2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

may I ask a noob question, what are the things included and not included in the so-called 'free servicing'? noticed quite a few mentions on foregoing part of the package.

Free

- workmanship

- car wash?

Not free

- oil?

- spark plug?...

so if I bring in my own parts, can still enjoy those items covered in free servicing?

tx

I'm not sure what exactly is included but normally should be the standard engine oil change which shld include the oil itself and labour. Wear and tear parts will not be covered.

For my friend, the only reason why he gave up was that as his is OPC with low mileage, he won't be enjoying the full service schedule and hence might as well take the $2k discount. For those who drive on avg 20k mileage annually, I would recommend keeping the service package cos 8 servicings would cost more than $2k, my 2 cents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hi bro, may I know where is your source of info? Do you get it from insiders?

bump into my ex-ride (camry) SE during motorshow, he said should be around Q2/Q3

Friend booked the existing Altis on Wed morning and they got his COE in the afternoon and based on my calculations, they barely break even on the sell price of $97,988 for elegance model (discount $2k cos he opted to forego the extra 4yrs free servicing as he bought OPC car).

Shows Borneo desperately selling the remaining Altis to usher in the new facelifted model. Strange thing is he can only get the car around mid to end Feb which makes me wonder that it shouldn't be existing stock but perhaps Borneo already committed to import the car based on previous sales commitments? Anyway I believe the new facelifted model should be on sale anytime.

97,888 for Elegance?

Borneo currently selling at 102888 for non guaranteed coe. How did your friend get 97888?

I actually booked one today. After discount is about 100k. Will the price drop further after face lift stock comes in?

97,888 for Elegance?

Borneo currently selling at 102888 for non guaranteed coe. How did your friend get 97888?

Motorshow price elegance model for $99,988 n less $2k cos he didn't want the extra 4yr servicing. This price stood even after the motorshow for few days till the Wed COE closing last week. Guaranteed COE some more n they bid $51100 fo him, so secured n now waiting for Feb delivery. But this is pre facelift model n I guess they clearing stock for the new model hence limited colours. Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

I just got offered the car today at 99988. With additional 5 year servicing free. Guaranteed coe. Haven't pay deposit yet. Should I wait for face-lift to come out first? Se told me my trade in value will drop if I wait longer. Any advice? My old car is 2009 altis.

Edited by chiamt02

Motorshow price elegance model for $99,988 n less $2k cos he didn't want the extra 4yr servicing. This price stood even after the motorshow for few days till the Wed COE closing last week. Guaranteed COE some more n they bid $51100 fo him, so secured n now waiting for Feb delivery. But this is pre facelift model n I guess they clearing stock for the new model hence limited colours.

I just got offered the car today at 99988. With additional 5 year servicing free. Guaranteed coe. Haven't pay deposit yet. Should I wait for face-lift to come out first? Se told me my trade in value will drop if I wait longer. Any advice? My old car is 2009 altis.

I'll wait cos coe is expected to drop

I said the same thing but se told me my trade in price will dropp too if coe drop. Does make sense.

I said the same thing but se told me my trade in price will dropp too if coe drop. Does make sense.I

what is yr Altis trade in value offer by BM?? Can consider selling it yourself in sgcarmart 

& I believe 8 years old Altis should be rather well valued by buyer. Sensible to buy only

if u think the current price is value for $, don't sign based on BM's `better' trade in now. 

I booked Altis during Motorshow at $99988..w/out trade in as I plan to do direct selling in 

sgcarmart  next few weeks

• Praise 1

what is yr Altis trade in value offer by BM?? Can consider selling it yourself in sgcarmart

& I believe 8 years old Altis should be rather well valued by buyer. Sensible to buy only

if u think the current price is value for $, don't sign based on BM's `better' trade in now.

I booked Altis during Motorshow at $99988..w/out trade in as I plan to do direct selling in

sgcarmart next few weeks

SE told me the price 99988 includes car trade in discount.

You got a good deal after all. What else do they offer you, just curious. I'm considering the offer.

You drive your brand new "old model" altis for just 1 or 2 months.Then you start seeing all the new face-lift altis running on the road.

If you are ok with that,then no problem at all.

The longer you wait,of cos trade in value will drop because your car coe life is getting shorter and shorter.

That's why I sometimes don't understand,some people wait for coe to drop but at the same time their car value also dropping day by day.

• Praise 2

You drive your brand new "old model" altis for just 1 or 2 months.Then you start seeing all the new face-lift altis running on the road.

If you are ok with that,then no problem at all.

The longer you wait,of cos trade in value will drop because your car coe life is getting shorter and shorter.

That's why I sometimes don't understand,some people wait for coe to drop but at the same time their car value also dropping day by day.

Your logic failed. New car's life is getting longer and longer which balances old car value dropping day by day. If can get new car cheaper three months later, there is of course net gain. Some more, new model only launch a few months later. Even if coe stays the same, getting a new model is already a gain.
  • Praise 2

Your logic failed. New car's life is getting longer and longer which balances old car value dropping day by day. If can get new car cheaper three months later, there is of course net gain. Some more, new model only launch a few months later. Even if coe stays the same, getting a new model is already a gain.

Will the face-lift model be selling at Sky high price?

Somehow I didn't see your logic leh. To compare, you need to keep certain aspect constant, like COE. If you get that old model car at $100K, you are saying with new model coming out, the old model will stay at the same price or even higher?

Your old car with lower depreciation cost will make you save money if your sell it earlier? This part I cannot be sure unless the SE is willing to take your old car at extremely high value. If this is true that he is willing to depreciate your car at more than $12K per year, that car you are buying will be dropping like crazy soon. [laugh]

Will the face-lift model be selling at Sky high price?

When a new model comes out, it will be sold at the higher price that Toyota charges for it's Corollas. If you need a car soon, then you may not be able to wait for the price to settle and promotions to appear.

On the other hand, COE may drop and hence the selling price may also fall. No one can predict that. 

Given that your car has two years to run, there is some time.

But the relative change is going to be under 10k IMO. If that amount bothers you, then take the current deal. There's no way to get everything right.

The new car has some changes in appearance and the higher end models will get the full safety suites already present in many other cars. But a lot of people will baulk at the costs of these top models and rather for leather than airbags and save. 

So it's up to you and your wallet. Cheers

I said the same thing but se told me my trade in price will dropp too if coe drop. Does make sense.

Can't really advice u cos we all have different circumstances, finances etc so to each his own. However some points to consider will be:

1) your current car any issue? BTW, my friend had a mid 2009 Altis which he traded in with Borneo n they gave him $30k so this could be a benchmark for u. Think they selling $34-$35k on sgcarmart but this are sellers/ dealers price so likely true value is in between. U could get better selling your own but they give a $1k loyalty rebate if u trade in n further $300 vouchers I think so likely u gain only abit if u sell on your own so maybe less hassle to trade in.

2)The new model is only a facelift so basic shape is there. Besides the cosmetic changes, im not sure if there are added features so really can't tell if it's worth to wait but likely price will be at least $5k more cos Mz3 is selling $5k more for their facelift model so I used this as benchmark.

The above is points for u to ponder over, good luck on your decision making!

Edited by Spring
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3