A Good Sales Person Or An Excellent Product

Yeobt

Do you believe that a good sales person can sell anything or an excellent product that could sell by itself even without a good sales person?

well, my company was looking to upgrade our company phone system. my boss already have something in mind and wanted to know

more about this particular brand. at the same time, my boss also wanted to compare other brands in the market. this is natural right?

so we started to call the phone sales dept and making appointments for them to meet us in our office. most of the sales person that

came to us are sincere with our biz and have a not too bad products too. but too bad, they were not what my boss wanted. so we

put them on a KIV file. we still haven't get to meet the sales person from the particular phone company my boss wanted after meeting

all the other phone sales person after 3 weeks. we were told that they can't schedule an appointment sooner becos they are too busy.

ok, then the sales man came after 3 weeks. a short presentation, blah blah, and he goes. the sales man doesn't seen to be interested

with our sales becos of our small office and the products are expensive. but my boss still decided to buy from him.

so, do you upgrade yourself to be a good sales person or upgrade the value of your product to close a deal? (can only choose one)

juz my thought.

For this case.

It's neither.

Both probably just met the basic expectation of your boss.

It's the marketing that have done the right job.

Created a right brand positioning for the product.

↡ Advertisement

well there are good sales intimidating technic. Down right insulting but works every time.

Sales - welcome to XXX showroom, this is the new XXX .. going for 125,800

Buyer - nice. Whats the discount like and can I test drive

Sales - Our car dont need test drive one... if you have the intention, just put your name down and we can bid for you the COE. Why dont you take your time to see other cars first. When you ready to decide, I will attend to you

Buyer - ( feeling a bit maloo and having cold shoulder and trying to proof a point ) okey.. when can I take delivery.

Sales - ( still trying not to sell because this month quota filled ).. our cars quite best selling. you got money also have to wait for factory to build. take time. (homogation also held by LTA)

Buyer - (feeling uptight ) ok. let me see the sales contract and the Loan and we can discuss about the sales.

good proven product with long history and loyal customer speak louder than the salesperson, who needs to test drive a merc?

me... I test all class of merc.. for the fun of it.  cos I cannot afford to buy one.

In sg, one has to check specs online, check forum, ask frens, colleagues, pet goldfish, etc in order to do product research b4 buying coz the product knowledge of many sales ppl simply suxs big time....

• Praise 1

just now i went woodlands...several salons there selling the matrix biolage shampoos

i asked 1 salon on your behalf..she said selling $27 (maybe 300ml?)

dunno i good sales man or product good (though they never tried before) first time visit them.

I sold items to 2 salons today

ownself praise ownself here lolx

alamak..............thanks man bro...................you so sweet de................love you deep deep............. :wub:

you are the humson and humsup belly good salesman mah.................they are the very like you customers mah..............so deal match deal done............... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Supercharged

do you feel offended when...

salesman - sir, looking for something?

buyer - err, i'm looking at your new massage chair.

salesman - come, you can try this.

after trying, the salesman says...

sales - this new model costs $5,500. don't worry, you can pay by instalment if you have a credit card. 

does the above conversation suggested that the salesman thinks you cannot afford the new massage chair or do you think the

salesman was just trying to share an option?

just a thought. [;)]  

maybe the buyer has a min spending quota to hit for that month leh, just like the simi atas american express card.  [:p]

as far as I know...................many retail buyers..............those with chain stores and departmental stores...........have a budget to buy every month............and they have to finish that budget...............otherwise if sales no good they kena blame for not enough stock to sell............... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

me... I test all class of merc.. for the fun of it.  cos I cannot afford to buy one.

at least you get to test.................I walk into Merc showroom until walk out................also nobody chap siao me............. <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

at least you get to test.................I walk into Merc showroom until walk out................also nobody chap siao me............. <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

Haha, may not be a bad thing, to me I prefer walk around and look look here look look there, hate got people follow me around and watch me. If I really interest to test/buy, then I will look for a SE for that, before that, please leave me alone~ haha

