2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Seems like a value buy. At around $8.2K/yr of depreciation, its difficult to find a better car with a better value!

I have test driven the i30. Except for the initial turbo lag, its otherwise quite a good drive. Mid-range pull is strong and it doesnt get coarse or breathless till the redline.The engine is quiet and refined, way better than the  Hyundai naturally aspirated engines. The DCT gearbox isnt as refined or as quick as VW's but certainly quicker than a conventional auto. Handling and stability is also decent, along with a supple ride. Hyundai seems to have got this one right. My only gripe is that the model sold here is equipped with only 2 airbags. 

Omv around $18k.. Front and rear car cam and also solar film lor.. Pretty std. Come july price will increase at least another $10k due to the ves rebate (no more)

Edited by Dinkydong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Seems like a value buy. At around $8.2K/yr of depreciation, its difficult to find a better car with a better value!

I have test driven the i30. Except for the initial turbo lag, its otherwise quite a good drive. Mid-range pull is strong and it doesnt get coarse or breathless till the redline.The engine is quiet and refined, way better than the Hyundai naturally aspirated engines. The DCT gearbox isnt as refined or as quick as VW's but certainly quicker than a conventional auto. Handling and stability is also decent, along with a supple ride. Hyundai seems to have got this one right. My only gripe is that the model sold here is equipped with only 2 airbags.

Depre should be $8700 not $8200 .. The upfront $10k ves rebate will eventually deduct from your omv. Meaning, omv $18k - $10k rebate =$8k.

Parf is only 50% of $8k.

Yup, one of the major short for will be this.. Ie only 2 airbags

With the drop of cat B coe by another $3k ($45k to $42k), not sure if komoco will reduce its selling price to $88k.. If so, will be even a better buy.. Haha

Can u elaborate more about this $10K rebate? I thought this model is in the BAND B VES segment? Why is it that in July there will be a $10K surcharge?

Depre should be $8700 not $8200 .. The upfront $10k ves rebate will eventually deduct from your omv. Meaning, omv $18k - $10k rebate =$8k.
Parf is only 50% of $8k.
Yup, one of the major short for will be this.. Ie only 2 airbags

I doubt so, COE rebate is pegged at $25K if i am not mistaken.

With the drop of cat B coe by another $3k ($45k to $42k), not sure if komoco will reduce its selling price to $88k.. If so, will be even a better buy.. Haha

Can u elaborate more about this $10K rebate? I thought this model is in the BAND B VES segment? Why is it that in July there will be a $10K surcharge?

I doubt so, COE rebate is pegged at $25K if i am not mistaken.

Well, i am pretty confuse also frankly.. according to the SE, komoco only manage to 'secure’ this till June.. After which, this $10k rebate no longer apply and komoco will up the price.

I think can hold and purchase later. Seems like after cny get will be a good time as usually Coe will drop even more during cny period. Only concern is the 2 airbag. Don't understand why only 2 airbag just to reduce omv. Really wtf

If  thats the case, then it means somehow they were given an extension to use the CEVS scheme until June!

In any case, congrats on yr new car. Excellent choice. When are u expecting delivery?

Well, i am pretty confuse also frankly.. according to the SE, komoco only manage to 'secure’ this till June.. After which, this $10k rebate no longer apply and komoco will up the price.

If thats the case, then it means somehow they were given an extension to use the CEVS scheme until June!

In any case, congrats on yr new car. Excellent choice. When are u expecting delivery?

Thanks. Estimated delivery between end feb to mid March. Booked for polar white (unfortunately pearl white is not available as an option) with black interior..

Indeed, i share your frustration too. However, at this price point, something has to give. At least, its better than the Golf 1.0 tsi, which is really very bare (yeah u dont even get any steering wheel controls, cruise control, etc.) for $115K! 

I think can hold and purchase later. Seems like after cny get will be a good time as usually Coe will drop even more during cny period. Only concern is the 2 airbag. Don't understand why only 2 airbag just to reduce omv. Really wtf

Yup. They need to keep the omv low. If omv cross $20k, then downpayment has to be 40% instead of 30%.

Not too sure if there will be after mkt parts available.. Eg the 8" display and drl head lamps etc

Yup. They need to keep the omv low. If omv cross $20k, then downpayment has to be 40% instead of 30%.

Not too sure if there will be after mkt parts available.. Eg the 8" display and drl head lamps etc

Sure can get... cos these parts are not exclusive to left or right hand drive... but issue is you want to get outside workshop to tamper with your car electronics when the car is so new or not? Some parts need to remove steering wheel and may affect the airbags...

You can fix fog lamps with the original switch stalk, change the whole headlights assembly to the one with DRL, change the console fascia to incorporate the 8" head unit with the steering wheel switch panel interface and also install all the missing sensors etc... costly leh...

Anyway, new price list from SE is in. All i can say those book at motorshow feel sucks. All across Hyundai model all drop few k

I30 now is at 87,999. Dunno is guaranteed coe or what. But i think still can bargain more

Edited by NgWeiBin

Anyway, new price list from SE is in. All i can say those book at motorshow feel sucks. All across Hyundai model all drop few k

I30 now is at 87,999. Dunno is guaranteed coe or what. But i think still can bargain more

Sigh... Car yet to get already lost $3k...

87999 is G coe.

Non G less 3k.

Wah. Si bei attractive. I'm sure they will get you Coe on non G because they sure want to get some i30 on the road. Only draw back for me is the stupid 2 air bag
  • Praise 1