• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 41 praises

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Bossbthk
  • Premium member
    Bossbthk
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I recently changed a set of rims from a workshop. 

i was assured that the set of rims i have chosen PCD 5 x 113 are able to fit my ride of PCD 5 x 112

after which after fixing, i felt the right front wobbling ... despite wobble nuts and fitting center ring...  

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

Strat
  • Premium member
    Strat
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i was assured that the set of rims i have chosen PCD 5 x 113 are able to fit my ride of PCD 5 x 112

after which after fixing, i felt the right front wobbling ... despite wobble nuts and fitting center ring...  

you kenna con by workshop...different pcd how to fit.

better go back to workshop and ask for refund or correct size PCD..

Beregond praised this

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Conversion plates.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Wallaw819
  • Premium member
    Wallaw819
    4th Gear
    Author Image

So far never come across 5 x 113 before. Sure the pcd is correct?

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Raychay
  • Premium member
    Raychay
    5th Gear
    Author Image

114.3 is it?

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

Bossbthk
  • Premium member
    Bossbthk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

114.3 is it?

pcd 5 x 113... because it is a new type of RIM manufactured to fit 112 and 114.3 
The thing is ... the left front felt planted. But the right on speed 70, 80 and 90km/h has slight and numb vibration on the steering wheel

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Edited. Actually different PCD cannot fit properly. Best is to avoid.

Edited by Watwheels, 18 August 2016 - 07:16 PM.

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Bossbthk
  • Premium member
    Bossbthk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

hmmm offset and all pretty decent. just that i was explained by them on the PCD would not make a significant difference. 
Balancing & alignment all okie. hence i don't understand why only the right front vibrates instead of both the front vibrating. 

left front is good. 

Pardon me i can't mention the workshop name. i don't want to discredit them also. Just the ding dong is bit irritating. 
i may ask them to replace me a set of rim with the right PCD. Just that i have to forego the chosen design. 

Just want to raise this in forum to see if anyone has similar issue and solution.

They are quite good chaps also. willing and patience to rectify my problem.  

Thanks fellow chaps for the inputs.

Regards,

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmmm offset and all pretty decent. just that i was explained by them on the PCD would not make a significant difference.
Balancing & alignment all okie. hence i don't understand why only the right front vibrates instead of both the front vibrating.
left front is good.

Pardon me i can't mention the workshop name. i don't want to discredit them also. Just the ding dong is bit irritating.
i may ask them to replace me a set of rim with the right PCD. Just that i have to forego the chosen design.
Just want to raise this in forum to see if anyone has similar issue and solution.

They are quite good chaps also. willing and patience to rectify my problem.

Thanks fellow chaps for the inputs.

Regards,

Please share with me the name, at least i know where to avoid

Pcd small diff also cannot. Unless stated in manual book
Beregond and Volvobrick praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Raychay
  • Premium member
    Raychay
    5th Gear
    Author Image

pcd 5 x 113... because it is a new type of RIM manufactured to fit 112 and 114.3 
The thing is ... the left front felt planted. But the right on speed 70, 80 and 90km/h has slight and numb vibration on the steering wheel

Never heard of such a thing!

My 1st 2nd hand car which had new rims and tyres also had vibrations at 80-90km/h.

Brought it to a tyre shop and found out that the car dealer used wrong PCD 4x100 instead of the correct 4x98, which was hard to find.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:22 AM

Juzzme
  • Premium member
    Juzzme
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wobble bolts are quite commonly used overseas. I've run these for years without issues. 1mm correction is well within limits. But I used quality wobble bolts from BBS. Of the 5 holes, one is fitted with a normal bolt. The other 4 are wobble bolts, each tightened to the exact same torque.
Volvobrick praised this

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

Wallaw819
  • Premium member
    Wallaw819
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wobble bolts are quite commonly used overseas. I've run these for years without issues. 1mm correction is well within limits. But I used quality wobble bolts from BBS. Of the 5 holes, one is fitted with a normal bolt. The other 4 are wobble bolts, each tightened to the exact same torque.

Yup can use wobble nut for slightly different pcd (I think <2mm) but must remember to use hubcentric ring if the CB is not exactly the same.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

Bossbthk
  • Premium member
    Bossbthk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

oh crap ... they used all 5 ... basket ... but i can't explain why the front felt smooth ... while the front right has that irritating vibration through the steering wheel... 

To further elaborate. Rear staggered, without wobble nuts.  they use it in the front to minimise the vibration 

Yup can use wobble nut for slightly different pcd (I think <2mm) but must remember to use hubcentric ring if the CB is not exactly the same.

i have doubts with the center ring also ... but when i inspect... it seems fitting... 
really scratching the head for an answer .. 

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

Williamhha
  • Williamhha
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Is all the 4 tires same size? If same size, than swap the front right with the rear right to see if it still have the vibration feel. if still the same than it might not be the rim liao. B'cos if vibration is due to PCD, than both front wheels should be vibrating not only 1 side.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wobble bolts is OK

BUT , it does not work on any wheels

only known brands using or approved to use wobble bolt is OZ / BBS (because is stated in their Product book/ box , and usually they will supply together with the wheels)

same applies to

I have seen online selling wobble bolts , they are selling you the product and will not care about what and how you use them and what the consequences.

be a smart Consumers

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my simple mind tells me

112 means 112

113 means 113

just me.  [:)]

Beregond and Volvobrick praised this
focus

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

5x113 is really something new here

wobble bolts is around for may be 5 years or longer

saw them from wheels like BBS and OZ  PCD 5x110/112  5x100/98 4x100/98

and these usually came complete with the new wheels from wheel manufacturer

It applied to the same for Wheel spacer which come complete or optional from wheels manufacturer (you are safe)

I will suggest the Said car owner go back the shop who sold you the 5x113 wheels for his Advice (because they are the seller supposed to take care of this issue) which they can refer it to their supplier or Manufacturer for further study

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

Bossbthk
  • Premium member
    Bossbthk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

done ...case close ... fall back to a rim with 5x112. 

instantly less vibration felt through the steering... 

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Stooky
  • Stooky
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone installed 5x113.1 rims on car with pcd 5x114.3? Tyre shop told me 5x113.1 rims are design to fit 114.3 and 112. How does it work?

Edited by Stooky, 05 July 2018 - 09:54 PM.

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It works by going to another shop. Period.
Doppel praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Eng Wah Tyre & Battery

Eng Wah Tyre & Battery  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by thanlwinb  |  Neutral Newbie

I went for tyre & Rim change yesterday and quickly drawn in by genuine nature and professionalism of the owner (I think is Vincent) and his staff. I was given impartial and professional advises even outside of the specific repair job I was doing yesterday. Nice to be becoming friends with a guy like Vincent. My family has two cars and definitely this will be the shop we... » Read More

AutoSprint Pte Ltd

AutoSprint Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by BennyEd  |  2nd Gear

Have my servicing with Autospring... I shall say I am really impressed by their amazing customer service! Rarely come across such a clean and safe working environment! They have a superb customer lounge for you to relax and have some coffee while waiting for the car to be done! Thank You Mr Bryan, Thank You Mr Thomas & Thank You AutoSprint Staff! » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Tyres & Rims

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, pcd 5 x 113 and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users