Venga for fas president

Spurman

GAS represent Singapore. So any debates should be opened to public. Why should the committee be selected by a small group of people?

The worst is that they have never perform well despite the funds being pumped in by the government.

Let the people who love the sport be part of it and not those out to gain recognition.

Turbocharged

I like football, but more foreign than local. Still, if we dont support local, who will, right?

I've actually met a few ex-internationals as my uber drivers and they are also part time coaches. Their views are all reflected by venga, especially about foreign coaches. They strongly believe its many steps backwards every time a foreigner is appointed and fas is clueless.

I'm trying to give a balanced view on this.

It shouldn't be a debate on local or foreign is better. Both can work together if they put their egos aside n be committed to the cause.

Some of the foreign coaches have experience in setting up a base for talent spotting, coaching etc. Sablon is definitely qualified as seen from his success with Belgium. He alone can't move mountains so he needs assistants. Obviously, a couple of like minded foreign coaches who are on the same page with him is required to implement his ideas n likewise local coaches who understand the local culture, mentality, eating habits n even religious practices like Puasa etc is needed to compliment the strengths of the foreign coaches.

Trouble is some of the foreign coaches think they know everything n they esp fail to understand that our local environment doesn't put sports at the top of our priorities so this needs to be inculcated n coaxed persuasively to achieve a paradigm shift which admittedly is not easy.

Local coaches on the other hand r sometimes too egoistic n refuse to learn from their more experienced counterparts esp in areas like organisation in schools n youth levels, latest tactics etc. So in short, we will continue to be unsuccessful if everyone continues to pull in different directions n that is where FAS comes in to hopefully pull everyone together n mend any cracks when they start to appear. So I sincerely hope that the new council will be successful in achieving this n may we follow in the footsteps of Uruguay who has an even smaller population but have been very successful in the football world, Jiayou Singapore

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3