2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Bro, don't worry, the real Toyota owners have nothing to prove.

If you notice, this isn't actually an 'owners thread'. Very few owners post here. And there's very little post on issues.

Just a lot of noise from folks who diss the car, and shot it down because they don't like it.

What are facts:

Negative points

It does not have the most modern features that it's rivals have in their top end models.

It costs more than the competition, and for a Thai made car, it is about 10k or even more than the other B&B Asian cars.

It is not particularly fast, safe or special to look at

For a Thai made car, the OMV is quite high, but that does not translate into a very comprehensive feature list, unlike say the Chinese/Jap import Mazda 3, the Thai Civic, the Korean duo but the 2017 version does catch up with airbags, but the feature list is still sparse.

So when the price came down not long ago for their budget model, the Eco, many buyers leapt in and bought that car at under 90k. The OMV came down thanks to the 5k CEVS. So at the right price there are many many buyers.

So what are the things these buyers want?

Surely no one wants a car without auto this, and auto that?

Well.. if you see some other threads, some buyers want to turn Off their DRL, turn off their auto start stop, stop the rattles, want more legroom, simple fast service instead of waiting for a month to fix their cars, and spend months waiting to sell their car when the time comes to upgrade to another Corolla.

So the segment of buyers is Different. The needs and wants are not what a typical MCF member wants. This is something I have mentioned before.

Some buyers want auto everything. The Corolla buyer does not camp out in MCF, asking where can he or she buy go slower spoilers, or add on more parts, then seek out go faster bits like E throttles and they do not change filters, or even upgrade their tires.

What they do is pay for the car, jump in, and drive off, never to visit this forum, except to get some pricing, what freebies to look for, and what the COE is currently.

When it's time to service, they bring it to Toyota during the first three years, and after that, they are welcome at almost any workshop, as the chap there will have very few things to service, to trouble shoot, and even replace. When something does need replacement, the owner does not scurry around different workshops looking for the cheapest spares, or even bother to drive up North to get cheaper parts because the parts are scarce or the waiting time for the AD is super long.

Very often the workshop boss will even offer to buy over the car when the owner wishes to upgrade.

As for the FC, I think the fact that very few owners come here to complain about that, is telling. No need to defend the figures or feel offended, nor slighted. The car speaks for itself.

Can it be cheaper? DEFINITELY! It's way too expensive at 120k, especially with the low feature set. But will it be in the top ten sellers year in, year out? Yes.

Right now with the uncertainty over the VES, the pricing is out of this world, no dispute on that. But ask the owners who bought in 2013 to 2015, and look back at the others who turned to budget conti cars from VW, Audi and others, and see who is laughing..

Cool lights and auto-fold is cute and I do appreciate the extra touch myself, but when it comes down to function over form, the Corolla buyer is one who chooses function, and reliability.

As always YMMV and you choose the car that you like. If you feel like you need justification for buying a car that isn't a Corolla and feel burning in your loins to diss the car, sure, we do appreciate that freedom of speech stuff, and go ahead, regale in your purchases in your own owners' threads and rejoice in your choices.

The Corolla owner is also rejoicing, but he isn't here. He is on the road, not in the workshops, here or in Malaysia.

Enjoy your cars and have a good week :)

Good price for a simple car. You bought it at the right time.

Enjoy your car and have a good week :)

Different car for different folks.

My mum in law loves hers. I wish it had the 7 airbags that the current one has, but it's a solid ride.

More rear legroom than a C Class.

agreed fully. simple and reliable car.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mazda 3?

HAHAHAHA. who the hell wan this car.

I went to Mazda. The moment I see it, I skip it, I didn't even wanna sit in it.

And I never even wanna park next to a Mazda 3. 

Mazda 3? HAHAHAHA

Edited by Junky73
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, would like to seek your advice on my booking for a Toyota Altis in Nov this year. The SE gave me a one year free service. Would like to check if that is a standard one for recent booking? As I read through the forum, it seems a 3 year free service is the normal one. Thank you.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@therock, thanks. I am checking out because my SE told me if i knew anybody got a 3 year free service for the recent booking. He would also extend my free service.

Hi, would like to seek your advice on my booking for a Toyota Altis in Nov this year. The SE gave me a one year free service. Would like to check if that is a standard one for recent booking? As I read through the forum, it seems a 3 year free service is the normal one. Thank you.

The ECO model comes with standard 1 year as compared with 3 years for Standard and Elegance.
  • Praise 2

@therock, thanks. I am checking out because my SE told me if i knew anybody got a 3 year free service for the recent booking. He would also extend my free service.

1 yr or 20k free service is the bare bones offer by Borneo. All cars have this from them have this as the bare minimum.
  • Praise 3

Come Jan 2018, the Toyota Corolla Altis will be subject to $10k surcharge under VES...  Please see attached latest Altis pricing....

PS: previous indication was that this car will be Neutral under VES but looks like it's not going to be the case... 

post-185926-0-13542100-1511871321_thumb.jpg

Come Jan 2018, the Toyota Corolla Altis will be subject to $10k surcharge under VES... Please see attached latest Altis pricing....

PS: previous indication was that this car will be Neutral under VES but looks like it's not going to be the case...

This might be the reason why bm is bringing in the vios.
  • Praise 1

Come Jan 2018, the Toyota Corolla Altis will be subject to $10k surcharge under VES...  Please see attached latest Altis pricing....

Wa, $120k altis!  [knife]

But i read that there will be a new one coming soon. Maybe the new one might enjoy some rebate and make it more sellable.

Don't think so. I find BM is trying to market Toyota as some premium brand so their price is mostly highest so the same class and the weirdest thing is, mij is cheaper than mit or mii and mii is more ex than mit.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1