Apple Vs Android Vs Samsung PAY services

RadX

Turbocharged

apple pay for me, though sometimes quite hard to scan my fingerprint....

of cos lah.. you avatar is elastigirl...means your finger print will stretch when you apply force with your finger on the scanner.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I still old school  :D

with this kind of pay...... cannot be satki liao.....restaurant bill in folder come, cannot giap your CC in the folder and push to one corner wait for them to collect liao....

:grin:

Anyless you all lagi satki...giap your iphone/android phone in the folder to let them go scan..... :XD:

lol.  The security in using the thumb print recognition to pay.  I find it faster too.

less cards to carry.

I still old school  :D

with this kind of pay...... cannot be satki liao.....restaurant bill in folder come, cannot giap your CC in the folder and push to one corner wait for them to collect liao....

:grin:

Anyless you all lagi satki...giap your iphone/android phone in the folder to let them go scan..... :XD:

no..i ask them bring template i LICK....and PAY :XD:  :XD:

im sure that day will come, i send msg over to machine then voila..paid...

I still old school  

since you OLD, you stick to this kindpayment below, BUTTPay!!! hahahaha

The joke is older than Will and Grace... 

The other day, my friends and I went to a ladies' night club. One of the girls wanted to impress the rest of us, so she pulled out a $10 bill. When the male dancer came over to us, my friend licked the $10 bill and stuck it to his butt cheek! 

Not to be outdone, another friend pulled out a $20 bill. She called the guy back over, licked the $20 bill, and stuck it to his other butt cheek. 

In another attempt to impress the rest of us, my third friend pulled out a $50 bill and called the guy over. I was worried about the way things were going, but she licked the bill and just stuck it to one of his butt cheeks again. 

My relief was short lived. Seeing the way things were going, the guy gyrated over to me! Now everyone's attention was focused on me, and the guy was egging me on to try and top the $50. My brain was churning as I reached for my wallet. What could I do? I got out my ATM card, swiped it down the crack of his ass, grabbed the 80 bucks, and went home.

Hypersonic

lol.  The security in using the thumb print recognition to pay.  I find it faster too.

less cards to carry.

Then people cannot see your infinity card. How to be elite like dat? :o :o

of cos lah.. you avatar is elastigirl...means your finger print will stretch when you apply force with your finger on the scanner.. [laugh]

wahahhaa, i wish i have the ability to mimick other fingerprint, then i can fraud all the cards..

oops

MjAxMi0wMmE4N2ExNmFlMzk3OGYx.png

no..i ask them bring template i LICK....and PAY :XD:  :XD:

im sure that day will come, i send msg over to machine then voila..paid...

since you OLD, you stick to this kindpayment below, BUTTPay!!! hahahaha

The joke is older than Will and Grace... 

The other day, my friends and I went to a ladies' night club. One of the girls wanted to impress the rest of us, so she pulled out a $10 bill. When the male dancer came over to us, my friend licked the $10 bill and stuck it to his butt cheek! 

Not to be outdone, another friend pulled out a $20 bill. She called the guy back over, licked the $20 bill, and stuck it to his other butt cheek. 

In another attempt to impress the rest of us, my third friend pulled out a $50 bill and called the guy over. I was worried about the way things were going, but she licked the bill and just stuck it to one of his butt cheeks again. 

My relief was short lived. Seeing the way things were going, the guy gyrated over to me! Now everyone's attention was focused on me, and the guy was egging me on to try and top the $50. My brain was churning as I reached for my wallet. What could I do? I got out my ATM card, swiped it down the crack of his ass, grabbed the 80 bucks, and went home.

Then people cannot see your infinity card. How to be elite like dat? :o :o

Elite in MCF use cash lah.

What is infinity card??

any Samsung Galaxy S6 user here using Samsung Pay?

I can't seem to be able to find it or download it via play store.

Eligible Devices
Samsung Pay is currently available on the Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and Note5.

According to the Google play website, so long as S6 and above can.

But according to Samsung's own website, only S6 Edge Plus and above then can....

any idea?

any Samsung Galaxy S6 user here using Samsung Pay?

I can't seem to be able to find it or download it via play store.

According to the Google play website, so long as S6 and above can.

But according to Samsung's own website, only S6 Edge Plus and above then can....

any idea?

i think only 2016 S6 then can.

Hypersonic

Elite in MCF use cash lah.

