Hot Hatches to consider ..

Freeder

With that budget and you want new only, I think only the coming SEAT and QV qualifies.

Stuff like 116 can forget it. Not even warm hatch.

Or 140k can buy you a used RS3 or hatch STi (with lotsa change) or Golf Roc R.

↡ Advertisement

With that budget and you want new only, I think only the coming SEAT and QV qualifies.

Stuff like 116 can forget it. Not even warm hatch.

Or 140k can buy you a used RS3 or hatch STi (with lotsa change) or Golf Roc R.

Seat cupra 290 165k thereabout. Only alfa giuletta qv is closer to ts budget. Can look at used megane rs250. I noe someone may be looking at selling.

If I were in the market for a <$14k/yr depreciation hot hatch:

2016 CTR

RS250 Man that Akrapovic tip!!! + Ohlins!

Sorry, I'm a sucker for black rims + red brembos!

Bro, only rs275 trophy/ trophy r comes with akrapovic titanium exo and ohlins. Edited by donchew76

Not bad pricing actually, 13k discount (1 year depreciation) for a 6 months old car.

The owner probably took a bigger hit when selling to dealer?

The title of the thread should be "Look hot but buay hot hatch" [;)][laugh]

Ok joking. Singapore car so gui, got 4 wheels is good liao [smash]

There are some fast Volvo variants on the road. Watch out for the T5s and T6s on straight roads.

Not bad pricing actually, 13k discount (1 year depreciation) for a 6 months old car.

2 months back , new was 145k..

No hit lei..

• Praise 3

2 months back , new was 145k..

No hit lei..

Can safely assume that dealer took in at below 130k...unless this is consignment sale...was it 145k 2 mths back?

• Praise 1

Can safely assume that dealer took in at below 130k...unless this is consignment sale...was it 145k 2 mths back?

Yes Boss..
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Guys, just came back from a driving hols where drove a golf gti. Really love the handling and simplicity of the drive. The car just goes where u want it to be regardless if its upslope or navigating tights turns.

Hoping to get one or something similar here. I've never owned any performance cars, so dunnoe where to start. Basically I wanna get used car, that is as fun and easy to drive as the Golf gti.

If I get the Golf, what are the things I need to check for? I know they are famous for the gearbox, so should I look for one that has been replaced?

Of other than golf, what else shud I consider?

oh, preferable a 5 seater.

Edited by KiaCeratoHB
  • Praise 1

Guys, just came back from a driving hols where drove a golf gti. Really love the handling and simplicity of the drive. The car just goes where u want it to be regardless if its upslope or navigating tights turns.

Hoping to get one or something similar here. I've never owned any performance cars, so dunnoe where to start. Basically I wanna get used car, that is as fun and easy to drive as the Golf gti.

If I get the Golf, what are the things I need to check for? I know they are famous for the gearbox, so should I look for one that has been replaced?

Of other than golf, what else shud I consider?

oh, preferable a 5 seater.

Can consider Ford Focus RS, Renault Megane GT, Alfa Guilleta, BMW 1 series, Mercs A class, Audi S3/RS3
  • Praise 2

Can consider Ford Focus RS, Renault Megane GT, Alfa Guilleta, BMW 1 series, Mercs A class, Audi S3/RS3

any experience on which ones would spend the least time in workshops?

↡ Advertisement