How to deal with medium to long term pain?

Windwaver

is it your sleeping posture? you tend to sleep sideways, on your right

I am not exactly sure but I think I prefer sleeping on sides (both left and right) compared to back.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

My pain is on the right side, is yours on the left?

Take collagen in what sense? Capsules?

Got so used to the level of fitness from Army that it became a habit. I used to do full marathons but have halved it already.

I am now trying massage from my wife to see how that turns out in the long term. Although I have an active lifestyle all my life (mainly running), I do not go for any form of massages at all. Maybe aging is the reason like what you pointed out.

BTW, did your doctor advice you on how to rectify a pinched nerve? Did you do a MRI to prove his point?

No MRI recommended. It's probably not life threatening or nothing can be done, that the cardiologist didnt recommend any scan.

It's on my left side.

Collagen in powder or capsule. Same same

Highly likely due to ageing process.

No MRI recommended. It's probably not life threatening or nothing can be done, that the cardiologist didnt recommend any scan.

It's on my left side.

Collagen in powder or capsule. Same same

Highly likely due to ageing process.

Hmm, I wonder the nerve that runs along the back, is it linked to the spine? The nerve goes to the chest through the arm, I wonder if that's the same for the right side.

Have you heard of Costochondritis? The symptoms are pretty similar. 

I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, lower back pain since 10 years ago. No matter what I do, my lower back is always in pain without any medication. Last month, when visiting the doctor, I told him about the pain getting more frequent and I only take the medication as and when the pain is felt.

He explained to me that my AS is like a burning flame. Only when I felt the pain, then take medication is too late. He now wants me to take it every single day and up it to twice a day. So far, it helps. I dont feel any pain at all for the past few weeks. I was afraid of being "addicted" to the medication but he assured me that the drug is ok and I wouldnt need to be "addicted" to it. I was afraid next time I would require higher dosage but he also said that it would mean the drug is no longer effective for me and he would change my medication accordingly. He would see me in 3 months and access me again.

My medication is two little blue pills per serving and taken twice a day, 12 hrs apart.

post-2654-0-67936200-1470971371_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-06775600-1470971383_thumb.jpg

Naproxen can get 550mg from JB.

Not many talk about ice. It can help with localized inflammed pain.

Edited by Kb27

I am not exactly sure but I think I prefer sleeping on sides (both left and right) compared to back.

sometimes i get same problem as you.... then i sleep on back a 1-2nights then ok liao

Naproxen can get 550mg from JB.

Not many talk about ice. It can help with localized inflammed pain.

Get from JB must pay from my piggy bank. Buy with doctor's prescription from SGH, can claim from company's medical insurance benefit. Nothing from my piggy bank. [laugh]

• Praise 4

sometimes i get same problem as you.... then i sleep on back a 1-2nights then ok liao

Finally after couple of months I seem to understand the problem.

It may sound funny but the pain might very well be a bad muscle knot deep in my back on the right side (likely Spinalis Thoracis).

For those who have followed this thread, I find that it always get more painful when I wake up. That can be explain by the muscle knotting up when I am asleep.

Another clue I got was the pain seem to get better whenever I stick my finger and hold the spot for couple of minutes.

So I started to use a tennis or rubber ball on the area for my back where the pain is and subject pressure until the pain reduces.

So far it's working well and I have started to embark on working out my back muscles.

For those who have similar experience, is the problem I am facing likely a bad muscle knot deep in my back?

Hi buddy! So you think it might be a case of bad knot in my back muscle?

Think I found the term for it

Myofascial Trigger Point

Anybody has a good way of treating the trigger point(s) other than using a tennis ball for the upper back?

good to eat calcium in large numbers follow precautions and be a walked for life is what i think is much more helpful and give you a great relief