What is infinity card??

Typed too fast. Should be infinite card. Go google lah. You'll find out.

• Praise 1

KNS....my 2015 S6 so fast become 2nd class citizen liao [bigcry]

I shall continue my buttswipe till S8 come... refuse to upgrade unless absolutely required.... :D

i think only 2016 S6 then can.

lucky you say earlier...of else I malu myself when I try to swipe my son's infinity card at the merchant:

unused-disney-infinity-3-0-darth-vader-w

:D

• Praise 2

MCF elite don't use infinite card.  They carry cash

Just to share, for those who are using Apple watch, you can set up Apple Pay on your watch. During payment, just double-click the side button and tap it on the reader while your phone stays in your pocket. Found it really convenient so far.

in HKG, I see people wearing normal watch (not iWatch or similan smart watch) tap onto MTR and bus also can. Is similan technology one? I see some of their watch very cheapo analogue also can.

Samsung users who have a Galaxy S6 or S6 edge may be wondering why the Samsung Pay service is not available on their phones.

Digital reporter Vincent Chang found out the reason.

Samsung Pay officially goes live today (June 16) in Singapore. But it is not supported on the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge here in Singapore, despite the fact that both phones are compatible in the United States.

It turns out that Samsung Pay in China is also incompatible with the S6 and S6 edge. Samsung Pay was launched in Australia on June 15 and its website states that Samsung Pay for the S6 and the S6 edge will be available at a later date. However, the website also says the S6 and S6 edge will work via NFC (near-field communication) and not through MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology.

MST is Samsung Pay's biggest advantage over other mobile payments like Apple Pay. This is because this technology works with traditional magnetic credit card readers. This means Samsung Pay will be available at many more retailers compared to Apple Pay. In addition, the transaction limit for MST is the individual card limit, instead of the $100 limit for contactless payment methods like Apple Pay.

We asked Samsung about the lack of Samsung Pay on the S6 and S6 edge. This was their response: "There are several factors that are taken into consideration during the production of our phone models for each market. At the time, we decided not to include Samsung Pay in our Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge models for Singapore.

"The Singapore market wasn't ready then and we knew it would take at least a year to make progress to launch Samsung Pay in Singapore. By then, we would be more than halfway through the lifecycle of the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge models.

"We've since included Samsung Pay in every subsequent flagship model including the Galaxy S6 edge+ and Note 5 as well as our Galaxy S7 and S7 edge phones."

Samsung phones that support MST have a tiny metal coil that generates the magnetic field to communicate with magnetic credit card readers. Samsung acquired this technology in 2015 by buying LoopPay, a mobile payment firm that has patented the MST technology.

Since the S6 and S6 edge do not appear to support Samsung Pay via MST outside the US, my guess is that the international variants of these phones probably lack the hardware for MST.

for the benefit of Samsung S6 user here. The real reason is mainly hardware, ie. the lack of MST that our local models are launched without. <_<

suaku. No interest.

What's the difference between taking your phone out to tap vs taking a card out to paywave/paypass?

Worst still if u switch off NFC to reduce battery drain.

Like what some people say, Double side tape your card to your phone also can what  [laugh]

me too ... no interest in this type of new payment platforms.

good old NETS / credit card for me. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

tried android pay at McDonald's, need to tap few times and really close to the device for it to work. 

I'm on Samsung Pay. On the contactless side, it's pretty much similar to other solutions.  The magic happens when you're paying at some merchants who do not have the NFC-based contactless terminal.  Payment is still possible by holding the samsung phone close to the traditional magnetic stripe reader.  

Samsung phone can generate the magnetic field needed for the reader.  That's their competitive differentiator.  I surprised a few merchants when I "tapped" my phone on their magnetic reader and they go "wah seh.. can do this ah?!?!".  Maybe not so obvious in SG but in countries where NFC terminal is uncommon, this feature is a big deal.

I feel that Android Pay is way too unsecured as there's no authentication needed.  A fingerprint authentication nowadays does not add too much inconvenience but makes a whole load of difference for security.  Loss of phone is also a major concern as whoever picks it up can immediately pay with your phone without unlocking as far as i understand.  But the lobangs offered by banks for Android Pay is better though.  maybe google got better marketing power.

Turn the NFC on only when you are about to make payment.

At least there's an added layer of security.

↡ Advertisement