2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Twincharged

wah, Kona 1.0T  $88K & i30 1.4T  $95K. These are interesting offerings. They can help keep Komoco staff busy, while they wait for the Elantra band B engine.

anw, K car w/ the 1.0T has over taken the Japs, who don have such small turbo engines.

but the 1.0T only has a manual transmission. ok for me.

Hmmm... that's like entry level for premium German badges... who would buy the Hyundai?

for 135k what sporty german car can you buy?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hmmm... that's like entry level for premium German badges... who would buy the Hyundai?

135k maybe a BMW 1 Series or a MercA180  but not at that performance level I guess 

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 1

This car alot function been removed. Most significant is airbag only 2 and those park assist, blind spot detection all been strip to keep omv lower then 20k. SE say this model omv 18k but dunno how true

• Praise 2

This car alot function been removed. Most significant is airbag only 2 and those park assist, blind spot detection all been strip to keep omv lower then 20k. SE say this model omv 18k but dunno how true

Must see the spec sheet lar...
  • Praise 1

I had a look at the i30 and registered my interest for a test drive when it is available. The infotainment screen is a disappointing 5 inches and the fact that it only has 2 air bags is disappointing. I guess it's to keep the cost down.

Online reviews doesn't paint the car as something impressive to drive. I also questioned about the reliability of the DCT compared to conventional auto. Will reserve further judgement until I actually test drive the car.

• Praise 2

I had a look at the i30 and registered my interest for a test drive when it is available. The infotainment screen is a disappointing 5 inches and the fact that it only has 2 air bags is disappointing. I guess it's to keep the cost down.

Online reviews doesn't paint the car as something impressive to drive. I also questioned about the reliability of the DCT compared to conventional auto. Will reserve further judgement until I actually test drive the car.

As far as I know, the i30 in past iterations was always rated for its design, feature list, super warranty, but it was never as good to drive as a Golf or Focus, and never as fuel efficient... however, it is still considered an excellent car to own, and it's quite popular in UK...

I guess the i30 was never designed to be fun to drive but rather more to practicality and value for money. At 96k is hard to get a car that has comparable performance with multi-link rear suspension. Saw the e-brochure also does have rear air vents?

But I do detest ADs in Singapore trying to cut cost by neglecting on the safety side. And that 5" Infotainment Display is an eye sore. 

• Praise 2

I guess the i30 was never designed to be fun to drive but rather more to practicality and value for money. At 96k is hard to get a car that has comparable performance with multi-link rear suspension. Saw the e-brochure also does have rear air vents?

But I do detest ADs in Singapore trying to cut cost by neglecting on the safety side. And that 5" Infotainment Display is an eye sore.

Forget...it.

Get the Opel Astra instead provided it is reliable...

• Praise 2

Forget...it.

Get the Opel Astra instead provided it is reliable...

Opel and reliability are not often mentioned in the same breath... Edited by teomingern

Opel and reliability are not often mentioned in the same breath...

Agree...maybe a gauge of reliability can be made after @kelaihoyin and @tianmo keep their cars more than 5 years

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 2

Rear air vents is present since it is using electronic park brake. Priced at around 91k at motor show... come with 3 years servicing, 1-year road tax, 5 years warranty. Guess it's the cheapest 1.4T car around. A pity the rear suspension is torsion beam.

• Praise 2

Rear air vents is present since it is using electronic park brake. Priced at around 91k at motor show... come with 3 years servicing, 1-year road tax, 5 years warranty. Guess it's the cheapest 1.4T car around. A pity the rear suspension is torsion beam.

Huh? Torsion beam??? The i30 has always been multi-link rear suspension leh... you mean the bean counters won out even for this Europe specific car??? How to compete with both the Golf and Focus if it's torsion beam???

Bro you zhun am... don't anyhow whack... Sgcarmart lists it as having multi-link beam rear suspension...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement