Toyota CHR vs Suzuki Vitara vs Honda Vezel X

dnumde

Hi Gurus,

I am a layman when it comes to car so just want to gather more opinions.

My budget, physique and driving habit prompts me to opt for these CUV.

I personally dont think there is a need to discuss the appearance of the car because one mans meat is another's poison.

So more cross examination about the above cars. :)

buyers of this kind of small SUV, performance, off road capability will be most not important feature,

therefore price, reliability, FC, safety will be top priority, based on that choose one,

Edited by MQX87511
↡ Advertisement

CHR, Vezel, Qashqai. The new FL QQ looks good inside-out. 

+1

The new steering wheel looks sporty, and the tactile feel of the components look nice too.

It's a solid ride begging for a better engine.

The 1.6 TDI would have been a better match..

Anyone brought these compact SUV offroad before?

I remember during the TNP SUVivor Challenge, there was a Rush/Terios, went into the pit which was filled with muddy water. The whole interior of the car was soaked in muddy water when it was towed out. The door seals were not water tight enough to endure when submerged partially. 

I remember during the TNP SUVivor Challenge, there was a Rush/Terios, went into the pit which was filled with muddy water. The whole interior of the car was soaked in muddy water when it was towed out. The door seals were not water tight enough to endure when submerged partially. 

You want offroad, then Suzuki 4WD models should be good - have not tried them but reputation is there.

It is not full-time 4WD though, only switch on when required for offroad.

If in normal default mode, it is only FWD 

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/cars/roadtest/12979923.Suzuki_Vitara_1_6_SZ5_Allgrip/

Subaru SUVs are full-time 4WD (like old type of Audi Quattro) so good handling all the time and also useful for off road.

Edited by jg2000

Those were the days.. sadly no longer seeing those Rush/Terios Fully Off Road mod on the road :( from what i know la, i read at internet. The C-HR is supposingly the new version for Rush. But for Terios nk news yet... would be great to see those Vezel/CH-R & especially the Vitara with off-road mod in the next coming years :)

I find chr ugly. Just like the Prius.

I don't like design philosophy centred on the word "complicated"

Look at Benz c class. So clean. So charming.

If I were to choose

The new qq wins hand down. Esp in white

So I finally went to CM to check out the Vitara

At the showroom, rep said the turbo version is not available in Sg.

so anyway, I test drove the Vitara 4WD, looking more on how it drives on 4WD.

2modes for its 4WD

- Auto mode that has 60/40 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. This mode is suppose to more frugal mode.

- Sports mode that has 50/50 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. The, well should give you more traction and thus burns more fuel.

The sports mode is fun to drive, and good pick up from stationary, and can really feel the traction of all 4 wheels on the ground. Tyre profile is 215/55R17(comes with continental tyre) so there should be a great selection of tyres at affordable prices to play with grip/comfort.

during normal cruising on auto mode, exterior sound (from engine or road) is not loud to me.

Ride is smooth, firm and feels more like ride of continental cars.

Space wise, at a 1.8m, I find driver's seat and its Field of Vision very good. Even the rear seats have good legroom.

Only complain is that the engine (while rev-ing pretty responsively) does sound more strain when you get foot heavy as it goes up the gear ratio (of its 6speedAT). I didn't turn on radio during the ride so maybe if audio is on, you will feel less aware of engine noise.

The S-cross is said to have the same propulsion design, and drivetrain (for 4WD model) only diffrerence being its CVT model.
So maybe it will feel/sound more refine.

Exterior wise, the Vitara looks fun, youthful and definitely look better compared to most of Japanese sedans/SUVs.

CH-R hasn't come to Sg yet, but based on pictures, its fugly to me. How long people will (ever) accept its looks will determine its resale value don't you think?

As for Vezel, too many on the road. Road noise is definitely more noisy.
Ride wise, definitely not better than this Vitara.

If I were to get 1 of the 3 now, I will pick a Vitara 4WD.

Since you test drive 4wd, can also try Subaru new XV which just launched in Spore (yet to see in the road).

XV is full-time all wheel drive (i.e. always on) - so whether accelerator on or engine braking, all 4 wheels always being controlled by engine (like Audi Quattro system until recently Audi change that to on-demand 4wd).

You can feel the difference from normal cars.

Since you test drive 4wd, can also try Subaru new XV which just launched in Spore (yet to see in the road).

XV is full-time all wheel drive (i.e. always on) - so whether accelerator on or engine braking, all 4 wheels always being controlled by engine (like Audi Quattro system until recently Audi change that to on-demand 4wd).

I already bought FXT a few months back
  • Praise 2

eh i already seeing quite a few XV on the roads. nice car

eh i already seeing quite a few XV on the roads. nice car

Lucky you.  Have not seen any of the new model. only the older model. 

By next year perhaps no more new ones if VECS makes them not competitive. 

If you want off-roading, get XV or Vitara.. I followed my friend to Melacca to visit his pranakan family with his XV (2017 June model) last month and at highway the car consider ok ok lah. Can speed. Interior wise quite nice. When we were at Melacca, we decided to try some off-roading with the XV and surprisingly it did quite well! All thanks to the AWD system. So if those want off-road + highway XV is the choice but do take note the petrol for XV is cmi :(

went to test drive the CHR hybrid, cannot start at first, then the turbo version, pre-collision warning light came on and keep beeping....

If you want off-roading, get XV or Vitara.. I followed my friend to Melacca to visit his pranakan family with his XV (2017 June model) last month and at highway the car consider ok ok lah. Can speed. Interior wise quite nice. When we were at Melacca, we decided to try some off-roading with the XV and surprisingly it did quite well! All thanks to the AWD system. So if those want off-road + highway XV is the choice but do take note the petrol for XV is cmi :(

IMO, city driving in Singapore doesn't really need AWD or AllGrip.. BTW, FC for 4WD model are usually higher, and if u read/watch some car reviews of Vitara, most will recommend 2WD version over 4WD.

I was actually looking at some of the 4WD models, but eventually settled for a 2WD vitara instead.

What's the FC of xv?

New car should be ok

9-11km PL. depends on your foot also. If you’re those type who chiong around 7-9km PL. me & my friend managed to get max at 9.8km PL.