Wifi EGG (MIFI)

Transpasser162

Hi there, i'm going to Seoul next week, as i have my own wifi EGG, can i just buy the SIM card & use it on my EGG? I've email KR & EG but both reply their SIM card only usable on mobile phone. Please help thanks.

↡ Advertisement

http://pocketwifikorea.com/

Can rent their egg.

i already have my own wifi egg, hence just need a sim card. 

dont see why a sim card can use in phone and cannot use in the portable wifi...  

i also have one.. and never had any issues .. 

Have you tried on a korean network? Or is it just insert the sim card into the EGG and do the setting then i can use already?

Supercharged

what's the advantages over just using your HP as a wireless hotspot?

1) battery drain

2) cannot keep own sim on roaming, missing out on calls and other essential phone services linked to your own sim

• Praise 2

Hi there, i'm going to Seoul next week, as i have my own wifi EGG, can i just buy the SIM card & use it on my EGG? I've email KR & EG but both reply their SIM card only usable on mobile phone. Please help thanks.

obviously they trying to pull a fast one. a SIM card is a SIM, dun see how it cannot be use on the egg.

• Praise 1

Are you on M1? If yes, can try their data passport easy and convenient, don't need to bring MIFI.

https://www.m1.com.sg/datapassport

i have tried kimchi egg, sushi egg, my own egg (huawei portable wifi) and then buy sim card on arrival

after trying so many egg ... i realise Changi Recommend is the BEST [thumbsup]

renting egg ... sibei leceh must go post office to collect and then return by dropping through mail

using own egg ... on arrival must go buy sim card ... compare pricing ... register using passport .... long Q

communication problem with anionghaseyo and sumimasen

Changi Recommend ... this one really meet LSS tagline ... cheaper, faster, better

collect and drop off at changi ... 1st day free (if red eye flight no advantage ... lol)

post-7984-0-01925800-1471416081_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

obviously they trying to pull a fast one. a SIM card is a SIM, dun see how it cannot be use on the egg.

some SIMcards are locked.

NOT allow to use in wifi egg.

And in some Country, Android phone can use as tethering. Iphone cannot tether.

(vice versa)

S.Korea got a lot of funny comms regulations for visitors. That's why you see they have so many type of communication device rentals, even sim card also can rent. Then there's the language barrier. Can make you want to give up altogether.

Wt_know is right. Changi Recommends may have the best option.

Edited by Watwheels

i already have my own wifi egg, hence just need a sim card. 

Have you tried on a korean network? Or is it just insert the sim card into the EGG and do the setting then i can use already?

i did.. showed them my huawei... they gave me the right card.. no issues.

my portable wifi was bot in optus auzzie btw

My own experience in Korea about 2 years ago. I bought the SIM card through http://www.egsimcard.co.kr/eng/buy-eg-sim-card/online/buy-egsimcard.asp, fuss free and collected it from a (magazine?) shop at Incheon.

I had a cheapo Lenovo phone from Qoo10 that I use as a spare and intended to use as a wifi hotspot. It has a SingTel prepaid card which works fine but when I put the EG sim card in it, it connects for less than a second then disconnects. Tried turning on/off airplane mode to connect again but this always happens.

My wife has an LG phone from Singtel so I tried it on her phone. After I swap her sim card with the EG one, surprisingly it boots up in Korean but managed to change the language back to English. Network connects fine on her phone. I think the card will try to download some network setting and disconnect if it's not compatible.

Turbocharged

if you want to use their local sim card on your existing phone, must make sure your phone supports the local frequency bands.

Some SIMs (dependent on country and operator) also do not allow tethering so if your intention is to tether for family use, then you might hit a snag. I am not sure how the operator will know if the SIM is being tethered.

Hypersonic

Seoul is easy to get free wifi. Even on the street got wifi. Unless you are heavy user, don't really need to get any data sim card.

• Praise 1

Seoul is easy to get free wifi. Even on the street got wifi. Unless you are heavy user, don't really need to get any data sim card.

need to play pokemon leh

↡ Advertisement