2017 Hyundai i30

Thecarboy302

Nancy from LTW is smaller poison ... but yeah, u can get audio, soundproofing, LED lights, Hella horn and visor from her.  dun ask me how I know, LOL. 

As for the 7 year warranty, buyers get to decide if its worth it - maybe better to have warranty if selling the car (peace of mind for new buyer).  But do read properly the terms n conditions - there are clear stipulations what you can or cannot do to maintain the 7 year coverage and what the warranty covers.  there are restrictions on servicing outside.  

Hahaha, besides those that you mentioned probably also bodykits and cosmetic stuff? Thats one area she is very aggressive with. haha.

Currently what's been offer to me is 7 + 7 (ie 7 years warranty + 7 years free servicing). But of course, I suspect that the free servicing to be only on labour exclude material used (engine oil, oil filter etc). But this is already good enough for me not to do my servicing with outside workshop. :) I have owned several Hyundai before and more or less know how KMC operates. :) As well as knowing all the stockists such as Min Ghee and Song Yi.

The warranty definitely adds resale value. :) Nowadays many people starts to sell the car by themselves via sgcarmart portal than to the used dealers. 

↡ Advertisement

a good sigh that Hyundai is covering its warranty - owners have started replacing leather seats which have deteriorated (installed locally it seems).  so agent = steady , so far .... Having owned a few H cars before, u shd know better than me, that's for sure.

a good sigh that Hyundai is covering its warranty - owners have started replacing leather seats which have deteriorated (installed locally it seems).  so agent = steady , so far .... Having owned a few H cars before, u shd know better than me, that's for sure.

Thats uncommon to me on the leather seats part....

Yes bro, KMC is honorable on warranty than being calculative.

For example if you car battery happens to fail at any point of time, its one to one replacement without question.

Unlike some authorised dealers that will pro-rata (unused months/ 1yr). You got to share part of the battery cost. And common, how much is a car battery only?

This is the KMC that I have know of up until around 2009 or 2010 before I moved over to Jap make. :)

Thats uncommon to me on the leather seats part....

Yes bro, KMC is honorable on warranty than being calculative.

For example if you car battery happens to fail at any point of time, its one to one replacement without question.

Unlike some authorised dealers that will pro-rata (unused months/ 1yr). You got to share part of the battery cost. And common, how much is a car battery only?

This is the KMC that I have know of up until around 2009 or 2010 before I moved over to Jap make. :)

Yup... also my experience... they're pretty upfront...
  • Praise 1

seems like i30 is running dry clutch, not sure if its lasting in the long run when you creep in the crazy jams? 

The only difference between dry clutch and wet clutch is that dry clutch will wear out faster, without the lubrication. But more importantly is how the driver going to drive a car with DCT.

If you are going to drive like CVT or normal AT, it will only brings about plenty of premature wear and tear be it dry or wet clutch.

I don kno how many drivers here ever been driving a manual gb in their past? If you follow how you have been driving a manual gb to drive the i30, I trust the DCT will last long. Also, there is this auto hold function to help prolong the lifespan of DCT parts.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Wonder if anyone like me now waiting for coming Feb shipment?

My SE told me that the shipment may arrived earlier though.

Seems nobody here has ordered for the Feb shipment?

I was actually going for the Dec one but missed as being totally sold out.

Hence being pushed to Feb shipment.

I guess after the Dec batch delivery I would get to see more i30 on the road. And even more when Feb batch are delivered. :)

The only difference between dry clutch and wet clutch is that dry clutch will wear out faster, without the lubrication. But more importantly is how the driver going to drive a car with DCT.

If you are going to drive like CVT or normal AT, it will only brings about plenty of premature wear and tear be it dry or wet clutch.

I don kno how many drivers here ever been driving a manual gb in their past? If you follow how you have been driving a manual gb to drive the i30, I trust the DCT will last long. Also, there is this auto hold function to help prolong the lifespan of DCT parts.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Seems nobody here has ordered for the Feb shipment?

I was actually going for the Dec one but missed as being totally sold out.

Hence being pushed to Feb shipment.

I guess after the Dec batch delivery I would get to see more i30 on the road. And even more when Feb batch are delivered. :)

Just a note... dry clutch doesn't mean no lubrication... just substantially less to save weight... and that's why it's called dry clutch and that's why it was developed...
  • Praise 1

The new dct firmware is under trial testing with a few i30s. If it's ready by your car collection date, you can request kmc to perform the firmware update

Did the new firmware resolve those issues? 

• Praise 1

I think it did.. alot of good review from the group chat

Glad to know that it has been fixed.

Loss of power while driving is a scary thing.

Just a note... dry clutch doesn't mean no lubrication... just substantially less to save weight... and that's why it's called dry clutch and that's why it was developed...

Pardon me for not being precise enough. When we are talking about dual clutch transmission, I am referring to the clutch plates and not lubrication like the trans synthetic oil. 

For dry clutch, it simply means no oil present at all between the clutch plates. This is lead to earlier wear and tear of these clutch plates and compared with wet clutch. And wear and tear is not cover under warranty....

Glad to know that it has been fixed.

Loss of power while driving is a scary thing.

Bro, you can join the "3rd generation i30 Singapore Group (i30 PDe)" fb group.

All discussion and feedback are there. If I am not wrong, one of the admin works with KMC.

I am impressed that KMC actually works with Hyundai on this issue and developed an updated firmware.

This actually bring me to settle down with an i30 wagon. :)

Pardon me for not being precise enough. When we are talking about dual clutch transmission, I am referring to the clutch plates and not lubrication like the trans synthetic oil. 

For dry clutch, it simply means no oil present at all between the clutch plates. This is lead to earlier wear and tear of these clutch plates and compared with wet clutch. And wear and tear is not cover under warranty....

Bro, you can join the "3rd generation i30 Singapore Group (i30 PDe)" fb group.

All discussion and feedback are there. If I am not wrong, one of the admin works with KMC.

I am impressed that KMC actually works with Hyundai on this issue and developed an updated firmware.

This actually bring me to settle down with an i30 wagon. :)

I think this is a known issue if you google Hyundai DCT issue. It is not Singapore's specific

I think this is a known issue if you google Hyundai DCT issue. It is not Singapore's specific

Yes, its the characteristics of DCT GB. I did a second test drive with the manual gear mentality and the ride was silky smooth. If you are coming fro CVT or AT, kicks off those habits and adapt to the driving of a manual gear. 

For instance, when you drive a manual gear you do not light tap on the brake pedal but goes all the way down with the clutch in to shift gear.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2713226-dsg-gearbox-manoeuvring-in-carpark/

You can read from here to know that the Golf DSG has the same issue as i30 DCT.

:)

• Praise 1

Hi,

Anyone know if the i30 have tire pressure monitoring system available? I couldn't find it in the car menu. Thank you :)

If I am not wrong, only the Dec batch have this installed by factory. 

If you have that feature, there will be this additional switch just on top of traction control sharing the same compartment.

Otherwise you will only have the standalone traction control switch. 

And btw, has anyone who has just signed the deal recently and was told that the shipment coming in mid Feb will be the new facelift?

I have seen the new facelift now comes with LED headlamps, 17inch rims, and electric seats. 

Anyone could confirm on this?