Repair of Convection Oven Built In (Kitchen)

BanCoe

Any bro's or siss's know of any oven repairman whom does repairing of ovens as mine cannot see the brand as the brand name already scratched out and I don't have the Invoice either too;  Never used for so long also (Picture Enclosed)

Don't know if its better to change to a new one rather 

Tks In Advance for any inputs 

post-157298-0-92415200-1471577464_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Any bro's or siss's know of any oven repairman whom does repairing of ovens as mine cannot see the brand as the brand name already scratched out and I don't have the Invoice either too;  Never used for so long also (Picture Enclosed)

Don't know if its better to change to a new one rather 

Tks In Advance for any inputs 

I would just change.

If u never used your oven for too long, it tends to spoil. I'm not sure what's the reason. But i was told to use mine at least once a month if not weekly.

I would just change.

If u never used your oven for too long, it tends to spoil. I'm not sure what's the reason. But i was told to use mine at least once a month if not weekly.

I think mine's been hibernating for a year by now for sure  [bigcry]

i think easier to just change.....need to take out your measuring tape to measure though before you go shopping.

But then again, if you have not used it for > 1 yr.... do you really need it?

^_^

• Praise 1

What's wrong with the oven? Does it trip whole house power when turned on? If it does, then it is the moisture in the heating elements. Cheaper to replace them.

Pull out the oven and check the backside [laugh]  see what brand and model number

If replace the whole oven, get something slightly smaller for better ventilation

• Praise 2

What's wrong with the oven? Does it trip whole house power when turned on? If it does, then it is the moisture in the heating elements. Cheaper to replace them.

Pull out the oven and check the backside [laugh]  see what brand and model number

If replace the whole oven, get something slightly smaller for better ventilation

Ants were trying to build their colony/nest around the small seams around my oven enclosure  [:|]

i think easier to just change.....need to take out your measuring tape to measure though before you go shopping.

But then again, if you have not used it for > 1 yr.... do you really need it?

^_^

yeah precisely.

Those countertop convection ovens can probably do 70-80% of what these built in convection ovens can do except for consistent temperature during baking and the volume difference.

Edited by Lala81

just change. now built in ovens $200+ can get liao... if you want can replace cook and hob, oven become free.

I bought my Brandt set from Mega Discount at Kallang.

no it does not trip the house;

only the top part heats ups (the elements are exposed)  

My apt is tenanted ; yes I might have to certainly do that by pulling out by FS to see the BS [laugh]

just change. now built in ovens $200+ can get liao... if you want can replace cook and hob, oven become free.

that's cheap. Mine was 600+ from Bosch.

• Praise 1

Huh really? I thought they cost at least about $400 minimum ; i know they always have offers when you buy 3 components together so they have economies of scale

I think mine's been hibernating for a year by now for sure  [bigcry]

Actually. don't have to bake or cook anything. Just power on and let it run for a while. 

Actually. don't have to bake or cook anything. Just power on and let it run for a while. 

oh ? Ok let me try it ; so far can feel only the heat of the top exposed element below and sides don't have element wire running

Normally is the heat coming from how many sides usually?? Wall side is a fan of course

oh ? Ok let me try it ; so far can feel only the heat of the top exposed element below and sides don't have element wire running

Normally is the heat coming from how many sides usually?? Wall side is a fan of course

Most convection ovens have 2 heating elements.

1 bottom 1 above. Bottom is concealed.

It depends on the setting knob. U can switch on 1 or both elements on.

• Praise 1

Most convection ovens have 2 heating elements.

1 bottom 1 above. Bottom is concealed.

It depends on the setting knob. U can switch on 1 or both elements on.

Some also have heater in the fan.

I'm away for 6 months at a time.

When I come back I usually start the oven fan only with no temp.

After 5 mins I increase the temp slowly so the over 'dries out' if that is what causes the tripping.

But make sure that the ring main the oven is attached to can take 15 amp plus load.

Some ovens have this cleaning phase. Which the oven goes into it's maximum temperature for more than 1 hour. 

Actually it's been shown to be a major reason for an oven becoming spoilt. So please don't use it lol  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement