• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1524 replies to this topic | 1,855 praises

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For the DCT, isit possible to change the transmission fluid at komoco?

Life long fluid is bulls**t

Dont have to go back to komoco, buy the atf and do it outside.

Save you $$.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:16 AM

carcar2010
  • carcar2010
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi any i30 whatapp grp can join. please PM me. thanks

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Save you $$.

Don't you guys know 7DCT is dry clutch. Can change oil meh?

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How u define reliability when the car is probably only 2 to 3 years old.

Never believe such postings.

Save you $$.

Can. Then gearbox no warranty by komoco should anything happen.

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I would like to know the answer too. Is it the same as dry DSG gearbox?

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Dry clutch does not means no transmission oil, there are still between 1-2 liters of oil for lubrication. 

Never believe such postings.
Can. Then gearbox no warranty by komoco should anything happen.

Dont see why transmission oil change outside komoco will void the warranty. They are one of the ADs that have removed the clause for voiding warranty from outside servicing

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dry clutch does not means no transmission oil, there are still between 1-2 liters of oil for lubrication.

Dont see why transmission oil change outside komoco will void the warranty. They are one of the ADs that have removed the clause for voiding warranty from outside servicing.

Really? I didn't know that. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed oil to be changed? I am not a believer of life long oil as well.

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:17 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Really? I didn't know that. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed oil to be changed? I am not a believer of life long oil as well.

As per user manual page 8-11. KMC svc centre mentioned their interval is change at every 100,000km

MTRvYKr.jpg

Tiger1 praised this

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:48 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

gears and bearing still need oil for lubricate...
DCT does not means no gears and bearing.
is only the clutch pack without lubricate oil bath like wet clutch.
our old manual Tran clutch also dry, oil still needed for gearing part
Tiger1 and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    Supercharged
    Author Image

As per user manual page 8-11. KMC svc centre mentioned their interval is change at every 100,000km

MTRvYKr.jpg

WA. Learnt something new today. Thanks very much! Service interval recommended at 100k. I think I will get my changed at 50k. I kiasu.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:07 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Rented i30 with 18000 Km on it

My impression is seems pretty well build. Came with 16” steel rims and hub cover.

The steering wheel is pretty vague. The brakes are total crap as nearly din brake in time.

Engine very smooth with slight turbo lag

Pickup quite decent. FC was pretty decent as well.

No creaks or noise even from a abused rental is testament to the Long term durability.

In summary nice car .. only suggestion is probably upgrade to the N30 brakes to make it a complete package
badlammy praised this

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

Kinoi68
  • Premium member
    Kinoi68
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Considering the i30 wagon as one of my choice for the next ride, heard from one of my friends that there are issue with the DCT identical to VW DSG, wonder if this is true. Would appreciate some advice from fellow i30 owners. Thanks in advance.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Considering the i30 wagon as one of my choice for the next ride, heard from one of my friends that there are issue with the DCT identical to VW DSG, wonder if this is true. Would appreciate some advice from fellow i30 owners. Thanks in advance.

You can refer to the past few pages as this has been discussed before. It's mainly fixed with the new firmware from Nov 2018 batch onward

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:48 AM

Dinkydong
  • Premium member
    Dinkydong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hyundai's i30 Dct does not have issues associated with VWs DSG. It is generally a reliable gearbox. Otherwise u would have seen many owners complaint about it here. Having said that, u need to be aware of the shortcomings of a dual clutch transmission. It is not equipped with a torque converter. It will not be as smooth as a traditional auto gearbox in low speeds. Think of it more like an automated manual. In extremely long slow creeping traffic a dct transmission can heat up. If u have to drive through the Causeway often, it may be wise to stay away from any car equipped with a dual clutch gearbox.
lun71 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

lun71
  • lun71
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You can refer to the past few pages as this has been discussed before. It's mainly fixed with the new firmware from Nov 2018 batch onward

This is not true. Mine is the Feb 19 shipment, still need to update with KMC.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Kinoi68
  • Premium member
    Kinoi68
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hyundai's i30 Dct does not have issues associated with VWs DSG. It is generally a reliable gearbox. Otherwise u would have seen many owners complaint about it here. Having said that, u need to be aware of the shortcomings of a dual clutch transmission. It is not equipped with a torque converter. It will not be as smooth as a traditional auto gearbox in low speeds. Think of it more like an automated manual. In extremely long slow creeping traffic a dct transmission can heat up. If u have to drive through the Causeway often, it may be wise to stay away from any car equipped with a dual clutch gearbox.

Thanks very much, bro.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thought hyundai already stopped selling the i30? facelift should be coming in soon. 

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

so far I never seen i30 crossing causeway during sunny hot day with long creeping jams like 2-3 hrs.
may be owners do know the issue and avoid the unnecessary to happen during that long jam.
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:19 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

looks like facelift coming. Anyone knows when its dued?

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

looks like facelift coming. Anyone knows when its dued?

The i30 hatchback is back for sale (not sure if facelifted) but with some major changes below -

The 1.4T engine have been factory detuned to 128hp, down from 138hp to fit within Cat A. The wagon still retain the 138hp engine.

It also feature driver knee and side curtain airbags as default, up from 2 airbags. Also the factory-fitted HU (carplay/android auto) and full LED headlights.

Pricing wise is retailing for 90999 as of today

27fBmkN.jpg

Edited by Ceecookie, 04 July 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users