Anyway, a good sales person able to sell you an ordinary product, or seal the deal with you. He/she actually able to transfer what you "want" to become what you "need" :) That's what I felt for good sales person, especially for car sales agent. :)

Only an excellent product (not only good, but excellent) product can sell by itself :)

Edited by kcng
  • Praise 1

sales - this new model costs $5,500. don't worry, you can pay by instalment if you have a credit card. 

does the above conversation suggested that the salesman thinks you cannot afford the new massage chair or do you think the

just a thought. [;)]  

I never get offended.

I just say my credit card

got potong by bank so

cannot afford.

:D

• Praise 1

just a thought. [;)]  

Depends on the tone la. But I think not wise to bring up the instalment part so early. Maybe just mention later on.

i read some ppl here went to buy another brand car just becos the car that they wanted to buy had a very bad sales person.

situational?  [:|]

if sales service oredi no good, it's usually assumed to be same or worse when comes to aftersales / warranty period. so there.

i haven't committed to any ride but i'd skip certain models due to not too pleasant experience w se.

well there are good sales intimidating technic. Down right insulting but works every time.

Sales - welcome to XXX showroom, this is the new XXX .. going for 125,800

Buyer - nice. Whats the discount like and can I test drive

Sales - Our car dont need test drive one... if you have the intention, just put your name down and we can bid for you the COE. Why dont you take your time to see other cars first. When you ready to decide, I will attend to you

Buyer - ( feeling a bit maloo and having cold shoulder and trying to proof a point ) okey.. when can I take delivery.

Sales - ( still trying not to sell because this month quota filled ).. our cars quite best selling. you got money also have to wait for factory to build. take time. (homogation also held by LTA)

Buyer - (feeling uptight ) ok. let me see the sales contract and the Loan and we can discuss about the sales.

i'll change salesman if i somehow need that particular model. then i'll smile at him when i'm with another salesman on the next occasion.

else, i'll not shortlist that make's models.

if really felt intimidated, just walk away. the process aren't likely to be pleasant anyway..

i thot i very xiao, u xiao-er than me.. cos i test drive quite "frequent" during these 1-2 yrs, perhaps some se oredi recognized me liao..

in the end, still haven't commit..

So many people here get offended

if people say they have no money.

In my case its true and I am so used

to it. No big deal to me.

• Praise 3

if sales service oredi no good, it's usually assumed to be same or worse when comes to aftersales / warranty period. so there.

i haven't committed to any ride but i'd skip certain models due to not too pleasant experience w se.

Yes, last time I skip Mitshubishi and choice Mazda also because of this, the sales service there really sucked, which basically nobody (seriously was nobody in entire showroom) care about you. They rather chitchat themselves instead of provide service.

Recently I just changed to another sales agent when buying new car, (the original sales agent service is ok, but just felt like kind you want buy then buy, don't bother to provide service actively), luckily able to seal the deal with the car I like and with the sales agent I like with.

• Praise 1

So many people here get offended

if people say they have no money.

In my case its true and I am so used

to it. No big deal to me.

pls all say ive no money so i dont need to buy anythin from or help anyone who feel that way about me, then will have money for my children n old age.

keep up ur yayapapayaness all salespersons

• Praise 2

Supercharged

i thot i very xiao, u xiao-er than me.. cos i test drive quite "frequent" during these 1-2 yrs, perhaps some se oredi recognized me liao..

in the end, still haven't commit..

i thought the AD are more caution with see2-look2 buyers who only wanted to test drive for fun after the fatal mazda accident at macpherson road. on the other hand, most of the used car dealers are more stringent on test driving. one could test drive only after placing a deposit. 

the above are just my observation. 

A good product sells by itself without salesmen.

A mediocre product need a lot of salesmen to try hard to push it.

Thats why I feel that those who can sell many chery qqs are some of the best sales people in the world
↡ Advertisement