Remove Bad Smell In The Car

Titank

How long is its effectiveness?

abt 1mth, but i use longer than tat....also u need chk e packaging, cos some last as long as 3 mth (w some 'sun-tanning')

• Praise 1

abt 1mth, but i use longer than tat....also u need chk e packaging, cos some last as long as 3 mth (w some 'sun-tanning')

I bought 2 types.

One is the sticky paste like kind in a container. Another is the powered type in the cloth pack.

Which one is better?

I bought 2 types.

One is the sticky paste like kind in a container. Another is the powered type in the cloth pack.

Which one is better?

i usually go 4 e pellets type (easy to clean if accidently spill or packaging break)....but by function should b e same. Also i use a small shallow boxy 'plate' to hold e packs which i put under e car seat.

often my ride will park under e hot sun...so i nvr like to buy water/paste base in-car stuff.

• Praise 3

Just 2 days ago, my daughter spilled iced milo onto car mat in car, and now the car smell like garbage truck all the time despite wiping the stain away. Realised the spilled milo seeped into the bottom of car mat after the smell was detected, maybe that is why. Really feel like vomiting the first few minutes entering the car. Took out the car mat and washed, but the car still smell very badly without the car mat.

Would like to seek help from anyone with similar experience. This is not new car smell or normal aircon mildew problem. Many thanks for helping.

PM'ed - Got suggestion to test out..

If works, will be useful to share with fellow parents of young children -- heard infant milk spit-ups can also be extremely intense.  [crazy]  [crazy]

Turbocharged

I use charcoal or baking powder to remove bad smell. Or at times I would buy pandan leaves too. Try to see which is better for you. Also depends on the type and kind of bad smell.

I will use pandan leaves to rid those roaches.

I use charcoal or baking powder to remove bad smell. Or at times I would buy pandan leaves too. Try to see which is better for you. Also depends on the type and kind of bad smell.

Supersonic

How often you change those charcoal packs?

Every month?

Is it good to put an air re freshener in the car?

Sometimes the smell will seep into the leather and dashboard. That is why hard to get rid. Use baking soda and mix with water and can put some lemon. Then use the water to wipe ur leather and dashboard.  

Neutral Newbie

If the smell is coming from a surface area like carpet, sprinkle some baking soda over the area. Let is sit overnight and then vacuum it the next day. As others mentioned, just leave an opened baking soda package like you would in the refrigerator.

Neutral Newbie

If nothing seems to work, then you should invest in a proper steam cleaning. It's helped me anytime I had to remove a bad smell or odor from my car, for example, cigarette smell.

If nothing seems to work, then you should invest in a proper steam cleaning. It's helped me anytime I had to remove a bad smell or odor from my car, for example, cigarette smell.

Agree with that, invest in a good steam cleaner like Karcher and you can basically steam everything from your house floor to your car carpet or upholstery etc.

↡ Advertisement