How do you download your photos ?

Ysc3

Twincharged

takeout card and copy... faster.

provided if one is transferring alot of pics lah .... for me i take pics for my shpts ... maybe 3 or 5 each time ... so its actually more troublesome to open and close the battery cover every time also.

so with the cable, its just a 5 sec thing to transfer 5 to 10 pics ... 

the usb port does have a rubber cover .... but its ok even if the rubber cover is dislodged coz (actually i pull out mine to get it out of the way and for faster access) it does not affect the use much. but opening and closing the battery cover very often causes more wear and tear and when the covers cannot close properly, the batteries will come loose and then, another paperweight.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

provided if one is transferring alot of pics lah .... for me i take pics for my shpts ... maybe 3 or 5 each time ... so its actually more troublesome to open and close the battery cover every time also.

so with the cable, its just a 5 sec thing to transfer 5 to 10 pics ... 

the usb port does have a rubber cover .... but its ok even if the rubber cover is dislodged coz (actually i pull out mine to get it out of the way and for faster access) it does not affect the use much. but opening and closing the battery cover very often causes more wear and tear and when the covers cannot close properly, the batteries will come loose and then, another paperweight.

So your camera still have usb port, but just no cables ?

Then just buy 10 pcs of cables and be done with.

They probably just want to save the cost of the cables and give crap excuses.

Turbocharged

I think nowadays the SD card etc transfer speed is quite fast when using direct plug in to pc. cable if i'm not wrong will be dependent on the camera? I'm using direct SD card easier for me

Juz buy 10 SD cards with wifi.  No need wire.  No need open & close cover.

unless you do an auto sync when every photo taken, if not you will still pull hair when you the search and what to download. Not to mentioned the price.

unless you do an auto sync when every photo taken, if not you will still pull hair when you the search and what to download. Not to mentioned the price.

Cable or card reader also the same.

Cable or card reader also the same.

the selection of photo from card slot in PC is much faster than wifi/cable.

• Praise 1

not all card readers are the same.

Get those card readers that are USB 3.0 and connect it to your USB 3.0 PC/laptop port.

only then you can get your photos flying off your SD cards. [laugh]

• Praise 1

So your camera still have usb port, but just no cables ?

Then just buy 10 pcs of cables and be done with.

They probably just want to save the cost of the cables and give crap excuses.

ha! save the cost of a cable that'll cost them a few dollars at most but employ a team of people to answer questions about why no cable.

Reminds me of a Murphy's Law;

"An expensive circuit will protect a $5 fuse by blowing up first"  [:p]

• Praise 2

back to downloading photos .... how do you guys download photos from your phones to your pc ??

with cables right ? but when i use a cable on my xperia, it take about 3 mins for it to load from the phone memory and that is 16gb.

i am thinking of getting a 64gb phone .... but i will really hate it when i wait for my phone to connect with the pc.

back to downloading photos .... how do you guys download photos from your phones to your pc ??

with cables right ? but when i use a cable on my xperia, it take about 3 mins for it to load from the phone memory and that is 16gb.

i am thinking of getting a 64gb phone .... but i will really hate it when i wait for my phone to connect with the pc.

Do you mean it takes 3 minute to transfer 16gb of data? roughly 88 mb/sec.. That is consider fast.. And USB 2.0 fastest theoretical transfer speed is 48 mb/sec..

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

am using Xperia with a cable too.

yes, the transfer does not seem to be blazing fast but I have gotten used to it.

• Praise 1

Are you transferring a few photos or 16gb worth of photos?

The newer phones should come with usb 3.0 so if your computer has 3.0 as well, the transfer should be quite fast.

If it is just 1 or 2 photos, just email it to yourself.

Do you mean it takes 3 minute to transfer 16gb of data? roughly 88 mb/sec.. That is consider fast.. And USB 2.0 fastest theoretical transfer speed is 48 mb/sec..

not the actual transfer .... but for the phone to connect with the pc and just load the folder screen - you know the green line on the address bar loading takes about 3 mins alone !

then the actual transfer of files will be one by one.

↡ Advertisement