Recommendations for a commercial van

Piyopico

Hypersonic

By right not allowed. By left just don't get caught.

Been driving a van with sofa behind for 9 years plus.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My previous job i also had sofa on my van, but my current boss is asking whether there is any G plate van which can ferry people behind, with the seats bolted in..

(edited)

Hi all, sorry to hijack this topic as i cant start a new topic. Just to check with you guys, can a G plate commercial vehicle have chair at the back to let people sit? Cos i asked around and i get is G plate cannot have people sitting behind.

However i did saw some van from government agency with a G plate but have chairs fix in the back to transport people..

Check the onemotoring website lo. Usually it might not be an issue of "can" or "cannot" but the issue on safety. For example if your van is fitted with seats but it doesn't have seat belts installed for the rear passengers the van driver must adhere to the 60km/hr speed limit even if the speed limit on the highway is 70km/hr.

Ppl always give the wrong interpretations (especially those O level Engrish score F9). Best is to read from the onemotoring website to decide for yourself. You tiagong this hero say this and you tiagong that hero say that, so who is right?

I read about an accident involving a van. Not bluffing you. All the rear passenger perish. Only driver survive. This kinda thing tells you something. Cargo van is not design for carrying passengers. The safety to rear passengers is non existent. It's a big risk you are taking. It's not whether "can" or "cannot. It's not about how much the summon if kenna caught. It's the lives of your passengers that you have to keep in mind.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic
(edited)

My previous job i also had sofa on my van, but my current boss is asking whether there is any G plate van which can ferry people behind, with the seats bolted in..

Actually there was.

I have a NV200+6. It was sold by Tan Chong in 2011 but now no more.

There are actually 6 bolted on seats in the rear with rear aircon.

It's classified as GPV.

post-1829-0-10738600-1491570344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Check the onemotoring website lo. Usually it might not be an issue of "can" or "cannot" but the issue on safety. For example if your van is fitted with seats but it doesn't have seat belts installed for the rear passengers the van driver must adhere to the 60km/hr speed limit even if the speed limit on the highway is 70km/hr.

Ppl always give the wrong interpretations (especially those O level Engrish score F9). Best is to read from the onemotoring website to decide for yourself. You tiagong this hero say this and you tiagong that hero say that, so who is right?

I read about an accident involving a van. Not bluffing you. All the rear passenger perish. Only driver survive. This kinda thing tells you something. Cargo van is not design for carrying passengers. The safety to rear passengers is non existent. It's a big risk you are taking. It's not whether "can" or "cannot. It's not about how much the summon if kenna caught. It's the lives of your passengers that you have to keep in mind.

What you say is very true. Will talk to my boss about this

(edited)

Again it boils down to who is driving. If you are also driving it, buy conti for shiokness. If others driving, buy Jap for perceived lower maintenance costs.  :D

The CG and height of van already higher than passenger cars. You don't want to have twisting chassis feel when cornering. :D Ownself drive, must have passenger car feel.

Can consider like Opel Vivaro. Cup corner better than many passenger cars or Renault Traffic (also used as ambulance).

If boss asks me, I will request for this:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11847

[laugh]

No worry about illegal rear sofa seats. Weekends can use as family transporter. 

Edited by Kangadrool

(edited)

Hi guys I am also looking for a small van for my daily transport but can't find any small jap van. Last week I thought I finally found the van I want. Toyota proace so happy but.....the engine is from psa dang!!!

I think I pretty resign to the fact I had to buy a euro van.

My shortlist is down to caddy 6dsg proace and nv200.

Caddy seems best to drive around in and it comes with strong warranty 5yrs 250k where the fake japs come standard in 3yrs 100k warranty.

So I abit incline towards caddy.

Anyone who got any experience or horror maintenance story of caddy or advice on my selection are free to comment!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Fri13th

Hi guys I am also looking for a small van for my daily transport but can't find any small jap van. Last week I thought I finally found the van I want. Toyota proace so happy but.....the engine is from psa dang!!!

Caddy seems best to drive around in and it comes with strong warranty 5yrs 250k where the fake japs come standard in 3yrs 100k warranty.

Anyone who got any experience or horror maintenance story of caddy or advice on my selection are free to comment!

Thanks in advance!

See this

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11795

• Praise 1

Oh yah I saw that every in the flesh new 1 but it feel so toy car to me and small/light dun really feel safe and I scare if accident will be very jialat.

I stand beside push abit the van like easily tilt 1 side and I think 2 men will easily topple it lol cup corner think I think will be very scary

Hypersonic

A1) cannot install seat. But I know some vans perpetually transporting the same sofa. I wonder why :grin:

A2) can have workers to sit behind. Please note: workers are a subset of people

A3) see below

17512.jpg

:XD:

sofa-com-van-in-detail.jpg

NV 200 is not Euro van leh...it's Nissan. Perhaps you should consider Renault Kangoo

Are you kidding? The NV200 is based on the Nissan B Platform. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_B_platform

Becoz of the Nissan Renault alliance they co develope the platform and share it in cars like Captur, Clio and Twingo.

It's an Euro van underneath that badge.

• Praise 1

Are you kidding? The NV200 is based on the Nissan B Platform. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_B_platform

Becoz of the Nissan Renault alliance they co develope the platform and share it in cars like Captur, Clio and Twingo.

It's an Euro van underneath that badge.

But the actual car in terms of finishing in the interior is very different with the Renault. I guess for no frills and price maybe the NV 200 is another option

Hypersonic
(edited)

Thanks in advance!

The new Caddy comes with 7 speed DSG, no more 6 speed DSG.

Anyway, the Caddy I have been driving for almost 10 years also got gearbox problem liao. So 6 speed DSG also will breakdown..

NV200 I also have one...haha. Using Renault 1.5dci engine. My 60K servicing at tan chong with change of timing belt, tensioner and water pump and clutch overhaul is.............$1490!  [knife]

They actually told me need to change engine mountings and fan belt & tensioner too. But I did them outside in the end.

Bleeding to death liao...

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

The new Caddy comes with 7 speed DSG, no more 6 speed DSG.

Anyway, the Caddy I have been driving for almost 10 years also got gearbox problem liao. So 6 speed DSG also will breakdown..

NV200 I also have one...haha. Using Renault 1.5dci engine. My 60K servicing at tan chong with change of timing belt, tensioner and water pump and clutch overhaul is.............$1490! [knife]

They actually told me need to change engine mountings and fan belt & tensioner too. But I did them outside in the end.

Bleeding to death liao...

Bro I hear u say like this I also sweating siah lol

But ur caddy problem after driving 10yrs ok la not many autobox can drive 10yrs problem free.

Also the nv200 has been a very old model already I hear the engine after 3 yrs pattern all start come out