Alfa 159 Part IX (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

G_mann

these are mechanical moving parts, which will have wear and tear over time.

that's the root cause.

also, many people, who want to manage cost, replace one at a time. if you replace on leg, the next weakest leg will break as the load is transferred to it...

So where possible, replace all selespeed components at the same time.

also flush your Selespeed fluid, Gearbox Fluid...etc at least once a year.

oil and fluid degrades.........

etc etc etc

The workshop did the End of Line calibration for the 159. Touch wood, it has been running well so far.
↡ Advertisement

hey boys and gals,

just wanna leave a note got a red, OCT 2007 alfa 159 selespeed for sales, ie left 1yr plus, parf got 19k++ EOL..

working well,  tyre, battery, brake pad - new (2016 change), mounting also change liao, services by AS Peter for last 4 yrs..so all record have with them.

only thing is the display panel lighting spoil - did not want to replace, coz cost 1K+ i can see, just that at night will be hard to read.. but generally if not too bother, is fine. and car  lower backguard break a bit - not critical part, can actually tear away or put sticker,.....

good car, stylo milo..and really, only a tough brave man can handle an alfa ! if u can handle an alfa, u can drive any car..

interested pls leave a pm ya.. i looking for $500/mth (depending when you buy lah) + parf, neg... 

can even extend COE drive longer !

thanks all

Hi Guys!

Need some advise on the following;

Was driving today and suddenly the aircon stop blowing cold air and after awhile the screen flashes "Excessive Radiator Fluid Temperature. Stop And Switch Off Engine". I look over at the water temperature gauge and its MAX OUT at 130 degrees.

Stop and check the car and see the radiator water bubbling and hot steam flowing out. I think there can be a few scenarios;

1. Engine Gasket GG

2. Water Pump GG

3. Radiator Hose GG 

4. Fan GG

5. Leaking (Dunno where though)

Any fellow drivers faced the above before and can advise?  [:(]

My bypass pipe burst n gave the same problem like yours

Hi Gkhb101!

Thanks for sharing. Will check that out! I reckon the bypass pipe comes in a set right? Hows the damage like? Mind sharing? Cheers!

Hi Gkgb1010!

Thats comforting to know! May i know where did you changed yours at? Would like to pay them a visit to further diagnose the problem. Thanks!

have pm you

Hi guys. I am Kenny and I just confirmed purchase of a Dec'09 159 3.2 M today. Hope to learn more from you guys here.

Cheers

Hi Kenny!

Welcome on-board! 3.2M! Such a beast! Guess you will have loads of fun driving it all over the place! [:)]

Hi guys. I am Kenny and I just confirmed purchase of a Dec'09 159 3.2 M today. Hope to learn more from you guys here.

Cheers

Welcome... Mate! 3.2 wow!! Poisonous!!

Cheers

Grey colour?

↡ Advertisement