LED light strip in headlights

skloke

Any Bro knows where to install LED light strips for headlights? It's the fad these days. I saw some vehicles having the white "eye liner" day running lights in their head lamps. Some are new cars like the Audi, Mercs, Volvo. But some are after market. Anyone knows where to install?

I bought mine online. But don't know who can install.

Your help and comments appreciated. Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

my advise is not to install any after market electrical item in your car.

you are just expose your risk to fire hazard.

Supercharged

not only that, it will only attract LTA/TP to stop you and slap with a fine.

it's illegal

Any Bro knows where to install LED light strips for headlights? It's the fad these days. I saw some vehicles having the white "eye liner" day running lights in their head lamps. Some are new cars like the Audi, Mercs, Volvo. But some are after market. Anyone knows where to install?

DIY. You can do a google or search the youtube for the video how to fix your car model headlights. You be amazed how much information is available on the Internet.

Those you saw are factory fitted.  If you do it illegally, just wait for the summon letter anytime anywhere.....

Turbocharged
(edited)

They're called daytime running lights. For those european marques you mention they are standard factory equipment that are installed permanently and not designed for handling by end user. It's not just a "fad", I believe there is a law requiring DRLs on all cars since 2011 in Europe. So all Europe marques have DRL. Most newer Japanese and Korean cars now also have them, but some don't activate them automatically.

The purpose is to increase visibility of the vehicle by making it more conspicuous in daytime. They must be properly configured so as to dim/off during night time due to glare.

As others say, aftermarket one are illegal. There are some aftermarket headlamps with integrated DRL, but it seems a lot of people like to put LED strips in their bumpers.

Edited by 7hm

They're called daytime running lights. For those european marques you mention they are standard factory equipment that are installed permanently and not designed for handling by end user. It's not just a "fad", I believe there is a law requiring DRLs on all cars since 2011 in Europe. So all Europe marques have DRL. Most newer Japanese and Korean cars now also have them, but some don't activate them automatically.

The purpose is to increase visibility of the vehicle by making it more conspicuous in daytime. They must be properly configured so as to dim/off during night time due to glare.

As others say, aftermarket one are illegal. There are some aftermarket headlamps with integrated DRL, but it seems a lot of people like to put LED strips in their bumpers.

LTA say is illegal, but if die die wanna put, then be less conspicuous lo...

Many Conti cars now have LEDS under the bumper, and hard to differentiate if aftermarket or not.. 

So if wanna install, then go for similar looks/color/white/yellow and install in same locations.. at night, hard to see what model the car is with the LEDs, so may be able to siam if TP happen to whizz by... of course colored LEDs are no no as its not std factory equipment... 

Thank you all. Good comments. I do think the DRLs helps visibility like a cloudy or rainy day. But some owners install like the Chinatown Ah Pek LED Ching Gay Bike... sure lah LTA stop. Cheers Bros.

Thank you all. Good comments. I do think the DRLs helps visibility like a cloudy or rainy day. But some owners install like the Chinatown Ah Pek LED Ching Gay Bike... sure lah LTA stop. Cheers Bros.

Will it installing this lights  (bling bling)  help me or you  find a new chiobu [gorgeous]  girl   [laugh] 

Ah Pek  pimp up their rides ; Mata don't really bother as he want's to be seen by traffic and how much can they summon at the end of the day;

Car got bigger bucks to earn one  

@Bro 7hm,

Bro, Yes you are right. DRLs are a standard requirement for Europe in 2011. That's why many conti cars comes with it. The Japs like Altis and Nissan TB and the Hyundais also have it now. So maybe the LTA will change their minds on "samaning" aftermarket ones, for sake of visibility. Cheers.

Don't waste time go and do all these. Want to have those nice DRL then buy car with DRL. What's the point of breaking the seal on those headlight and risk fire when raining and electric short circuit?

Anyway, if raining and want to have visibility then on headlight. It is not mean to take over headlight or what.

Other bros are right, LTA can catch all these after market fitment on car. Reason is simple, it could be DRL, but the angle and auto dimming function is not there, and can cause glare to other drivers. For cars with DRL, it will auto dim when headlight is switched on. Not sure about others, but for mine, once I flick the signal switch, my DRL will dim a little to allow visibility of my signal light.

My advise is keep your car stock condition. Halogen light then keep it halogen, no DRL then keep it no DRL. Go and "zhng" will make those who know what you did to make your car more up market laugh at you.

Edited by Passion
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

@Bro 7hm,

Bro, Yes you are right. DRLs are a standard requirement for Europe in 2011. That's why many conti cars comes with it. The Japs like Altis and Nissan TB and the Hyundais also have it now. So maybe the LTA will change their minds on "samaning" aftermarket ones, for sake of visibility. Cheers.

here they're illegal since LTA is concerned about aftermarket ones being improperly designed or improperly configured... whereas those by the manufacturers are correctly designed to standards and pass homologation etc.

Other bros are right, LTA can catch all these after market fitment on car. Reason is simple, it could be DRL, but the angle and auto dimming function is not there, and can cause glare to other drivers. For cars with DRL, it will auto dim when headlight is switched on. Not sure about others, but for mine, once I flick the signal switch, my DRL will dim a little to allow visibility of my signal light.

I think some like brands only dim, while others like Lexus or mine (mostly those where the DRL and signal are very close to each other) will turn off the DRL entirely until signal light is cancelled.

In my case the DRL shuts off when signal activated and fades back within a few secs after signal ends.

stock is best whether you keep it to extend coe or trade in for a new car.

if car caught fire due to modification than insurance can be void.

aftermarket drl make your car look cheapo.

↡ Advertisement