Recommendations for a commercial van

Piyopico

I was told for NV200, Renault engine have problem, there are a few case of injector problem. Not cheap to replaced. For those always on road, best to get front engine than seat base because in case of front accident impact, your leg might be at risk for under the seat engine as nothing in front to absorb the impact. 

For diesel engine vehicle, the air filter is the next important thing that many neglect. Black smoke is common for poor combustion due to dirty air filter.  

After driving diesel liteace for 12yrs, I find it getting nosier by the day. My next van will be NV200, but will be petrol, auto version. Yearly inspection will be a breeze than the diesel load test.

↡ Advertisement

Yup have seen the location of the filter . A real screwed up design by the French. One reason I'm not buying another Renault. You would have thought they you have made enough mistakes by now.

Yep, the location of the oil filter is a joke. Have to hoist up and down and up and down. Can't they just design it like the Japanese?

To be frank when we bought the NV200 I didn't know it was using Renault engine until I bought the oil filter from the stockist.

I was told for NV200, Renault engine have problem, there are a few case of injector problem. Not cheap to replaced. For those always on road, best to get front engine than seat base because in case of front accident impact, your leg might be at risk for under the seat engine as nothing in front to absorb the impact.

For diesel engine vehicle, the air filter is the next important thing that many neglect. Black smoke is common for poor combustion due to dirty air filter.

After driving diesel liteace for 12yrs, I find it getting nosier by the day. My next van will be NV200, but will be petrol, auto version. Yearly inspection will be a breeze than the diesel load test.

Actually I find the emission test a joke. Have seen some really old lorries passing the test when it's emitting black smoke.

Yup have seen the location of the filter . A real screwed up design by the French. One reason I'm not buying another Renault. You would have thought they you have made enough mistakes by now.

Changing a light bulb in a Megane

Twincharged

you remember the battery change you did for me where you had to hammer in the connector to the battery post? another unique french design. it got loose in 2 months and gave me a shock cause the van couldnt start.

• Praise 1

For diesel engine vehicle, the air filter is the next important thing that many neglect. Black smoke is common for poor combustion due to dirty air filter.

Air filter leads to black smoke?

A dirty air filter does lead to black smoke.

Is it? Didn't know that. Thot the real culprit is the oil filter Edited by Xanavi

Is it? Didn't know that. Thot the real culprit is the oil filter

Black smoke is unburnt fuel, thus a severely clogged air filter can produce black smoke.

When you're revving the engine hard, fuel is pumped in, but not enough air, then you get black smoke.

In a diesel engine, air is free flow, so the only blockage will be the air filter.

Unlike a petrol engine, where the throttle body controls the amount of air coming in.

Black smoke is unburnt fuel, thus a severely clogged air filter can produce black smoke.

When you're revving the engine hard, fuel is pumped in, but not enough air, then you get black smoke.

In a diesel engine, air is free flow, so the only blockage will be the air filter.

Unlike a petrol engine, where the throttle body controls the amount of air coming in.

Bo wonder I no black smoke before. Because I always suka suke take out and blow with compressed air. And change every servicing.

Bo wonder I no black smoke before. Because I always suka suke take out and blow with compressed air. And change every servicing.

choke air filter will cause black smoke, but very low % same as fuel and oil filter.

most of the black smoke which u see from diesel vehicle is left over carbon in the exhaust. esp those with turbo, cause most driver when they shift gear , they dun rev the rpm high enough result in carbon struck in exhaust. 

before inspection if u know wat to to, just push water hose into exhaust and clear the carbon out. or just buy some anti smoke and find some ulu road and ram till all the carbon clear.

some old vehicle die die cannot pass 1, have to find workshop to fix the fuel pump/ injector

• Praise 1

Heng j still driving euro 2 old pigkarp :grin:

Before inspection, wash the a**hole abit :XD:

Normally I go somewhere to red line for a while

• Praise 1

Normally I go somewhere to red line for a while

Hahaha me too!

Now surely this is a most apt pic :XD:

a1406737dd8657c4abd8699d17e5940f.jpg

Newer vehicles not suitable to push water hose into exhaust due to the DPF.

Wow. Push water hose into exhaust to clear black smoke before inspection.

I learn something new here everyday.

If I get a diesel van, I might just try this. Hope it works on vans above 10 years old.

Wow. Push water hose into exhaust to clear black smoke before inspection.

I learn something new here everyday.

If I get a diesel van, I might just try this. Hope it works on vans above 10 years old.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, sorry to hijack this topic as i cant start a new topic. Just to check with you guys, can a G plate commercial vehicle have chair at the back to let people sit? Cos i asked around and i get is G plate cannot have people sitting behind.

However i did saw some van from government agency with a G plate but have chairs fix in the back to transport people..

(edited)

Hi all, sorry to hijack this topic as i cant start a new topic. Just to check with you guys, can a G plate commercial vehicle have chair at the back to let people sit? Cos i asked around and i get is G plate cannot have people sitting behind.

However i did saw some van from government agency with a G plate but have chairs fix in the back to transport people..

A1) cannot install seat. But I know some vans perpetually transporting the same sofa. I wonder why :grin:

A2) can have workers to sit behind. Please note: workers are a subset of people

A3) see below

17512.jpg

:XD:

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement