Stopping at Yellow Box

Revole

Onemap is showing open liao

Onemap not showing anything unless u referring to the temporary bridge. 

Construction progress as of end Aug

post-7510-0-15743800-1538497066_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Are you saying SLA is wrong?

I just drove past there last month.

So far no news of the roads opening.

Refer to the Street Directory.

post-180434-0-67707300-1538497563_thumb.jpg

The road is not opened.

Even the slip roads from KPE to TPE is not opened yet.

Onemap not showing anything unless u referring to the temporary bridge. 

Construction progress as of end Aug

post-16870-0-79483700-1538578401_thumb.png

Edited by Davidtch

attachicon.gifmap.JPG

The road is not opened.

Straight from horse mouth, SLA

Straight from horse mouth, SLA

Hi bro,

SLA may have updated in anticipation of the opening which could be real soon. I lived for for 7 years, not really long but good enough to confirm that the road is not open yet. I drive pass every single day.

Punggol has only 2 main exits/entries into TPE. The 3rd one (if you consider) if the temporary one that links to KPE and Lor Harlus.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee

Turbocharged

Bro 

This road already open for many years.

Others forumer members referring to, is the NEW Expressway that leads from TPE or KPE directly into Punggol (beside the KFC, golf course area).

This is a temporary road, while the actual one along Punggol Central is under construction and will be open in 2021 (though it's likely to be earlier based on the construction progress, refer to the photo i posted)

post-7510-0-20987100-1538617610_thumb.png

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

Maybe this is what everyone is thinking, even though you might not be happy with the current situation and yet they would still continue with the current garment? Cause no one wants or dare to change?

I think cos people feel it's a winner takes all situation and people are scared.

Example. In a company, even if management is retrenched, it is usually done gradually. Not one shot retrench all. If they do retrench all on the spot, there is a lot of company disruption, assuming the new team is starting from scratch.

So people are afraid. Cos for GRC voting the oppo means a cabinet minister out. Some are not prepared to do that.

Some also fear familiarity. How can someone lower the cost of living? It will have to come from somewhere and people worry what if they miscalculate. Example, grades are not everything. We know that. But we still tell our kids (not me I am single) to study hard and get good grades and not just do what you are good at.

Cos while we know grades are more not everything or even a guarantee of success, good grades as a way to success is something we are familiar with.

attachicon.gifmap.JPG

The road is not opened.

Even if this road is opened, tpe and kpe will still be jam pack during peak hours. The situation will be made worst when punggol is expended further. It's time to increase tpe expressway from punggol side all the way to loyang road exit from 3 lanes to 4 lanes. If they are not doing fast enough to expend the lanes, very soon Travelling during peak hours at tpe expressway will be a nightmare. For kpe there is nothing much could be done except maybe increase one more lane for drivers to enter kpe from airport road. So it will be 2 lanes merge to one lane at kpe entrance. This is so that to reduce the long queue of cars queuing to enter kpe and also queue cutters cutting in and make worst the situation for those queuing.

• Praise 1

How do you determine how replacements will not do a better job if they do not have a chance to do the job?

Some of the ideas that worked recently are actually ideas from the other side.

The minister bear some responsibilities in the traffic woes that happen from bad roads designs but the one who're creating the problems are those sitting in the LTA office coming out with road designs, policy and implementing it.

Unless there is a major shake up from top to bottom in the public service and civil service sectors, such as poor performance staffs are terminated or demoted, nothing will change nor there will be any improvements. To those in public service and civil service, their careers are iron rice bowls especially those scholars.

Even if this road is opened, tpe and kpe will still be jam pack during peak hours. The situation will be made worst when punggol is expended further. It's time to increase tpe expressway from punggol side all the way to loyang road exit from 3 lanes to 4 lanes. If they are not doing fast enough to expend the lanes, very soon Travelling during peak hours at tpe expressway will be a nightmare. For kpe there is nothing much could be done except maybe increase one more lane for drivers to enter kpe from airport road. So it will be 2 lanes merge to one lane at kpe entrance. This is so that to reduce the long queue of cars queuing to enter kpe and also queue cutters cutting in and make worst the situation for those queuing.

they are doing the expressway expansion now, also upgrading the flyover at Seletar Link with connection to the expressway, more for those upcoming Punggol Northshore residents. with the influx of residents coming in with all these expansion I don't see any much difference unless they can expand CTE and KPE also 

This is a temporary road, while the actual one along Punggol Central is under construction and will be open in 2021 (though it's likely to be earlier based on the construction progress, refer to the photo i posted)

Thanks.

Even though it’s temporary, it is still 1 of the exit to KPE. Is it so?

I rarely go to that part of Singapore

Thanks.

Even though itâs temporary, it is still 1 of the exit to KPE. Is it so?

I rarely go to that part of Singapore

Yes, it is built to allow Punggol drivers who are going into KPE, need not cramp with those who are going TPE and PIE towards airport.

Its only one lane one way. During morning peak hours, the queue could go all the way till Tebing lane. Plus those queue cutters who drives on Lane 2 and cutting in to enter the temporary road.

SG current smart level? I say 80 points :D

iq-bell-curve.gif

I thought SG going smartnation? CCTV on every lamp post, i'm sure can catch drivers who sit in the yellow box?

↡ Advertisement