Recommendations for a commercial van

Piyopico

Would appreciate recommendations on models that are reliable and have reasonable service costs.

Looking at those that are 7 years old or more or even COE renewal type. Any particular models to check out?

Not sure if the kangos are ok or I should stick to Japanese brands.

Thanks.

Kangoos are ok if you are prepare to pay higher maintenance and servicing. I bought new and drove it for 5 years for my work until I sold it @ slightly more than 200k mileage and I really had a great time driving it. But I think you should stick to Japanese van if you are not driving it. Unlike cars there is not a single Jap van that is fun to drive in  :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sorry hijack TS's thread abit, for goods delivery, does it make more sense to buy a new van or second hand?

It's all about COE. How much depreciation per year for new or second hand ?

Commercial vehicle does not have PARF, it's $0, new or old.

If you buy a second hand that has depreciation of $9k per year in today's weather, wouldn't it be better to get a new one ?

Sometimes those asking price for second hand are ridiculous.

If you buy second hand, you need to factor in repair costs for wear and tear items.

And they are usually run to the ground with extremely high mileage when you get them.

• Praise 2

dun think there is any jap brand van that has a 5 seater version right ? 

anyone tried the ssangyong brand ? can pickup register as private use ?

Edited by Lycanthrope

It's all about COE. How much depreciation per year for new or second hand ?

Commercial vehicle does not have PARF, it's $0, new or old.

If you buy a second hand that has depreciation of $9k per year in today's weather, wouldn't it be better to get a new one ?

Sometimes those asking price for second hand are ridiculous.

If you buy second hand, you need to factor in repair costs for wear and tear items.

And they are usually run to the ground with extremely high mileage when you get them.

Noticed the depreciation for used Liteace not much difference from a new unit. Really dun make sense.

Seems new ones all come in petrol version though, no more diesel. Guess diesel FC is way better.

Noticed the depreciation for used Liteace not much difference from a new unit. Really dun make sense.

Seems new ones all come in petrol version though, no more diesel. Guess diesel FC is way better.

Commercial vans are for high mileage use, petrol is actually a stupid way to go.

You pay a lot for petrol !

Always buy a diesel version. The only negative is the extra $80 vehicle inspection for smoke test.

But you saved a lot from using diesel.

Today average's petrol is about $2 per litre. You can get $0.85 diesel at Smart, or like me find cheap "ind" diesel for $0.55.

On top of that, diesel FC is much better, generally 16km/h average and above, compared to petrol variant around 10km/h.

The cost of running a diesel engine commercial vehicle is significantly lower per year.

probably the diesel variant cannot pass the new standards. Japanese diesels are far behind contis. That's why Clown taxis no more.

Twincharged

probably the diesel variant cannot pass the new standards. Japanese diesels are far behind contis. That's why Clown taxis no more.

Not true. Else you won't have nv200 and the hiace and cabstar selling now. The newer petrols are rather fuel efficient. But like kb27 says the diesel is still more efficient. But if you don't clock major mileage then the petrol is good enough.

NV200 using Renault engine.

Most Japanese diesels are still far behind contis. That's why they need to "borrow" from contis. Suzuki also borrow from VW....

Not true. Else you won't have nv200 and the hiace and cabstar selling now. The newer petrols are rather fuel efficient. But like kb27 says the diesel is still more efficient. But if you don't clock major mileage then the petrol is good enough.

Most Japanese diesels are still far behind contis. That's why they need to "borrow" from contis. Suzuki also borrow from VW....

Hmm not really. Honda and Mazda diesels are not bad. Nothing class leading but all decent even by European standards. Just that Nissan uses Renault. Toyota is the only one more fixated on petrol and hybrids.

Yes, NV200 is a fuel economy van. My company had one, one tank travel almost 800km -900km. Maintenance better than the other van Doblo.

• Praise 1

I dont think suzuki has diesel engines for thier car range. The partnership between Suzuki & VW has soured & went wrong, the plan is called off when they found out that VW just want to milk their technologies on small cars.

Now Suzuki is having the last laugh when VW is having problems on their diesel engine scandals.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150925/BLOG06/150929867/suzuki-gets-last-laugh-and-vindication-on-failed-vw-partnership 

(edited)

Need an auto diesel for my workers.

Seems the NV200 only has manual diesel.

Any reliable van on auto diesel?

Dun expect mileage to be more than 100km a day.

Can I expect the new petrol vans on auto to go more than 15km per litre?

Edited by Piyopico

Twincharged

Need an auto diesel for my workers.

Seems the NV200 only has manual diesel.

Any reliable van on auto diesel?

Dun expect mileage to be more than 100km a day.

Can I expect the new petrol vans on auto to go more than 15km per litre?

Please buy popular vans so that you have support. You don't want down time.

dun think there is any jap brand van that has a 5 seater version right ?

anyone tried the ssangyong brand ? can pickup register as private use ?

Nissan use to sell the NV200+6. Can sit 8 people.

Am driving one now, classified as Goods Passenger Vehicle.

But seems like they stop selling liao.

And yes, the NV200 is using the 1.5dci Renault engine. Changing of oil filter is a pain in the arse, my mech always curse when he has to do that...haha.

Also driving a 9 year old VW Caddy, still running great just that engine leaking a bit of oil. The 6 speed DSG is a gem.

Edited by Fcw75

Twincharged

Nissan use to sell the NV200+6. Can sit 8 people.

Am driving one now, classified as Goods Passenger Vehicle.

But seems like they stop selling liao.

And yes, the NV200 is using the 1.5dci Renault engine. Changing of oil filter is a pain in the arse, my mech always curse when he has to do that...haha.

Also driving a 9 year old VW Caddy, still running great just that engine leaking a bit of oil. The 6 speed DSG is a gem.

Yup have seen the location of the filter . A real screwed up design by the French. One reason I'm not buying another Renault. You would have thought they you have made enough mistakes by now.
↡ Advertisement