ $10k.

SE is very keen and friendly... Price is quite good buy but never drive berlingo before.. any advise?

Anyfreebies ? I think they left white only . Edited by Char
↡ Advertisement