Unusual Challenge for car wax coating industry

Sdf4786k

Anyone here thinks a iphone 7 Jet black challenge with ceramic coat be it 7H , 9H or nano from the advertiser will boost the image and sales of the services ?

The jet black being one of the easiest to scratch. IF by any chance, a sponsor and mycarforum can help provide a platform for this poll, I believe it will path the way on the ability of the coating then just hype.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone here thinks a iphone 7 Jet black challenge with ceramic coat be it 7H , 9H or nano from the advertiser will boost the image and sales of the services ?

The jet black being one of the easiest to scratch. IF by any chance, a sponsor and mycarforum can help provide a platform for this poll, I believe it will path the way on the ability of the coating then just hype.

fyi. apple has something in plan to address the scratch resistance issue. i am in this field so i know a little. in the past they addresses with Sapphire but the sapphire company GT&T they partner went burst and cost being still on the high side. however if you see their iwatch the reverse is transparent ceramic which much cheaper than sapphire. that could be a possibility. coating is never considered as reliability is an issue. it is still a coating and the resistant to chemical is important too.

even the phone camera lens cover now is ceramic.

there is technology which is yet to be matured and that is they can slice sapphire to be micro level to be laminated as a film. this will be interesting.

Edited by Heman75

I had the thought too to coat my phone screen too instead for using a screen protector. Wonder if this is feasible

i dont think i will work well. the requirement is more stringent on phone than on car. cos you touch and rub everyday. in no time it will be gone. also those so called glass coat or ceramic coat is not as hard as u think when applied on the car. the layer is only micron. when they say 9h under what condition they tested? ceramic by nature is hard but if it is so thin. when press hard the layer might just crack apart. unless they can show me they do the scratch test after they applied on the car.. scratch the car. then i believe.

fyi. apple has something in plan to address the scratch resistance issue. i am in this field so i know a little. in the past they addresses with Sapphire but the sapphire company GT&T they partner went burst and cost being still on the high side. however if you see their iwatch the reverse is transparent ceramic which much cheaper than sapphire. that could be a possibility. coating is never considered as reliability is an issue. it is still a coating and the resistant to chemical is important too.

even the phone camera lens cover now is ceramic.

there is technology which is yet to be matured and that is they can slice sapphire to be micro level to be laminated as a film. this will be interesting.

For iphone 7, I don't think the camera lens in ceramic. One youtuber who did the scratch test determined that it is the same hardness as the glass screen. Normal glass only.

For iphone 7, I don't think the camera lens in ceramic. One youtuber who did the scratch test determined that it is the same hardness as the glass screen. Normal glass only.

FYI.. it will be.. insider news.

FYI.. it will be.. insider news.

Your insider news different from mine. You work in apple also? Anyway, even if they go to ceramic for the camera, should be the next iphone and not iphone 7.

Turbocharged

That one got no protection. Not much use for a phone.

Maybe buy some of that Aircraft Grade Permanon from MCF then :a-happy:

Your insider news different from mine. You work in apple also? Anyway, even if they go to ceramic for the camera, should be the next iphone and not iphone 7.

ops.. that much i can say.. contract...